SMS from Wateen

I recieved a SMS from wateen today

"Dear Customer, to avoid service disruption, kindly furnish us with wateen device id installed at your service location by calling us at 111365111"

Although my wateen services are working perfectly fine. Anybody have an idea what's this service sms is all about?

I also receive this sms and they want us to tell them Device mac address, customer CNIC and Logi n ID.

The reason is that now they are going to bypass this login page thing. Now one device<one fixed customer rule will be implied and using other customers ID at your device will be removed.

it's called mac based authentication

Mac binding is what, Wateen has been doing yet so far to facilitate the customers with Static IPs. Which I actually have already. But I also have to login with my Wateen Id before I can use the internet.... So considering the fact, for the time being, they both are operating separately.

I am not sure if they are going to remove login page but this facility is already there for their SME customers, if you haven't forgotten the Wateen CSR' comments.

Whatever..... but it's true that their login interface mostly creates trouble for them selves as well as for their customers. So may be they would be managing to remove this #$%#..

KA are you still using Wateen?

Anyways it's time to:

relax tarrifs.

OR

double the speed at existing rates.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

KA are you still using Wateen?
[/quote]

Yes! It’s not bothering me at all… Thank God…

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Anyways it’s time to:

relax tarrifs.

OR

double the speed at existing rates.

[/quote]

^X2. BTW guys, how is wateen service? compared to ptcl dsl? Does it come under ‘uninterrupted and reliable internet’?

^yes it's reliable.

In my area from last 1 and half year service is working perfectly fine and extremely reliable.