Solar Panel Price thread

I got a quote from them

Schneider Hybrid XW-6048 6KW is for Rs. 340,000 (not a bad price considering it is available online for about $3,200)

Schneider Hybrid XW-4548 4.5KW is for Rs. 318,750 (too high considering it is available for for about $2,400)

Schneider MPPT controller XW-MPPT-60-150 Rs. 72,000 (available for $425 online)

Schneider system control panel Rs. 38,250 (it is available for $220 online)

Schneider Connext Combox (for remote monitoring) Rs. 136,000 (an atrocious price considering it is selling for $350 online)

I showed them the international prices and asked them to revise the quote, let's see what they have to say about that. They haven't replied about warranty details.

The inverter prices are much better than what I got from Solaergy (Be-on) which quoted me a price of Rs. 385,000 for the 6KW and Rs. 340,000 for the 4.5KW.

Contact detail of the distributor

JKS Pvt. Ltd.

Head Office : Suite No. 7, 3rd Floor, Al-Latif Center, Main Boulevard, Gulberg III, 54000 Lahore
Fax : 042-35781110, info@jks-int.com , ali@jks-int.com

For charge controller I could recommend using Midnite solar Classic or Classic lite instead of Schneider. http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/comparisonChart.pdf Prices mentioned in chart are atleast 4 years old, nowadays everyone of these costs atleast $300-400 less than what is written.

Video of this http://www.jks-int.com/?page_id=194 can be found on the youtube also.

The specs look much better than the 60amp MPPTs being offered by others. It should be able to support more panels, but this is the first time I am hearing about this brand and I haven't really seen it in the market. Any idea where I can find it?

[quote=“blodlust, post:183, topic:19358”]

The specs look much better than the 60amp MPPTs being offered by others. It should be able to support more panels, but this is the first time I am hearing about this brand and I haven't really seen it in the market. Any idea where I can find it?

[/quote]

It is American Brand (made and assembled in USA) you can check the review for Midnite classic lite http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=midnite-classic-review (there is also a link to their history on that link)

they have a youtube channel

One can be found OLX http://lahore.olx.com.pk/solar-charger-midnite-classic-150-iid-583217951 (seems to be BeonSolar)

and http://islamabad.olx.com.pk/midnight-solar-charge-controller-made-in-usa-iid-631132674

Their Online price are usually ~$600 (Classic) and ~$500 (classic lite) http://www.solar-electric.com/misocl.html and http://www.solar-electric.com/misoclli.html

It is also available with Tesla solar

how much estimate money would be required to run one house on solar energy, and would it work in winters when sun don't appear for several days?

[quote=“armada, post:186, topic:19358”]

how much estimate money would be required to run one house on solar energy, and would it work in winters when sun don't appear for several days?

[/quote]

loads and location ?

TV fridge 5 tub light hair curling dsl modem, 3 phone charger, 1ton ac, laptop computer, water motor, DVD player, one mercury bulb in Street

location Pakistani

[quote=“armada, post:188, topic:19358”]

TV fridge 5 tub light hair curling dsl modem, 3 phone charger, 1ton ac, laptop computer, water motor, DVD player, one mercury bulb in Street

location Pakistani

[/quote]

TV type, wattage and hours of use ?

5 tub lights, wattage and hours of use ? Why do you need Tub lights while taking a bath ?

Hair curling machine, it is definitely south of 1500W ?

DSL modem just a few watts but 24 hours on.

1 Ton ac, can't we survive 1 hour of loadshedding without an A/C

Phone charger is no big issue

Laptop is no problem about 60W but for how many hours ?

Water motor why you want to run and old donkey pump on solar ?

DVD player watts and no of hours of **** ?

Mercury bulb, replace it with Led Lamp, will save you a lot ?

Which city in Pakistan ? Even Lahore and Kasur don't have same number of sun hours...

http://ittefaqsolar.com/german-solar-panels-pakistan/index.html

Solar world http://www.solarworld.sg/ rs 135/watt for Polycrystalline.

so it's all bull crap that people says solar laga dala to life chingalala it can't replace your wapda connection, what you will do in winters when sun don't appear for several days or has no heat light, you throw kunda on wapda high tension lines?... this solar is good energy sources but only at large scale projects, run and finance by state, for individuals it's not the solution...

[quote=“armada, post:191, topic:19358”]

so it's all bull crap that people says solar laga dala to life chingalala it can't replace your wapda connection, what you will do in winters when sun don't appear for several days or has no heat light, you throw kunda on wapda high tension lines?...

[/quote]

Ask somebody who is running all their loads on Solar including A/C. More Brown sugar mean more sweetness!!

As for Winter, Solar cells voltage increases with decreasing temperature, so if you have MPPT charge controller you will get more watts means more energy.

Who uses A/C and fans in Winter ? More than 60% of your loads is already switched off in Winter.

As for Clouds, my Panels were giving 78% of their output even under the cloudy weather we had yesterday...

Heat light ?? :rolleyes: :blink:

Again your location ? can't calculate without it...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
this solar is good energy sources but only at large scale projects, run and finance by state, for individuals it's not the solution...

[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss . B)

People are living off-grid with all their loads and you think it is for Large scale projects to be financed by state :lol:

It is the source for Individuals who know how to save on the electricity bill and enjoy Uninterrupted supply of electricity not those who use wapada ka kunda and still can't enjoy Uninterrupted supply of electricity :lol:

It just happened 45 mins in to loadshedding instead of my batteries being drained, were sitting at 100%, just like many other solar installations in Pakistan.

[quote=“armada, post:191, topic:19358”]

so it's all bull crap that people says solar laga dala to life chingalala it can't replace your wapda connection, what you will do in winters when sun don't appear for several days or has no heat light, you throw kunda on wapda high tension lines?... this solar is good energy sources but only at large scale projects, run and finance by state, for individuals it's not the solution...

[/quote]

If someone sold you the idea that "Solar is free energy" then you are obviously mistaken. It is not. It has a payback period of 5-7 years or more depending upon size of installation and usage. Wapda is maintenance free, a power cable comes into your home and you don't need to worry about who is producing the power and maintaining equipment. Solar maintenance (if required) is paid by you. Solar is expensive initially but it gets much cheaper later. Right now it is a luxury and only suitable for people who want to avoid the menace of load-shedding. You can also save money with solar, but only in the long-term.

We have to use washing machine and dryer machine too and sometimes gas stop coming so in this case we have to use electric stove as well ... Our location is منڈی بہاؤالدین

[quote=“yousaf465, post:189, topic:19358”]

5 tub lights, wattage and hours of use ? Why do you need Tub lights while taking a bath ?

[/quote]

HAAAH.. :D EPic...:P

[quote=“armada, post:195, topic:19358”]

We have to use washing machine and dryer machine too and sometimes gas stop coming so in this case we have to use electric stove as well ... Our location is منڈی بہاؤالدین

[/quote]

Wattage and hours of use ? Washing machine and dryer machine are usually used when sun is at it's peak. So not a big issue.

Electric Stove in Pakistan ? :o

Washing machine i guess consume around 600watts dryer is inbuilt so think its uses the same Watts....

Electric stove will be used rarely...(forget it)

I forgot one thing which is my razor machine for shaving i put it on charge all the time , now don't suggest me to use veet hair removal cream

[quote=“armada, post:198, topic:19358”]

Washing machine i guess consume around 600watts dryer is inbuilt so think its uses the same Watts....

Electric stove will be used rarely...(forget it)

I forgot one thing which is my razor machine for shaving i put it on charge all the time , now don't suggest me to use veet hair removal cream

[/quote]

AFAIK LPG was easily available in Mandi

600Watts is a no issue with Solar panels.

Razor machine is not going to be more than a few watts IMHO.

My brother has habit of running tools like drill machine grinder etc and do crazy random things like Mythbusters so add those too i believe they use quite alot Watts isn't it?