SmartLink App - Landline & Video Calls through Mobile

Now your landline just got mobile. Use your landline for regular calls just like a cordless.

SmartLink uses your PTCL Wifi (DSL, EVO, GPON etc.) and gives you the freedom of making your landline calls to anywhere from your mobile. Not only you can make high quality voice calls, SmartLink enables you to do instant messaging and video calling with your SmartLink buddies.

Never miss a call on your landline, even when you are away. Never worry about your mobile balance running out and experience the true freedom with PTCL in your pocket.

Features

- Free Audio & Video Calling (App to App one user to another)

- Landline number Calling to any other Regular Call using the app > Charged as per landline number tariff

- Receive Calls of your landline number where-ever you are connected to PTCL

- Instant messaging

- SmartTV on Android incase you have SmartTV subscription

- PIA flight inquiry

- Built-in Dialer

- Low battery usage 24/7 type app

Download

Currently for Android. Download from GooglePlay store Link

Registration

Download and Install the application on your Android Phone and click the “Register” button after opening the app
Fill in the registration form with your PTCL details, i.e. Name, CNIC, PSTN #, Account ID, email and Cell number
If the credentials match, the application would be registered and SmartLink to anywhere calls shall be activated
PTCL contact center would call you within 24 hours to validate your Subscription; Alternatively you can call 1236 to get your SmartLink validated
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/SmartLinkApp

Hello!

- great ... wait a minute ... we usually get 0 calls on the landline ... what about unbundling services ... dsl only (naked adsl)?

- And does that mean you are going to unblock VoIP ... guess I'll have to talk to PTA!

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:2, topic:21651”]

Hello!

- great ... wait a minute ... we usually get 0 calls on the landline ... what about unbundling services ... dsl only (naked adsl)?

- And does that mean you are going to unblock VoIP ... guess I'll have to talk to PTA!

[/quote]

The app seems to be useful atleast to me for making calls and video calls and sometimes incoming calls. I will have to check more details from PTCL helpline regarding as currently it seems to work on one device per number

I guess all licensed telephony works on VoIP, be it any operator

This may prove to be a risky move by PTCL keeping in view all the efforts to block illegal VoIP services and grey traffic.

People will use it from abroad even though it operates only through PTCL broadband.

But, otherwise, it looks like a dream come true. PTCL Landline is now truly cordless/WiFi and mobile. (Expect huge drop in outgoing calls to PTCL numbers, dear mobile operators :) )

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:4, topic:21651”]

This may prove to be a risky move by PTCL keeping in view all the efforts to block illegal VoIP services and grey traffic.

People will use it from abroad even though it operates only through PTCL broadband.

But, otherwise, it looks like a dream come true. PTCL Landline is now truly cordless/WiFi and mobile. (Expect huge drop in outgoing calls to PTCL numbers, dear mobile operators :) )

[/quote]

I just asked their helpline and they say, it will only work within Pakistan

Yes, as I said in my reply, it only operates through PTCL broadband (meaning within Pakistan only).

But that's what 'They' say. What people actually do or invent, is another matter. :)

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:6, topic:21651”]

Yes, as I said in my reply, it only operates through PTCL broadband (meaning within Pakistan only).

But that's what 'They' say. What people actually do or invent, is another matter. :)

[/quote]

Helpline people said it can work on any internet provider within Pakistan but other operators are often blocking it. I checked and it worked on Warid

Not working on zong 3g. And also for smart tv u have to be on ptcl network with enabled smart tv.

It is just i got another ptcl number which i can use thru wifi without any extra costs.

[quote=“epakistani, post:8, topic:21651”]

Not working on zong 3g. And also for smart tv u have to be on ptcl network with enabled smart tv.

It is just i got another ptcl number which i can use thru wifi without any extra costs.

[/quote]

As per their helpline, they say it is enabled for Pakistan data networks but certain ISPs are blocking it, so preferred broadband of PTCL. Once a person registers, they receive a call from PTCL to verify, after verification, original landline number is attached to you

Also not working on Ufone 3g.

Tried on Wingle and Evo Cloud. Working fine on them.

Thanks

What if i dont verify. Will i still have the new number and will i be billed to my landline???

Registered, verified and then tried to dial/use several times.

You can dial but you wont be able to hear anything, total silent.

Seems like we are just beta testers :D

The App or system seems to be broken.

Note: I am using Samsung Galaxy S3

Sometimes it gives issues...

[quote=“Bibo, post:12, topic:21651”]

[/quote]

Email them at smartlink@ptcl.net.pk with your SmartLink ID that is visible in Profile, Handset make and mode and android version. Usually they resolve issues quickly

[quote=“usmanghk, post:14, topic:21651”]

Email them at smartlink@ptcl.net.pk with your SmartLink ID that is visible in Profile, Handset make and mode and android version. Usually they resolve issues quickly

[/quote]

Will do.

Thanks for the info Usman.

Does it work for you if you are have one installed ?

[quote=“Bibo, post:15, topic:21651”]

Will do. Thanks for the info Usman. Does it work for you if you are have one installed ?

[/quote]

Yes it is working for me

[quote=“usmanghk, post:16, topic:21651”]

Will do. Thanks for the info Usman. Does it work for you if you are have one installed ?

Yes it is working for me

[/quote]

Glad to hear that it works.
Will definately send an email to them.

Why these munks keep it limited to three cities lol .. What the heck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“usmanghk, post:16, topic:21651”]

Yes it is working for me

[/quote]

Which handset are you using ?

[quote=“Bibo, post:19, topic:21651”]

Which handset are you using ?

[/quote]

Galaxy S4, however, your issue does not seem to be handset related maybe, try asking them in email i mentioned