Sold my first blog online

Hi,

I am so happy that I just sold my first blog online :D

Buyer wired me payment from USA and I got it in my MCB account with in 13-14 hours!

Also sold 4 domains today (purchased 11 months ago) on minimal loss which I guess is not bad for first time hehe

Really happy for you TechMan.....congratulations....now u owe us a treat :)

Hmmm Which blog ? and for how much techy ???

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Really happy for you TechMan…congratulations…now u owe us a treat :)
[/quote]

hahaha…yeah the ‘murgha’ is ‘hazir’

Hmmm Which blog ? and for how much techy ???
[/quote]

The one in my signature. Earned $300 from it in 10 months and then sold for $300 ;)

300$ in 10 months. Wow did you get the PR ? It was fast.

Keep it up.

300$ in 10 months. Wow did you get the PR ? It was fast.

Keep it up.

[/quote]

Just got back links + after some time I started getting continuous traffic from search engines especially Google.

TechMan please share your entire experience on this, it will be very helpful in guiding other/new members

Nice... Congrats!

^ yeah share it dude :D Specially it will be a helpfull guide for Asmar :D

TechMan please share your entire experience on this, it will be very helpful in guiding other/new members
[/quote]

This is what I did.

1. First I installed that plugin which displays beautiful permalinks instead of index.php?id=2&page=34

I am sure almost every one knows about it…I can’t seem to recall the name off the top of my head but if some one wants I will let him know.

2. Registered my blog in Google Webmaster and Analytics.

3. Posted a lot of articles.

4. Kept the design neat and clean as you can see for yourself. I didn’t use Adsense specific theme. Plus I played around a little bit with ads and found that image ad works better on my site rather than text ads. But may be I am wrong.

5. Traffic traffic traffic. This is the blood of any website. If you don’t have traffic then you can’t earn enough. I remember using some software … don’t remember exact name but it was something like Comment Kahuna which used to tell which blogs/websites are not using nofollow in their comments section. This is very important because if you get backlinks which are using nofollow then it won’t help in SEO since the page is not passing PR/weightage to your page. So using this software I would find relevant websites of particular PR (for e.g. you can search for PR6 websites on keyword ‘technology’ which are not using nofollow) and then post useful comments there. As you know when you post comments you also give your URL so that helps in getting backlinks.

6. Me and my friends were also used to submit content to social sites like digg, reddit, mixx e.t.c. Trust me if your site makes it to first page of these sites then expect A LOT OF TRAFFIC … especially if you are on first page of digg which will send so much traffic that it may crash your server :)… but of course that means it will also generate money!

7. Keep checking your Webmaster account for keywords you are getting traffic from Google and your site position.

8. I never tried to trick user into clicking an ad neither used some black hat SEO…just kept it simple!

^ Hmmm good efforts. So the articles were your own written or you just tweaked some of the lines and published it ?

9. Plus I removed unnecessary links/images/objects from pages to make website load faster. There are free services available which checks how much time does your website take to load and tell you about bottlenecks like for instance I improved my website loading speed by upto 500% since I removed a lot of external images and links which slows down loading. Trust me users have very short attention span and they will move away if the site doesn't load in seconds.

10. Installed that RECOMMEND reading plugin. Like you see on Amazon "People who bought this also bought this item" or on movies site... "People who saw this movie also saw this"... so in the same way I installed a plugin that tell users based on post's keyword ... "users who read this post also read so and so". This is necessary to reduce bounce rate of your site. 100% bounce means a user comes to your site....reads the article....and then leaves without clicking any single link. So you need to make user explore and check other links which increases your prospect of earning. You can check your site bounce rate in Analytics.

^ Hmmm good efforts. So the articles were your own written or you just tweaked some of the lines and published it ?
[/quote]

I used to gather articles from different sources, then rewrite in my own words with different tone and style and also try to add a fact or two which may not be found in original sources.

welldone and good job done by you!!!! any suggestion to people who are new to article writing and publishing can u pm me the deatils of ur articles

How about a treat :P

How about a treat :P
[/quote]

U mean treat platinum? :P

congratulations!

U mean treat platinum? :P

[/quote]

ok than, treat platinum for all wired pakistan members :P

Hi i am New To THis blog stuff My questions are How Do I A Permalinks in my blog like it shows a little text of the post on frontpage and shows the whole post by clicking on permalink.secondly,how do i add recommend thingy in da blog :)

Sorry For My Dumbness but i am pretty new To This Stuff Hope some1 will help me :lol

Hi i am New To THis blog stuff My questions are How Do I A Permalinks in my blog like it shows a little text of the post on frontpage and shows the whole post by clicking on permalink
[/quote]

You will need to use more tag like shown below:

sshot.th.gif

secondly,how do i add recommend thingy in da blog

[/quote]

Use "Darren’s Related Posts plugin"

http://sevenroot.org/dlc/2006/01/dlc-related/