SMS is the need of Our daily life? or not?

I am a mobile User, hope you are also a mobile user, almost in Pakistan every 3rd person is the mobile user. I think in this modern age mobile is our need. We need it in our daily life, in business, during journey almost in every way of life. SMS feature is also the gift of mobiles. It is a very helpful feature of mobiles and no one refuses from its importance. But what You think we are using this SMS service in a Positive way or not. ???????????????????????????????????????

I am, I use it to only communicate and not to spread comedy and rumors. Everytime I receive a joke on SMS, I laugh at it and delete it. So when I send someone a message, they know I am not messing around and I intend to communicate.

No.

Not a need, merely a small convenience.

surely a need...most of the short info's are safer to be communicated via sms..!convenient too.

[quote=“Asad, post:3, topic:15170”]

No.

[/quote]

x2, but in my case its not even a convenience, cause i never send sms, only receive them.

I don't think that sms in our need. I am 100% clear on that. It is just a convenience.

I a receive alot of sms's and store them and when my inbox is full i send them to others in bulks! :) like i subscribe to ufone sms package of 2500sms/14days and finish it in 2 or 3 days.

Receiving/Sending sms is OK for me in case its not carrying politics, joke, religious info, 18+ crappy bongya, junk marketing.

no offense to any sms lover here but some people don't leave a chance of abusing this service. I personally know a few weirdos all they do is bombard inbox of people all day long with lame nonsense messages. I don't understand what satisfaction do they get by doing this kinda waste activity. I agree with the part its more of a convenience than need.

well if we had wireless internet or 3G or 4G everywhere then SMSing would be useless.... most people would just email each other then.... why pay for smsing when you can do it for by emailing each other.....

calling and sms is already free in US if you gmail...

Do you remember the days when there were no mobiles and thus no SMS.

Life was better in those days, mobile phone is the worst invention of this century.

There is a difference between need and habit. Sometimes SMS is needed as a replacement to a short email but texting as a habit is bad.

^not worst but most absurd, i believe ,the way its being used.

Its a need indeed but i don't send more than 5 sms daily

for some people its more impotent than breath taking

[quote=“armada, post:13, topic:15170”]

for some people its more impotent than breath taking

[/quote]

You mean ‘breathing’ right ?

[quote=“inspiredidea, post:12, topic:15170”]

Its a need indeed but i don’t send more than 5 sms daily

[/quote]

I do less then 5 a week.

[quote=“Faisal, post:15, topic:15170”]

I do less then 5 a week.

[/quote]

Are you sure, only 5 in a week

I do less than five.. err per hour?? excluding late night.

In fact ive recently grown fond of forwrd sms, small lil things that cheer u up in life.

If something special happens i will simply notify my about 200 friends via SMS... I can not call them one by one... :blink:

I send about 200 sms per day.. No 4warded SMS.... Dost hi bht hain...

[quote=“mutee, post:2, topic:15170”]

I am, I use it to only communicate and not to spread comedy and rumors. Everytime I receive a joke on SMS, I laugh at it and delete it. So when I send someone a message, they know I am not messing around and I intend to communicate.

[/quote]

It means you need this to laugh. Is-int?

[quote=“Asad, post:3, topic:15170”]

No.

[/quote]

Sorry, In some sense you are right. But thinks you have 300 contacts in your mobile and you want to alert them with a news urgently. What will you do then? You call them all 300 hundred contacts???