Smart TV Recording

There are USB terminals in Set Top-Box. are they for flsah drive and recording ? Can we record from set top box without PC and video card ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There are USB terminals in Set Top-Box. are they for flsah drive and recording ? Can we record from set top box without PC and video card ?

[/quote]

A big NO

The USB slots are for upgrading firmware.

you can record by pluging your smart tv cable to tv tuner card but not through usb port :huh:

^^^^ Im afraid its not possible either. :( they have implemented Macrovision protection on video signal so you can not record anything coming out from any video out source of STB.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:4, topic:15308”]

^^^^ Im afraid its not possible either. :( they have implemented Macrovision protection on video signal so you can not record anything coming out from any video out source of STB.

[/quote]

ShuAK bhai I have done countless hours of recording from Smart TV by plugging the composite cable coming from STB to a TV tuner card. Yes, InterVideo WinDVR says that it cant record because of Macrovision protection but switching to another recording program i.e Honestech TVR, solved this problem for me. I had bought a new TV Tuner card when I first tried using WinDVR and I honestly thought that the problem occurred because of the that, but now I’m not so sure.