Solution for “Fan Dimmers” malfunctioning problem with UPS

Please tell us in simple layman terms what exactly we have to do and which type of capacitor we have to buy. I have homage 2000va ups with separate wiring for every connection. @ijaz Ahmed I like most here are not very technical, please guide.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:20, topic:17228”]

A capacitor for each individual fan or just one will do ?

[/quote][quote=“tramper, post:21, topic:17228”]

Please tell us in simple layman terms what exactly we have to do and which type of capacitor we have to buy. I have homage 2000va ups with separate wiring for every connection. @ijaz Ahmed I like most here are not very technical, please guide.

[/quote]

If you guys have no problem, then I would suggest you don’t do this.

However, if you are having problems like frequently burning fan dimmers, mobile chargers etc, then you you should add one capacitor to each fan directly at the input point where 220V connects to fan. I mean the capacitor should come in action only and only when you turn on that fan.

The value of capacitor has already been mentioned in the original post by ‘Signode’. These capacitors are available at electric shops easily.

[CAUTION] A capacitor can give you a serious and possibly lethal shock when it is charged.

This is an old topic but due to weather change in Pakistan its a tough time for fan dimmers :smiley:

I’ll remain thanful if someone explain this a bit for dummies.
Fan capicitors are added in the fan on one wire but it is said above to connect one leg of capicitor to one hole (+) and one to the other (-) :confounded:

How these capicitors or different from fan capicitors? Is it just the size? Like 2.2uF vs 30uF
Can anyone post picture of this if they have tried it? Or at least a diagram?

thanks a lot! i’ve been having exact same questions and i would also be very thankful if someone could explain these things for dummies (i’m on some drugs that i got by using some drug coupons and i’m not sure if they are working fine with my brain). please come back with an update inc ase you find some answers. thanks a lot.