So no one wants to talk about Nokia's 41MP camra phone

So no one wants to talk about Nokia's 41MP camra phone??

Really??

No one??

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_808_pureview-4577.php

yeah no one wants bullsh!t OS with 41MP camera

41 MP on Symbian is a bullshi!t........ :D What do you think about galaxy beam? or Xperia S? Symbian age is over now

41 MP and that to with symbian, someone got to port andriod on this.

@deffury

Good see you posted about PureView... I appreciate that..

Anyway, don't worry.. I'll wish to talk about it.... in fact I already would had started a thread but I didn't want to.....

Because the thing is that there is really no need to talk among fans who just can't see anything they hate while ignoring any other benefits.

@all others

You should study the technology (at least once, please). It's not about smartphone, or OS or even not about that big 41MP.... It's about the technology that Nokia have introduced to use that big sensor in smartphones (where Optical Zoom elements can not reside) to allow 100% quality at up to 3x zoom level.

I'll not go into details, you can search and read yourself if you are interested.

Again I'll add that it was not about the OS. It was about the technology that can be adopted (not only in phones) but even in compact cameras as many of them have already been behind Nokia 808. See figures and read the photography experts. Do you know about dpreview.com?

Of course you won't have any interest in what I have talked if you don't have any interest in photography...

Screw android @ss-lickers. This thing is a diamond. And Symbian Belle is an excellent mobile OS too. I might just buy it when it comes out if it isn't too expensive.

And those that haven't, do read this review of the camera by GSMarena (This is simply the best & most advanced mobile camera on earth).

P.S. Haters gonna hate. B)

I guess Carl Zeiss should be praised for their product. And Nokia should be slapped for introducing such a good tech in a eunuch and vintage OS. But i would like to send FU sentiments to Carl Zeiss for letting Nokia rape the prospects of new tech. How about introducing it with a Windows Phone OS instead?

No wonder Apple sales are highest all the time.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:6, topic:16594”]

Screw android @ss-lickers. This thing is a diamond. And Symbian Belle is an excellent mobile OS too. I might just buy it when it comes out if it isn’t too expensive.

And those that haven’t, do read this review of the camera by GSMarena (This is simply the best & most advanced mobile camera on earth).

P.S. Haters gonna hate. B)

[/quote]

3310 generation never changed :lol:

[quote=“hawker, post:7, topic:16594”]

I guess Carl Zeiss should be praised for their product. And Nokia should be slapped for introducing such a good tech in a eunuch and vintage OS. But i would like to send FU sentiments to Carl Zeiss for letting Nokia rape the prospects of new tech. How about introducing it with a Windows Phone OS instead?

No wonder Apple sales are highest all the time.

[/quote]

I watched the interview of Nokia’s CEO and he hinted that this technology might come to Windows Phones too. They are waiting for dual cores i think.

[quote=“armada, post:8, topic:16594”]

3310 generation never changed :lol:

[/quote]

You know what? I’d actually use a 3310 over a android phone. Cause atleast that’s stable & original…

/Owned

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:9, topic:16594”]

I watched the interview of Nokia’s CEO and he hinted that this technology might come to Windows Phones too. They are waiting for dual cores i think.

[/quote]

btw android is not stable? strange :s

Huh! still talking about Symbian?.... Well anyway....

If you didn't really know then believe it or not... Symbian is the only mature OS till date that can process "high-end tasks" with "high-performance"... and on top of anything with low processing resources.

Nokia 808 (with 1.3GHz Single Core of course with a GPU) did up to 38MPix image processing while the most powerful mobile chipsets of todays can't do with more than 20Mpix.

For video, over 1 billion pixels per second, and 16x oversampling. That is 16 times greater than many other smartphones.

(did you study the technical document of 10 pages on this specific sensor? if not then do it. Above videos are just to make consumers understand in a consumer's way)

Android turning over with Quad Cores - (for what?) I didn't see any useful application where Android have done something shaking like this with its Dual Cores.

(Don't tell me about 3D accelerated games, you always will end up saying that the "games are best on PCs")

Microsoft on the other hand has its own requirements to run Windows Phones OS on this and that specific hardware while Nokia has stated that the algorithms to make this technology happen today in 5 years, can't make it to Windows Phone overnight. That surely will take time.

But before implementing the algorithms on any OS, first the OS needs to be capable of running such a thing... I am not saying if they can't do it but I am not sure as well if they can do it because I didn't see anything they did with these Dual Cores and don't know what they will do with Quad Cores in just phones. They also need to bring some thing new to use this hardware in a good way.

These Modern OSes are mostly concentrating on the User Interfaces and Graphics gimmicks, to attract user base... you know it... you adopted them for the modern and awesomeness of User Interfaces. (customization on Android is just another reason)

@hawker

on the note of Carl Zeiss.... I am sure if you ask the makers of the optics, they would be proud of their product being used in such a way of making new technologies for better imaging in smaller devices.

BTW for you specially, one more consumer understandable description by Damian Dinning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rIu7ug59Q

"They have developed the sensor. They have co-developed the sensor"

^ Yeah. Symbian has been around for over a decade now, it has grown up & improved over time. Android is still a kid, it'll take time before it matures up.

And that's why the old giant is left with a very few market share, and android is holding 52%+ shares, I'm not want to debate because I was a symbian fan until I used window phone, I don't care what hardware they are using, I just know that dual core with windows phone HTC HD2 was available out there in 42,000 while single core and bla bla symbian phone was there in 47,000 Nokia N97 with stupid nokia maps, I don't what they are doing now but then at least maps were really stupid even in N8.

And about technology used by Nokia 808 and sensor etc, no doubt they have done better, Nokia wasn't there without any reason- surely there were few reason that they remained market giant but now to be again they really need few bold steps, and that is one of them but guess what, I don't think price will be anything less 50,000

And in this price, poor gps with poor customization, at least I can't afford it :)

@KA Dpreview doesn't see this in positive light http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/27/Nokia-808-PureView-with-41MP-sensor

I shall prefer buying digital camera over cell phone.

[quote=“blogger, post:17, topic:16594”]

I shall prefer buying digital camera over cell phone.

[/quote]

Polarid already offers a camera with Android :lol: .

Polarid sc1630

[quote=“yousaf465, post:16, topic:16594”]

@KA Dpreview doesn’t see this in positive light http://www.dpreview…ith-41MP-sensor

[/quote]

your single line comment made me answer in a bit detail again… : )

You exactly reached the correct blog post at dpreview because this is the only blog they ever posted about Nokia : ) but you missed the point that they do not usually cover mobile camera phones. they always preferred camera brands instead of the mobile phone manufacturers. Well of course they will (and should) prefer camera manufacturers because they are not the ordinary tech or gadget blog. they are specific to cameras. (though they have posted a few times about iPhone and its camera apps very interestingly where they made me worry if they were biased) But at last it’s my favourite website about cameras.

Anyway, I believe you concentrated on one paragraph where they talked about depth-of-field and focal length. (tell u that… there they were comparing it with DSLRs)

Only a bit form dpreview’s last lines

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
And that’s something that might be interesting to see in future compact cameras - models that will concentrate on output of a sensible size so that the user can easily get the benefit of them oversampling the scene.
[/quote]

You still need to get what dpreview appreciated about… (what I mentioned above about the technology used with that much pixels to provide noiseless quality and lossless zooming and avoid extra physical space usually cameras require and phones are not appreciated if they are bulky.)

You should also read the comments of their(dpreview’s) readers as well. they are mostly from the field. (Not the newer ones as it’s now been popular in smartphone readers as well… so try to read the older comments)

PS: you can also compare “Polaroid” according to its volume with other phones. (Optical elements in camera does need bigger spaces)

No matter how much Nokia sucks (it seriously does - infinitely), they are working towards something that will influence development in this area. If anything can be done to improve the camera tech on phones - the better. Since a lot of people rely on phones to takes casual pictures, they don't really need to compare directly to high-end point-and-shoot camera but they at least need to do better than the current crap they have in most high-end smartphones.

Although camera is a tiny little feature of smartphones (yes their purpose isn't to be a camera phone no matter how much the desis want to believe), it's good to see development in this area too.