Slow speed of gprs on the pc

dear frendz! i have lg kg200 and i have installed two gprs settings on mobile and pc as well; one for ufone and other for zong. i m trying to connect internet from these networks on my pc. now im able to connect to ufone but not with zong. i hav also contacted the customer center but they just sent me all internet settings. these settings are not sufficient to connect, i dont know why. another problem im facing that with ufone, the pc shows 460.8kpbs but it works very slow that sometimes i waste my whole card and gain nothing. please help me how can i increase speed or reduce cost of using internet on the pc with these networks

If you are using GPRS on pre-paid connection on PC, your balance will be gone before you'll finish your tea. But anyways, I've never used any LG set to connect GPRS, but if you are getting a "PPP link protocol could not be established" or something similar to that, that either means that you haven't set right APN for the network you are connecting, or that the network of the operator is messed up right now. If your LG came with a CD, and you have installed all the softwares, look for a Network Manager type of software that will set up the Dialup networking settings for you. Whichever operators APN you will save the last, will get connected (At least this is the case with my Samsung). So you need to create a new connection every time you want to connect to different operator than the last connected.

The speed you see when connecting is the speed between your mobile and your computer's USB hub. Don't get fooled by that. Sometimes the PPP error can be corrected by restarting mobile phone.

Your mobile only supports GPRS (Class 8) and not EDGE, so the maximum speed you can get on LG KG200 is 5KBps.

hahaah so fukn true! i remember i connected my warid gprs to pc and connected it, opened Google. made a search and disconnected it and guess what my 80 r.s were gone! i was like damn!!!!

^ that seems a bit too unfair though.

lol that happened but my account was 1000 r.s so i really didn't cared. i have used alot of gprs on mobile and my 100 r.s card used to work for 7 days only on warid if i use it normally. on heavy usage i used to Finnish it in 2 or 1 day :D

thank you dear friends Asad Ahmed and pawned to help me. i hav learnt a lot from you people that not to connect with prepaid connection.

I am using indigo postpaid unlimited gprs pakage plan and i am quite satisfied.

my last month download cross 1 GB. so what to say. i use it 8-9 hours per day

Why are you being so nice to them buddy. Use it as much as you are paying them for that service. I downloaded around 35GB on my warid this month, eventhough its speed drops from time to time.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Why are you being so nice to them buddy. Use it as much as you are paying them for that service. I downloaded around 35GB on my warid this month, eventhough its speed drops from time to time.
[/quote]

how much avg speed download in 35gb

i ve calculated if u got constant 4 KBps 24hour a day and 30 days of month then u would be able to download only 10GB.

so what speed u ve?

6 Hours of Load shedding, so 18 Hours when my computer can be connected to Internet, out of which more than 17 Hours it is connected. A few days ago I got constant 27KBps (for around 2 days). But on average, Around 10 Hours of 25-27KBps every day, and around 6 Hours of ~16KBps.

6 Hours of Load shedding, so 18 Hours when my computer can be connected to Internet, out of which more than 17 Hours it is connected. A few days ago I got constant 27KBps (for around 2 days). But on average, Around 10 Hours of 25-27KBps every day, and around 6 Hours of ~16KBps.
[/quote]

Same case with Zong

Same case with Zong
[/quote]

You are the first person I’ve seen who is satisfied with Zong GPRS/Edge. Even when I tried it, it was almost dead. Seems like you are in some “lucky and unique” area of their coverage.