Solar Panel Price thread

Scared Sun AGM 100AH for 25000 :o :o it is easily ava. for 16.5K.

Also go a MPPT charger controller it will save you both in wiring cost ( why pay for a wire which cost 260/ft) and extra energy generated due MPPT function.

[quote=“blodlust, post:139, topic:19358”]

I talked to Raheel yesterday and asked him about the Goodwe hybrid 5KW inverter. The price he gave me was Rs.425,000 :( It's a good inverter, better than the Infini (on paper at least). But the thing is you can get 2 infini 3KW hybrid inverters for about Rs. 250,000 and get maximum of 6KW power output. You will have two independent arrays, 2 MPPT CCs and you have a fail safe incase one inverter gives up and you save Rs. 175,000!

For the price he is asking, the Goodwe is not a good deal.

[/quote]

WIth Rs.425,000 you can buy any of these and still save money

Some of these are Inverter + MPPT charger as separate components in the same package e.g

http://www.solar-electric.com/outback-flexpower-preassembled-inverter-system-fp1-vfx3048e.html

It contains

• VFX3048E Pure Sine Wave Inverter
  • MATE3 System Controller and Display
  • 175 Amp DC Inverter Breaker/Disconnect
  • FLEXnet DC Battery Monitor (difficult to find in Pakistan)
  • FLEXmax 80 Amp Charge Controller With Remote Temp. Sensor
  • HUB10 Communications Manager
  • FLEXware Surge Protector
  • and other boxes and blah blah

with 5 years in warranty. You can get this easily from if you know how to import it and from where.

[quote=“blodlust, post:139, topic:19358”]

I talked to Raheel yesterday and asked him about the Goodwe hybrid 5KW inverter. The price he gave me was Rs.425,000 :( It's a good inverter, better than the Infini (on paper at least). But the thing is you can get 2 infini 3KW hybrid inverters for about Rs. 250,000 and get maximum of 6KW power output. You will have two independent arrays, 2 MPPT CCs and you have a fail safe incase one inverter gives up and you save Rs. 175,000!

For the price he is asking, the Goodwe is not a good deal.

[/quote]

comparing a Cultus to a Honda civic just in price is not justified..

cz by that logic, most of the product links in the above posts are probably the worst products in the world..and there would be even much more worse deals out there too..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:144, topic:19358”]

cz by that logic, most of the product links in the above posts are probably the worst products in the world..and there would be even much more worse deals out there too..

[/quote]

when you offer Honda Civic in the price of BMW the price isn't justified...

^ Then you please import me a Goodwe unit in less than 300,000rs..

thankyou..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:144, topic:19358”]

[/quote]

Goodwe is a relatively new Chinese company. I am not saying their inverter is bad, They have some good reviews. But if someone is willing to spend that kind of money he is better off getting a Schneider, Outback or Fronius. 6KW Schieder Grid-tie/off grid inverters are going for $3000. Similar Outback 8KW models is selling for $4000.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:146, topic:19358”]

thankyou..

[/quote]

talk of a SCHNEIDER, MAGNUM or OutBack I can import that in less than Rs 300K :D :lol: why waste your money on Chinese inverters when you can get better inverter in the same or lower price :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Don't tell me "Good for you" ...

;)[/quote]

[quote=“blodlust, post:147, topic:19358”]

Goodwe is a relatively new Chinese company. I am not saying their inverter is bad, They have some good reviews. But if someone is willing to spend that kind of money he is better off getting a Schneider, Outback or Fronius. 6KW Schieder Grid-tie/off grid inverters are going for $3000. Similar Outback 8KW models is selling for $4000.

[/quote]

you can also pair two Outback (or other which support that) and get a larger system.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:148, topic:19358”]

talk of a SCHNEIDER, MAGNUM or OutBack I can import that in less than Rs 300K :D :lol: why waste your money on Chinese inverters when you can get better inverter in the same or lower price :P

[/quote]

Define better

PS: Good for you..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:150, topic:19358”]

Define better

PS: Good for you..

[/quote]

Consult the dictionary...

Better Safety features, Higher efficiency, less power loss... to name a few

[/quote]

I am inclined towards Inverex (or smiliar) 3KVA / 5KVA with parallel capability

1. Please, anyone share any BAD experience related to this Brand or similar (transformerless type Solar Hybrid Inverters with LCD and MPPT)

2. What is the MTBF (years / hours) today I saw video in which a Petrol Pump in Sindh is 100% operation on similar Inv. (shape and size and looks)

3. Any Idea about the local (Lahore) Market prices 1KVA, 3KVA and 5 KVA Chinese (inverex / Axpert or similar) ?

I :wub: Solar

:)

[quote=“yousaf465, post:142, topic:19358”]

Also go a MPPT charger controller it will save you both in wiring cost ( why pay for a wire which cost 260/ft) and extra energy generated due MPPT function.

[/quote]

The Infini inverter has built in MPPT why would I need a separate MPPT CC and how would it affect the wire gauge?

[quote=“blodlust, post:153, topic:19358”]

The Infini inverter has built in MPPT why would I need a separate MPPT CC and how would it affect the wire gauge?

[/quote]

I don't know much about infini. So can't say much about it.

MPPT controller operate as "DC-DC" converter/transformer(not the correct technical term though), converting High DC Voltage (usually upto 150V, although even 600V system exist ) to Battery Voltage (12V to 48V ). Thus allowing you to use smaller wire gauge.

There is no need to connect Panels in Parallel (for Higher current.)

"This is a good thing if you

have a remote array - you can run high voltage DC to the controller and avoid

expensive high amp wire, and incur lower losses."

[/quote]

solaergy.com IMHO, this is webstore of beonsolar.pk, not sure though, they are using their pictures...

LG Mono-crystalline Rs160

ReneSolar Mono-crystalline Rs85

ReneSolar Poly-crystalline Rs75

Sharp Mono-crystalline Rs110

Trina Solar Mono-crystalline Rs110

Trina Solar Poly-crystalline Rs88

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:146, topic:19358”]

thankyou..

[/quote]

A few days back I contacted another person who has imported Goodwe inverters before. He did not have any units available in stock, but he said he can get one for Rs. 260,000.

Also paid a visit to Nizam on Saturday, they had a Goodwe inverter, they said this is a recent import and they are currently testing it. When I inquired about the price, they quoted Rs. 250,000.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:155, topic:19358”]

solaergy.com IMHO, this is webstore of beonsolar.pk, not sure though, they are using their pictures...

LG Mono-crystalline Rs160

ReneSolar Mono-crystalline Rs85

ReneSolar Poly-crystalline Rs75

Sharp Mono-crystalline Rs110

Trina Solar Mono-crystalline Rs110

Trina Solar Poly-crystalline Rs88

[/quote]

Prices seem good

Infini 3KW inverter is on sale for 108,000

Schnieder 6KW hybrid inverter is for Rs. 385,000

If I had to choose between Trina, Renesola and Canadian Solar, what would you recommend?

[quote=“blodlust, post:157, topic:19358”]

Prices seem good

Infini 3KW inverter is on sale for 108,000

Schnieder 6KW hybrid inverter is for Rs. 385,000

If I had to choose between Trina, Renesola and Canadian Solar, what would you recommend?

[/quote]

Renesolar panels are class B panels. Although they are also used by many american you can ask in any international solar panel forums for more info see http://www.ebay.com/gds/Solar-Cell-Grading-A-B-C-D-/10000000017991249/g.html

can't say anything about Trina. As for Canadian Solar you can ask tufail_74 and farhan_ds both are using those.

Also when it comes to choosing mono-crystalline and poly-crystalline do it wisely, according to some mono-crystalline are more affected by shading e.g during cloud cover.

Trina and Yingli are among the top 5 Chinese Solar Manufacturers, Canadian Solar is no where in the top ten list. If not Trina then instead of Canadian Solar, I would rather go with Sharp which costs about Rs.110 per watt.

I have been planning for a 3KW solar setup and measuring power consumption of electrical appliances to see how much load to put on solar.

I have a Dawlance fridge that I want to put on solar, but I am concerned about the start-up load of the fridge. Upon compressor start-up it uses 7.1 amps for a second and the running amps are 1.24. Is there a way to reduce the start-up current? I was told it can be done by replacing the fridge's capacitor with one that has a higher microfarad rating. It will help reduce the momentary spike in current. Is it possible to do this just by replacing the capacitor?

I was also measuring the start-up current of my 1 ton Mitsubishi split. Surprisingly, it started at about 2.9 amps, and then in a few seconds it was at 5.5amps. From what I know most solar installers say you need an inverter based AC if you want to run it on solar, because non-inverter ACs have a high start-up current. But it seems like my non-inverter AC can run on solar. If my ACs start-up current is low, can I run it safely on solar power?

It ain't an AC if it can run on solar.

Aurangzeb