Solar Energy Units

I need solar energy unit for home use, please advise in Pakistan where i can purchase and what it will cast ?

it will cost about 450 Rs per watt !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

Please Explain in detailed how …

Google4u

Please Explain in detailed how …

Google4u

[/quote]

Use the Search feature of this forums. It had been discussed in detailed.

[/quote]

That’s too high. It is cheaper now.

I found this site, it seems old though

http://www.paksolarpower.net/prices.html

how much does it cost now?

the site u r referring includes all the gadgets including the inverter too . any how the current price is Rs 450 / watt.

for explanation u asked for :

if u need to light a 100 watt bulb directly from solar panel (without battery / inverter) thn u need to have a solar panel of 100 watts on 220 volts (any arrangement can b made of volts and Amps to get the desired watts on desired volts)

so 100 watts X 450 Rs = 45000/= for a panel only.

iif u r interested u may contact , their address is :

Dear sir,

yes we can configure the panels to achieve the desired voltage and amperes.

Price of panels is Rs. 480/watt. Let us know your end application, the load you wish to run with it.

If you have questions, please contact us.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Khurram Jahangir.

Solarplus Energy (Pvt) Ltd,

6 A, Block L, Gulberg II, Lahore.

Phone: 042-5751274-5

Cell: 0302-8496373

www.gosolar.pk

^ The guy seems to be fleecing customers. Last I recall, the cost of solar panels is in the region of Rs.350-400/Watt depending on efficiency and wattage.

Dear Rumait, the solar cells give dc output of around 14 to 18 volts and at different currents, depends on the size of the plate. If you want to use any of the 220v AC appliance to operate then you need an inverter also and the complete unit will contain, solar cell plate, Battery, Voltage regulator and inverter which all will cost you a lot. Think of 1000 watt power then you need a solar panel around 50 ampere current (or more than one panel to fulfil the current requirement). Then a big battery and all other as per requirement.

So, it is advised to go for some generator or for the good UPS which can deliver your load for 2 to 3 hours at least.

For your information all local made UPS are not efficient and the battery charging voltage is 10-11 volts which should be 13-14 volts actually.

You must check the battery charging voltage before buying any UPS.

Mubarak Ahmed