Solar Powered Vehicle

hi,

Mechanical Student from University of Engineering and Technology Lahore Pakistan, made a prototype vehicle that uses a solar panel and charge a 80AH battery to run!.... MAX speed 30KPH. For the first time in the history Pakistan....

Check out the instructable at:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-powered-Vehicle/

If you like the project do vote for it on instructable's site

Why is it that every time someone makes something like this, it is declared to be happening "the first time in the history of Pakistan". <_<

There is nothing sophisticated or innovative in the above pic. Just a panel, a COTS charge controller circuit and a DC motor hooked up to the battery. :rolleyes:

Academia should aim higher and innovate rather than reinvent the wheel and expect congratulatory back-slaps. :mellow:

I don't want to be discouraging but show us something or some genuine indigenous and innovative effort to impress us rather than make us go, "Not again!". :)

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:15098”]

Academia should aim higher and innovate rather than reinvent the wheel and expect congratulatory back-slaps. :mellow:

[/quote]

100% Agreed - Unfortunately our academic staff is far far away from practical side and really unable to do something which is commercially viable. There is also a great need for a link between academia and industry. The research (whatsoever, even innovative) is of no use if nation can not benefit from it.

Where can i get these solar panels in Lahore, Pakistan?

[quote=“xaheer, post:4, topic:15098”]

Where can i get these solar panels in Lahore, Pakistan?

[/quote]

Shaheen Solar Company - Hall Road Lahore