Solar Panel Price thread

[quote=“yousaf465, post:259, topic:19358”]

These Exides Look gorgeous :wub: I seriously hope , AGS or Exide Pakistan comes up with this transparent body.

[/quote]

they did make transparent cover batteries in the UPS series range, but they were so poor in quality Exide had to shut their production down and recall all stock.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:261, topic:19358”]

they did make transparent cover batteries in the UPS series range, but they were so poor in quality Exide had to shut their production down and recall all stock.

[/quote]

I mean, all they have to do is change the current white translucent case, with a Transparent Styrene-Acrylonitrile (SAN) Plastic case,

I started the battery discussion so that I could shortlist a "best bang for your buck" battery. One that has the lowest (KWh) cost over its lifetime. If the the (KWh) turns out to be lower than that the per unit cost of Wapda, then only would it make sense to go off-grid at night, otherwise investing in a big battery bank is just a waste of money.

Obviously the Trojan looks good on paper than the Sacred Sun or Narada, but that does not necessarily mean that it is better, because we haven't factored in the cost of the battery. From a cost vs lifetime perspective, who knows, may be the best option turns out to be used telecom batteries. But used batteries are a gamble, you never know how long they will last without first testing them.

Another interesting thing I came across is this page from http://www.allaboutbatteries.com/Battery-Energy.html

They have calculated the watt-hour cost of different types of batteries. Lead acid comes out on top with 0.17US$. How do we convert this to KWh cost?

@bloodlust

you can never get the lowest KWH unity and best bang for buck.. cheapest batteries dont last long/dont perform well.. expensive battery last long, / too costly.. the best combo end up between mid range good quality batteries like sacred sun and narada etc.. unlike the Rocket and other korean/german batteries being sold which are definitly not good in long term , the sacred sun produces a 12+ series of batteries for different use/scenraios. buying the simplest SP series battery and run power motors and high torque on them and discharge them to 50+% DoD and then expect a longer life is simply not feasible.. however buy the oother series which have been designed for torque loads and they will run fine..

just cz people buy the SP series , they wont get their long life and KWH units cost under that scenarios... choose a proper battery series for a proper setup.. even battery internal manufacturing design changes withing a series which has a huge impact on battery life and performance.

[quote=“blodlust, post:263, topic:19358”]

I started the battery discussion so that I could shortlist a "best bang for your buck" battery. One that has the lowest (KWh) cost over its lifetime. If the the (KWh) turns out to be lower than that the per unit cost of Wapda, then only would it make sense to go off-grid at night, otherwise investing in a big battery bank is just a waste of money.

Obviously the Trojan looks good on paper than the Sacred Sun or Narada, but that does not necessarily mean that it is better, because we haven't factored in the cost of the battery. From a cost vs lifetime perspective, who knows, may be the best option turns out to be used telecom batteries. But used batteries are a gamble, you never know how long they will last without first testing them.

Another interesting thing I came across is this page from http://www.allaboutbatteries.com/Battery-Energy.html

They have calculated the watt-hour cost of different types of batteries. Lead acid comes out on top with 0.17US$. How do we convert this to KWh cost?

[/quote]

what was the per unit cost of wapada in your last bill ?

most of those long 6000 or more cycles @ 30% Trojans are Flooded lead acid batteries which can sustain some abuse which AGM can't.

A set of 2 V 200Ah x 6 used batteries cost 36000 same as a single 12V 200Ah Scared Sun.

they had a debate on pros and cons of Lithium ions batteries in this thread http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?23733-Lithium-iron-phosphate-battery-(LiFePO-4)-battery-for-Solar-applications

Lithium ions batteries is a rapidly developing technology and prices vary a lot. a 2 year old price is sometime toooo old.

Assalamu alaikum to all.

After long time finally i find this blog to share my project and ask for help from experienced people.

in this august InshAllah i'm going to install my 3kw set-up.

my main components are:

1, Sun Tech Solar Panels 250w (Mono),
Unit Price, Rs.21250 * 12 = Rs.255000
Warranty, 25 Years,
2, Infini 3 Kw Hybrid Inverter MPPT,
Price 115000
Warranty, 1 year
3,100 Ah 12 V battery cost Rs 15500 * 8 = Rs. 124000
here are my installation data.
PV array VOC 456v 8A
2 Battery banks of 48v 100ah in parallel.
My load is Max 1400watt in the night and 2400watt during the sun light
I need some answers from you experts,
1, the correct angle of inclination for Gujrat, Bhimber?
2, is anyone here who is using infini hybrid inverter?
3, What do you think of Nizam energy? are they reliable?
4, Can i put the normal ac circuit breaker also for DC current?
I thanks you all in advance, and sorry for my Google translaters Angrezi :P

[quote=", post:266, topic:19358"]

Assalamu alaikum to all.

After long time finally i find this blog to share my project and ask for help from experienced people.

in this august InshAllah i'm going to install my 3kw set-up.

my main components are:

1, Sun Tech Solar Panels 250w (Mono),
Unit Price, Rs.21250 * 12 = Rs.255000
Warranty, 25 Years,
2, Infini 3 Kw Hybrid Inverter MPPT,
Price 115000
Warranty, 1 year
3,100 Ah 12 V battery cost Rs 15500 * 8 = Rs. 124000
here are my installation data.
PV array VOC 456v 8A
2 Battery banks of 48v 100ah in parallel.
My load is Max 1400watt in the night and 2400watt during the sun light
I need some answers from you experts,
1, the correct angle of inclination for Gujrat, Bhimber?
2, is anyone here who is using infini hybrid inverter?
3, What do you think of Nizam energy? are they reliable?
4, Can i put the normal ac circuit breaker also for DC current?
I thanks you all in advance, and sorry for my Google translaters Angrezi :P

[/quote]

answered here

See what have done by morons in govt.

[quote=", post:268, topic:19358"]

[/quote]

This means we are back to last year's price.... :angry:

Where is the damn media ? or they are still busy in publishing/airing Content produced by the ISPR. :rolleyes:

More then half the country observes Blackout (aka loadshedding) at any given time, we don't have enough free fuel (like our Arab bros have) ^_^

Governments world over provide subsidiary and tax incentives to renewable energies technologies including Solar, Wind and hydro. <_<

and these Gangay morons impose duty on Solar panels. :o

Lanat on ganjas :angry:

خدا نے پھر نوازا ہے شریفوں کو حکومت سے
کہ لوہے سے مسلمانوں نے پھر لیڈر نکالے ھیں
بچانا قوم کو ان اتفاقوں نے ھے فاقوں سے
جنہوں نے بال بھی سر پر بڑی مشکل سنبھالے ھیں

[Edit]

Just for some fun, no insult intended.

increased font size. Poetry by Shaheen Abbass

Corrupt population produce corrupt leadership, sheeps give birth to sheeps not lions

Yousaf when I had planned to go PINDI with a friend in his SUV for panels these morons have imposed the TAX.Bloody chipmunks ,I always wished to punch these morons ,I wish I had a bomb and I had bombed these two brothers.

[quote=“koder, post:274, topic:19358”]

Yousaf when I had planned to go PINDI with a friend in his SUV for panels these morons have imposed the TAX.Bloody chipmunks ,I always wished to punch these morons ,I wish I had a bomb and I had bombed these two brothers.

[/quote]

Told you... ^_^

[quote=", post:268, topic:19358"]

[/quote]

Haah, Suckerzz :D

Had been telling about this tax imposing to everyone since march but yousaf just is too egoistic and uninformed to listen to anyone else except himself...just cz HE CAN IMPORT IT ALL..:P

Since Cosmiq is direct importer and market people are their dealers, who take and then sell forward, the price impact is first and foremost seen on importer, and thats why prices at importer changes first..

in future, price of market will rise sky high because no more supply coming , also they will jack up more profits over the importer profit..... even the last shipment of panels of Cosmiq international was sent back in june cz of duties..i couldnt get my 4 panels either :( so no more panels coming in market, and very very few batteries..

furthermore APC stock will soon come to an end as very little supply coming the next few months.

Mr. Doomer. :lol:

I just had to confirm with official sources instead of relying on Shopkeeper who also happens to be a Doomer. ^_^

Just confirmed with a large Importer (can't rely on a small unreliable importer who will not even offer warranty on their products) the Retail prices are as follow

Canadian Solar

Monocrystalline Rs 100

Polycrystalline Rs 90

SolarLand http://www.solarland.com/Panel.html

Polycrystalline Rs 85

These prices are if you buy a small panel and don't bargain. For larger system these will be reduced. They also offer warranty.

Typical Pakistani shopkeeper style, product is short so we are rising the price 2 times. APC, batteries and blah blah everything is short for the doomers. (while it is still freely available in the open market. )

P.S I'm not in Import export business nor I sell any Energy related products.

I think govt. will take back these duties. Because they are not able to produce themselves.

[quote=", post:278, topic:19358"]

I think govt. will take back these duties. Because they are not able to produce themselves.

[/quote]

Pray in Ramadan.

[quote=“blodlust, post:263, topic:19358”]

[/quote]

Compare battery prices as RS/cycle @same DOD.