Solar Panel Price thread

This thread is a treasure for anyone researching solar products in Pakistan.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:277, topic:19358”]

Mr. Doomer. :lol:

I just had to confirm with official sources instead of relying on Shopkeeper who also happens to be a Doomer. ^_^

Just confirmed with a large Importer (can't rely on a small unreliable importer who will not even offer warranty on their products) the Retail prices are as follow

Canadian Solar

Monocrystalline Rs 100

Polycrystalline Rs 90

SolarLand http://www.solarland.com/Panel.html

Polycrystalline Rs 85

These prices are if you buy a small panel and don't bargain. For larger system these will be reduced. They also offer warranty.

Typical Pakistani shopkeeper style, product is short so we are rising the price 2 times. APC, batteries and blah blah everything is short for the doomers. (while it is still freely available in the open market. )

P.S I'm not in Import export business nor I sell any Energy related products.

Youre a real life saver!!! am gonna get mine who cares for 5 RS eh

[/quote]

32.5% tax on panels now

hello to everyone i m new in this blog ...

i hv few questions to u guys

is it ongrid operation is possible in pakistan because the hybrid inverters availble here r all working on offgrid mode except few cases

my question is that can anyone do somthing to stop reverse feeding

let suppose we have infini solar3 kw on grid tie opertion and return current if it excess from our load can block?

"is on-grid operation possible in Pakistan"

Yes

"is net-metering available in Pakistan"

for general consumer at the moment, No. have only heard of one or two cases.

"can anyone do something to stop reverse feeding"

nothing is impossible. But this might be quite expensive.

I have read this somewhere that the digital energy meters in Pakistan, will increase/move forward their reading even with the current flowing in opposite/reverse direction.

in a case where there is continuous load, one can match the load with panels + on-grid inverter, such that whatever is produced by the solar-system is consumed by the loads.

with the current situation of electricity in Pakistan, it will be better if that extra energy is stored in battery-bank and used in night-time.

"...and the seventy odd consignments that were held hostage at the port, suffering for weeks from bureaucratic inefficiencies, were finally free to walk the land as equals."

http://www.nation.com.pk/columns/08-Aug-2014/demystifying-the-tax-on-solar-panels

[quote=“enlightened, post:286, topic:19358”]

"…and the seventy odd consignments that were held hostage at the port, suffering for weeks from bureaucratic inefficiencies, were finally free to walk the land as equals."

http://www.nation.com.pk/columns/08-Aug-2014/demystifying-the-tax-on-solar-panels

[/quote]This mean there is no Tax on Solar panel or related equipment

The original article about marooned containers was published in Thenews not in Dawn as this blog claims http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-3-262321-Containers-of-solar-panels-marooned-at-Karachi-ports

[quote=“armughan, post:284, topic:19358”]

hello to everyone i m new in this blog ...

i hv few questions to u guys

is it ongrid operation is possible in pakistan because the hybrid inverters availble here r all working on offgrid mode except few cases

my question is that can anyone do somthing to stop reverse feeding

let suppose we have infini solar3 kw on grid tie opertion and return current if it excess from our load can block?

[/quote]

Yes, on-grid hybrid system with sell off are possible with Grid-tied/ hybrid inverter. see Outback's grid-zero and other similar technologies from other inverter manufacturer.

they all need batteries...

There are 2 types of digital meter being installed in Pakistan, One of those do have current direction indicator.

----

Grid tied inverter have anti-islanding protection too if somebody is concerned about how grid-tied inverter works during loadhsedding. http://www.wholesalesolar.com/anti-islanding.html

so what abt putting an earth leakage breaker which simply calculate current fluctuation n break da circuit even low as 25 ma if reverse fed happend then da current from source to load so it can easily cut off da grid ...

so what abt putting an earth leakage breaker which simply calculate current fluctuation n break da circuit even low as 25 ma if reverse fed happend then da current from source to load so it can easily cut off da grid ...

but anyways thanx for giving gud info

but i think the beaurocracy always creates loops to trap da importers tax r imposed on such products which r not made in pakistan it means da fully assembled solar panels ll come under tax but not individual cells which can be assembled to form a panel

thanx yousaf bhai ...bt battries r always expansive then grid tie n as u said with on grid we can consume fully potential of solar power n may be after some years our load shedding ll come to normal then battery operated inverters r again beacome cng cylinder so why we invested in offgrid inverters

[quote=“armughan, post:289, topic:19358”]

[/quote]

[quote="armughan, post:290, topic:19358"]

[/quote]

No need to get into such complexities. Just set the inverter to Sell-off.

[quote="armughan, post:291, topic:19358"]

but anyways thanx for giving gud info

[/quote]

[quote="armughan, post:292, topic:19358"]

but i think the beaurocracy always creates loops to trap da importers tax r imposed on such products which r not made in pakistan it means da fully assembled solar panels ll come under tax but not individual cells which can be assembled to form a panel

[/quote]

at this moment as reported by enlighthened there is no tax on any solar panels, local or imported.

[quote="enlightened, post:286, topic:19358"]

"...and the seventy odd consignments that were held hostage at the port, suffering for weeks from bureaucratic inefficiencies, were finally free to walk the land as equals."

[/quote]

[quote="armughan, post:293, topic:19358"]

thanx yousaf bhai ...bt battries r always expansive then grid tie n as u said with on grid we can consume fully potential of solar power n may be after some years our load shedding ll come to normal then battery operated inverters r again beacome cng cylinder so why we invested in offgrid inverters

[/quote]

can you please elaborate it further ?

Izahar energy http://izhar-energy.com/alternate.php

SunTech Rs 100/watt

ReneSolar Rs 100/watt

Assalam O Aliakum

i am from Lahore and I want to purchase Yingli Panda 60 Cell Series Solar panel for my Home, can any body guide me from where i can purchase these panels in cheap rate?

Thanks

Sikander Ali

[quote=", post:296, topic:19358"]

Assalam O Aliakum

i am from Lahore and I want to purchase Yingli Panda 60 Cell Series Solar panel for my Home, can any body guide me from where i can purchase these panels in cheap rate?

Thanks

Sikander Ali

[/quote]

Ws

you can check with different solar installers. Nizam had it last year. You can check with BeonSolar. Any particular reason for going with Yingli only ? why not any other brand. Yes Yingli had their ads in World cup matches.

IMO price will be around Rs70/watt for polycrystalline.

slam to everyone .....any one who is offering or know any one who is offering Yingli YGE 250 watt panels ......price please

Dear Yousaf,

I am planning to buy and install minimum 2 solar panels more than 200 watts and MPPT charge controller in my home. In future i will upgrade these panels with more panel.

Kindly guide me which Solar panel and MPPT charge controller is best and original and from where i can buy these things in cheap and economical rates. If do you know current prices of solar panel please also share with us.

Thanks.

Sikander Ali

[quote=", post:299, topic:19358"]

Dear Yousaf,

I am planning to buy and install minimum 2 solar panels more than 200 watts and MPPT charge controller in my home. In future i will upgrade these panels with more panel.

Kindly guide me which Solar panel and MPPT charge controller is best and original and from where i can buy these things in cheap and economical rates. If do you know current prices of solar panel please also share with us.

Thanks.

Sikander Ali

[/quote]

prices are listed on first post of this thread

2014's prices are listed after this sign || .

Canadian Solar, ReneSolar, Suntech and Yingli are good chinese brands. Some of these are the largest solar panels manufacturers. Sharp, LG and Mitsubishi are good Japanese brands. SolarWorld is a American/German manufacturer.

Most distributor have good stock of Canadian Solar. Yingli polycrstalline (rate was Rs 75/watt last time I checked) are available with http://www.beonsolar.pk/

You should get 10 year (for workmanship) and 25 years 80% efficiency warranty whichever brand of solar panels you buy.

For MPPT Charge controller you have 2 choices.

• Epsolar Tracer MPPT 4215RN or EpSolar tracer 4210 both are 40A MPPT charge controller.
  • Price ~22-25K

Or