SNR margin dropping and frequent disconnection

Guys I need your help. I am facing frequent disconnection on my 4 mb PTCL DSL. Line stats seem fine but the problem is SNR fluctuates very often. It drops to negative and then internet goes off. I got the lineman to change the line and also changed my modem but issue still present.

Downstream

Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis):

On

On

SNR Margin (0.1 dB):

Attenuation (0.1 dB):

Output Power (0.1 dBm):

Attainable Rate (Kbps):

Path 0

Path 1

Downstream

Upstream

Downstream

Upstream

Rate (Kbps):

</div>

here is a graph of SNR margine taken from routerstats lite

Any help in resolving this issue? Thanks

Have you tried a different filter?

This does not look like a line quality issue. I have a feeling that your adsl link drops for a second or two and then comes back. Perhaps a problem at the exchange may be? It is possible that there is a fault in the line some where or short circuits due to water logging may be? There has been a lot of rain lately.

In either case there is not much you can do from your end apart from complaining to PTCL.

Just out of interest : Has this problem started after you got rains in your area?

If by filter you mean splitter then yes i have tried a different one and the problem persists. I am from Karachi and it hasn't rained here since a while. I complain daily but they close the complain on their own without doing anything. I guess its time to switch to another ISP :\

Off-topic: What modem/router do you have, and how did you get RouterStats to work? I can't seem to make it work on my tp-link 8811. Do I need a special configuration?

[quote=“Specter, post:4, topic:21339”]

Off-topic: What modem/router do you have, and how did you get RouterStats to work? I can't seem to make it work on my tp-link 8811. Do I need a special configuration?

[/quote]

I have fiberhome an1020-25U provided by ptcl. You just need to find the URL of your router stats page and then tell the software what values on the stats page represent what. Just go through the instructions in help section.

Yes I meant splitter.

I cant think of anything else. I guess writing a complaint at your local exchange and keeping a copy with yourself with a recipt signature and stamp would get them to work.

Shamsheer i m facing the exact issue vch u facing... From 20 july i m facing this wot wbt u and ur area...