[quote=", post:, topic:"]
TechMan please share your entire experience on this, it will be very helpful in guiding other/new members
This is what I did.
1. First I installed that plugin which displays beautiful permalinks instead of index.php?id=2&page=34
I am sure almost every one knows about it…I can’t seem to recall the name off the top of my head but if some one wants I will let him know.
2. Registered my blog in Google Webmaster and Analytics.
3. Posted a lot of articles.
4. Kept the design neat and clean as you can see for yourself. I didn’t use Adsense specific theme. Plus I played around a little bit with ads and found that image ad works better on my site rather than text ads. But may be I am wrong.
5. Traffic traffic traffic. This is the blood of any website. If you don’t have traffic then you can’t earn enough. I remember using some software … don’t remember exact name but it was something like Comment Kahuna which used to tell which blogs/websites are not using nofollow in their comments section. This is very important because if you get backlinks which are using nofollow then it won’t help in SEO since the page is not passing PR/weightage to your page. So using this software I would find relevant websites of particular PR (for e.g. you can search for PR6 websites on keyword ‘technology’ which are not using nofollow) and then post useful comments there. As you know when you post comments you also give your URL so that helps in getting backlinks.
6. Me and my friends were also used to submit content to social sites like digg, reddit, mixx e.t.c. Trust me if your site makes it to first page of these sites then expect A LOT OF TRAFFIC … especially if you are on first page of digg which will send so much traffic that it may crash your server … but of course that means it will also generate money!
7. Keep checking your Webmaster account for keywords you are getting traffic from Google and your site position.
8. I never tried to trick user into clicking an ad neither used some black hat SEO…just kept it simple!