Solar System & LED light flickering issue

HI all,

This is my first post on this forum and and first post since I moved back to PK.

I have installed 3, 3kW Hybrid solar systems at my place and each system is running at 50% of the capacity usually (thats how the load has been distributed). I am not expecting miracles out of it.

1. System is attached to few LED bulbs, Laptop Charger socket, a Pedestal Fan and an Axon 1.5 ton inverter AC. What happens is that everytime the grid comes back from the power outage the lights flicker for 2,3 secs and then everything thing is back to normal.

How can I remove this problem ?

System 2 has the same load for the other room and its creating the same problem

System 3 is fine as it doesn't have any LEDs.

System 1 is fine when only grid is connected but with the hybrid inverter this is creating a problem

each system has 12 German poly panels 250w each

1 hybrid infini inverter

and 4 150 Ah batteries

any suggestions?

EF

IMO when electric power comes back, the inverter sense the voltage and frequency of the WAPDA and adjusts it's own output before switching (or start sharing) the load with WAPDA. That is possibly the reason for this flicker.

If you want to get rid of this, you can try some other good brand LED bulb. Many cheap LED bulbs don;t have a good power supply inside.

PS: Have you observed the same phenomena with energy saver lamps ?

Ijaz,

I haven't

Someone told me that I need to reduce the grid delay time but it has been unsuccessful can you recommend some other solution.

The problem is the same arrangement for the lights and air con is in another room and the LEDS doesn't flicker.

I am just not sure how to solve this. Any solution would be appreciated?

[quote=", post:2, topic:21141"]

IMO when electric power comes back, the inverter sense the voltage and frequency of the WAPDA and adjusts it's own output before switching (or start sharing) the load with WAPDA. That is possibly the reason for this flicker.

If you want to get rid of this, you can try some other good brand LED bulb. Many cheap LED bulbs don;t have a good power supply inside.

PS: Have you observed the same phenomena with energy saver lamps ?

[/quote]

I agree with Mr. Ijaz Ahmed, And suggest you to change the Default setting of the Inverter (test on any one unit to see the difference) Priority to Solar and than Utility. It is by default Utility!

Let us know if it works in your favor.

I <3 Solar

Its an old thread but I am surprised that power from the mains(WAPDA) is fed to output without first synchronizing the signal. I mean it should first synchronize and then load balance between solar and mains. But @effective_factor did you find any solution?

[quote=“effective_factor, post:, topic:”]

HI all,

This is my first post on this forum and and first post since I moved back to PK.

I have installed 3, 3kW Hybrid solar systems at my place and each system is running at 50% of the capacity usually (thats how the load has been distributed). I am not expecting miracles out of it.

1. System is attached to few LED bulbs, Laptop Charger socket, a Pedestal Fan and an Axon 1.5 ton inverter AC. What happens is that everytime the grid comes back from the power outage the lights flicker for 2,3 secs and then everything thing is back to normal.

How can I remove this problem ?

System 2 has the same load for the other room and its creating the same problem

System 3 is fine as it doesn’t have any LEDs.

System 1 is fine when only grid is connected but with the hybrid inverter this is creating a problem

each system has 12 German poly panels 250w each

1 hybrid infini inverter

and 4 150 Ah batteries

any suggestions?

EF

[/quote]

Sir, As per my experience, the inverter that is making problem is not properly installed.

1- Normally grounded conductors may be ungrounded. (Its very important)

2-may happens due to lose battery connections