So! Petrol is almost 100 now

it is just matter of days now that its gonna cross 100, latest price increase was almost 11 rupees which is the highest increase in history. On the other side our stock market is at its worst condition, Dollar price is constantly increasing as compare to Pakistani Rupee.

at this rate we are doomed in next 10 years......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

it is just matter of days now that its gonna cross 100, latest price increase was almost 11 rupees which is the highest increase in history. On the other side our stock market is at its worst condition, Dollar price is constantly increasing as compare to Pakistani Rupee.

at this rate we are doomed in next 10 years…

[/quote]

next ten years?

i m guessing more like the next year or so

woohoo!

10 YEARS!? We'll be blessed by the almighty Allah if we can survive even 2 more years, let alone 10 years :D

10 YEARS!? We’ll be blessed by the almighty Allah if we can survive even 2 more years, left alone 10 years :D
[/quote]

I say outsource the management of this country!

Oh they are outsourcing it alright. They are outsourcing it to Talibans :D

at this rate we are doomed in next 10 years…

[/quote]

Next increase will be in HSD, Kerosene and Light Diesel Oil since these are being subsidized by the Govt and per the committment given to the World Bank the subsidy will have to go.

Petrol and HOBC have reached their international price with Rs. 1.51 per liter of tax on HOBC in addition to the sales tax. In this pricing the Govt. has taken the bold decision of capping/freezing the margins of petrol pumps wallah’s and the oil marketing companies. Meaning the benfit of the increase did not pass to the OMC’s and petrol pumps in the shape of higher margins.

It was gonna happen sooner or later...I think electricity charges are to be increased next...

I think its a good time to buy a bicycle before they become too expensive :)

Oh they are outsourcing it alright. They are outsourcing it to Talibans :D
[/quote]

True and they’ll send us to the stone age where no one will worry about the cost of Diesel, Petrol or Electricity then, because you won’t have those anymore. lol.

Whoa man. The last price of Petrol I remember (when I last used my bike back home in nov/oct 07) was 53.77! When did it get near 100?. And I read somewhere (most probably geo wesbite) that UAE has given discount or cleared up our oil payments, where did that go?.

Though I have to admit, I haven't really "felt" the soaring prices as such, as I have been living in hostel for a year and half, but last 5 months have emptied all my savings, even the one's I saved for clothes (which I rarely buy). Some things I can recall at the moment: Urban transport gone from 6 to 10 (Up 60%), "roti" from 3 to 5, 500ml Milk from ~24?(I don't remember correctly) to 27 and "daal" from 17 to 25. Oh and the rupee vs dollar historical value from 60.3 to 72 ? And what is up with all those protests in or outside Stock exchanges?

May God help save our country.

Whoa man. The last price of Petrol I remember (when I last used my bike back home in nov/oct 07) was 53.77! When did it get near 100?. And I read somewhere (most probably geo wesbite) that UAE has given discount or cleared up our oil payments, where did that go?.
[/quote]

Both UAE and Saudis gave oil free as well as on deferred payment, but the benefits won’t be passed to public,instead it would be used to fund cabinet’s trips to dubai resorts

@@!!$$$$

petrol is not yet on 100 mark

although,

EAC (Economic Advisory Committee) has recently given a proposal to Mr. Gillani to fix the prices of motor spirit on Rs. 100 per liter. motorcyclist will be provided some fleet card sort of thing to save them from the inflated fuel prices. they may get the privilege to burn fuel that may cost them Rs. 86 per liter :|.

that's a saving of Rs. 14 per liter.

Perhaps now people will think twice about making those unneccessary trips to the market every day. Instead make one or two trips a week, buy what you need and store it. The big winners out of this are places like Makro and refrigeration companies. People need to adapt to the changing market realities of Pakistan as opposed to moving forward willy-nilly and just complaining.

People better get it through their heads that fuel prices are not coming down, motor-based transportation, just like electricity is not a right, it's a privilege. Pay for the privilege, consume what you can afford and not a paisa more. Better bunker down, as the next few years are going to be rough as hell.

anyone know how much a liter of petrol is for in the international market? I mean without any subsidies or taxes how much would a litre of petrol cost?

simple bullshit

maybe it will fix our traffic jams, less morons on the roads!

$$$$

dear countrymen

we can come out of these problems

just give me a chance

we get least amount of friction in metal to metal contact.

railways department should be improved for rapid transportation of goods etc.

mass transit system in the four largest cities, karachi, lahore, faisalabad and hyderabad should be implemented as soon as possible.

at least one large hydroelectric project with enough water storage to irrigate dying fields of southern punjab and upper sindh should be started immediately on war footage.

IPP's should be encouraged to build small hydroelectric projects. i have seen people harnessing the power of water to run small flour mills in abbotabad and mansehra regions.

we should immediately start building small water reservoirs.

huge resources of thar coal should be utilized by employing latest technologies of coal gasification.

we should not further delay Iran Pakistan India pipeline, Qatar LNG and pipeline, Turkmenistan Afghanistan Pakistan gas pipelines.

a lot needs to be done in the field of bio-fuel.

Pakistan is not going anywhere. we can do it rather, have to do it.

Perhaps now people will think twice about making those unneccessary trips to the market every day. Instead make one or two trips a week, buy what you need and store it. The big winners out of this are places like Makro and refrigeration companies. People need to adapt to the changing market realities of Pakistan as opposed to moving forward willy-nilly and just complaining.

People better get it through their heads that fuel prices are not coming down, motor-based transportation, just like electricity is not a right, it’s a privilege. Pay for the privilege, consume what you can afford and not a paisa more. Better bunker down, as the next few years are going to be rough as hell.

[/quote]

I HATE IT when I see someone calling Electricity, Gas, Phones as a luxury and not a necessity. What? Which century do you belong? How old are you? 300?

I am sure xaheer that the SNGPL will provide all the money for your projects?

$$$$

dear countrymen

we can come out of these problems

just give me a chance

we get least amount of friction in metal to metal contact.

railways department should be improved for rapid transportation of goods etc.

mass transit system in the four largest cities, karachi, lahore, faisalabad and hyderabad should be implemented as soon as possible.

at least one large hydroelectric project with enough water storage to irrigate dying fields of southern punjab and upper sindh should be started immediately on war footage.

IPP’s should be encouraged to build small hydroelectric projects. i have seen people harnessing the power of water to run small flour mills in abbotabad and mansehra regions.

we should immediately start building small water reservoirs.

huge resources of thar coal should be utilized by employing latest technologies of coal gasification.

we should not further delay Iran Pakistan India pipeline, Qatar LNG and pipeline, Turkmenistan Afghanistan Pakistan gas pipelines.

a lot needs to be done in the field of bio-fuel.

Pakistan is not going anywhere. we can do it rather, have to do it.

[/quote]

I will vote for you - come next election