Smartwatch / Wearable Devices

Anyone here using any smart watch?

If using any wearable device, smartwatch, etc, please provide details about your device, the primary use/benefit, the type of apps most often used and your experience about it?

Is it just a temporary fad or does it hold merit for long term usage?

Also, how long does the battery last and how frequently do you need to charge it with regards to your usage?

Not sure if you are asking about "health wares" as well. But if you are and plan on buying then get a fitbit. A friend in Pakistan purchased one and had some issues with it's charger. He called fitbit and they shipped him a new charger to Pakistan without any additional charges. Not many companies would do that.

Yeah, referring to all forms of wearables inclusive of 'health-wares' but especially about smartwatches.

I have been using Samsung Gear (first version) for almost two years with firstly Galaxy S4 device then switched to Galaxy S6.

Found it very useful, especially when you are attending meetings (keep your phone silent, the Gear will give all notifications), while driving you can also answer the call since Gear has built in speakerphone.

Quite useful when doing some hands on work with both hands busy. It got a nice camera as well to take pictures / videos. Also has pedometer, counting your steps as you start a walk. Battery life is quite good, it gives me full two days backup (of course usage dependent.).It has voice commands, you may call a number while driving using voice. There are good apps available but I didn't try any.

For me, it's not few days fad, it is actually useful for me. Never gave any problems, just keeps working and doing its job.

Finally, if you forget your phone and walk away, it will remind you. Also if you forget your watch, your phone will tell you. I saved my phone at least twice.

Is it compatible with other Android devices such as Motorola or Huawei?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the downside of this Samsung Gear is that it is only compatible with high end Samsung phones only (starting from S4 upwards).

Motorola has some models which are compatible with any Android device.

[quote=", post:6, topic:22628"]

Unfortunately the downside of this Samsung Gear is that it is only compatible with high end Samsung phones only (starting from S4 upwards).

Motorola has some models which are compatible with any Android device.

[/quote]

Can you please check this watch with Motorola Droid MAXX?

@Ijaz Ahmed: Thanks! That is the kind of input I was looking for. I will welcome any further user insight regarding these devices.

I was looking at Gear S2/Gear S2 Classic specs and it lacks speaker, camera, etc so I dunno how useful it will prove itself to be. The Classic 3G variant which does have speaker (still no camera) isn't launched yet nor available here, plus the 3G variants use eSIM which AFAIK, the operators here don't support yet.

Motorola phones and their smartwatches like Moto360 aren't available here.

[quote=“usamamustafa, post:7, topic:22628”]

Can you please check this watch with Motorola Droid MAXX?

[/quote]

As I explained earlier, this Samsung watch is not going to work even with Samsung S3 let alone other brand Android phones.

However if you mean Motorola watch, it will definitely work with any Android phone (tested with HTC M9)