Solar Panels - Home Solutions?

hey everyone, does anyone know of any companies providing home solutions concerning solar panels? and how much does a installation cost + what can you run on the system? it just lights & fans (low power stuff) or can you run fridges and ac's as well.

thanks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hey everyone, does anyone know of any companies providing home solutions concerning solar panels? and how much does a installation cost + what can you run on the system? it just lights & fans (low power stuff) or can you run fridges and ac’s as well.

thanks

[/quote]

Once upon a time, some very long long years ago, I did research on solar panels for my home. However, we need to do refresh research for current rates in Pakistan. Don’t compare with developed countries’ rates. Pakistan has always different ground realities especially for technologies.

One thing you have to do is to get rid of all electricity sucking devices. It’s crazy if someone go to solar panels with incandescent light bulb. You have to replace all incandescent light bulb with low wattage energy savers. Moreover, don’t think to run bulky A/C or high wattage iron on solar panels. You’ll be killing the whole system. It’s not feasible.

In layman’s terms, when you plan for solar panels then think of things you can run over a moderate UPS.

If you get fresh information for solar panels in Pakistan then please share with us. Thank you.

Fe-Aman Allah.

I would also like to hear feasibility and cost options in Pakistan for solar energy. If anyone has any info, please do share.

Well, I have no idea what the going rate per kWh here in Pakistan, but in Canada, the going rate per kWh (excluding anything along the lines of administration / line rent etc...) is Rs. 9.1 (or approximately 14 cents).

If let's say you consume 500 kWh, you would pay approximately: Rs. 5150 or Rs. 10.3 per kWh (including admin. and line rents etc...).

Now if someone can provide the per kWh of KESC supplies, we can then extrapolate, and calculate the feasibility of Solar Power products in light of their expected life times and output.

The reason we require the Canadian / American costs etc.. is that inevitably, the products you investigate will use such numbers in their feasibility calculations. Using the above numbers, we can simply use a factor calculation.

Siemens is providing solar solutions in Pakistan.

http://www.siemens.com.pk/SolarPower.html

hey everyone, does anyone know of any companies providing home solutions concerning solar panels? and how much does a installation cost + what can you run on the system? it just lights & fans (low power stuff) or can you run fridges and ac’s as well.

thanks

[/quote]

I know company that provides information about solar panels, solar power generator and other alternative energy. Try to visit Solar Power Generator .

thanks

[/quote]

I know company that provides information about solar panels, solar power generator and other alternative energy. Try to visit Solar Power Generator .

hi ..... i also interesting this because of our country energy problem and i try to fined people who can give complete solution about solar energy system but i fined this that in Lahore some private person related this biz but cant fined exact address i hope if some one have also shear thanks

i m also interested

Interested are we, but thou shalt not do jack about it!

I got a quote of $1.7 per watt (of solar panels only!) from a chinese firm.

After taxes i guess that should go up to $2.2 at least.

With panels one needs a comparable wattage solar charge controller, deep cycle batteries (a lot of them!). These are the bare minimum to make the system work.

At present, for importing and marketing in Pakistan, its all way too expensive. If they knock off import duties and taxes (which will be everyone's wet dream till next budget),

then maybe we can think about implementing solar energy projects at a domestic level.

Otherwise i dont see much future of solar energy in Pakistan, unless we get electricity at Rs.50 per unit, if we get any at all.....

hi … i also interesting this because of our country energy problem and i try to fined people who can give complete solution about solar energy system but i fined this that in Lahore some private person related this biz but cant fined exact address i hope if some one have also shear thanks
[/quote]

r u intersting to purchase the system by your own house? or somewhere else like kind of a factory. yes i have a proper solution for you but first you describe your exact need .

Regards

Muhammad Umair Ali

do some googling look for "home and power magazine"

you can download this pdf magazine from hundreds of places

this mag will answer 99% of your questions.

or e-mail me privately for links