SKYPE with Vptcl?

can i use skype with vptcl and can i call my relatives in uk frm pc to pc free.am getting good speed like 20+ wit vptcl

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can i use skype with vptcl and can i call my relatives in uk frm pc to pc free.am getting good speed like 20+ wit vptcl
[/quote]

No idea about vptcl, but what do u mean call UK from pc to pc, did you mean by this calling from pc to pc from skype to skype??? If that’s the case then obviously its free.

skype can work on any type of connection , unless the connection is fast enough

how do i get a skype account?

@yas ya am talkin bout skype to skype.

has any1 tried fring on n95?

how do i get a skype account?

@yas ya am talkin bout skype to skype.

has any1 tried fring on n95?

[/quote]

Go to www.skype.com and download skype from there, once its installed, click to the prompt “DON’T HAVE A SKYPE NAME?” and create an account for you. Now if you have your relatives in UK, you can either talk to them from pc to pc (via skype to skype) free as well as if they have 3 Network’s mobile phone in UK (3 is the name of one of the mobile company in UK) then you’ll be able to call on their mobile from your skype for free (as 3 network provides phone which has skype integrated in it). You can chat as well as talk. its very simple and easy as I use skype on my pc as and Nokia E51 wifi mobile and talk to my brother and daughter in UK who have 3 Network’s mobile with the skype in it. I hope I have not confused you. Just go through skype’s website - download - create an account and make your first skype call to SKYPE TEST CALL. Regarding your last question about fring/N95, well I have fring on Nokia E51 and it works perfectly on it (including calling to skype contacts) but don’t have any idea regarding N95.

@yas

so kind of u sir to reply

another question i got i am using unlimited data plan on zong can i use skype on my mobile and chat with a pc user on skype and does 3 mobile network charges for data usage for skype Thanks

@yas

so kind of u sir to reply

another question i got i am using unlimited data plan on zong can i use skype on my mobile and chat with a pc user on skype and does 3 mobile network charges for data usage for skype Thanks

[/quote]

You can use any network’s plan for skype on your mobile to chat with a pc user on skype, it depends what the network charges for the usage. And 3 mobile Network in UK DOES NOT charge for data usage while the user in UK uses skype. I have just confirmed it from my daughter in London. By the way, let me know the charges of Zong’s Unlimited Data Plan please. Thanks.

460 per month unlimited

Just made a test call from fring Nice quality

one more thing How do i add the other person....is it a username funda?

460 per month unlimited

Just made a test call from fring Nice quality

one more thing How do i add the other person…is it a username funda?

[/quote]

U have to click to “add new buddy” from fring, and you’ll be prompted to the message “To add a new buddy enter the buddy’s full phone number, type the fring user ID, or push the joystick to select from your address book.” As I am using fring on mobile with no SIM, so I cannot add from the phone, waise its easier to adddelete or block the ids (whether skype, msn, yahoo, facebook or ICQ as fring has all these messengers) from the pc first.

Regarding user name “funda” it could be someone’s id.

Let me know about this Rs.460/- per month for unlimited usage, is this for pre or post paid connection? And what’s the name of this package i.e. if I want to get a ZONG’s sim for my mobile (for fring/skype), just ask for unlimited data plan?

Thanks

You need to dial 900 from Zong to activate "Zong Unlimited" (I think that's what it's called)

And as far as my experience is concerned for Zong's GPRS - during the evening, it stalls badly. In fact, it stalls till midnight-ish (not completely; the speed is dead slow).

I checked this some 3 weeks back, in Rawalpindi. I'm wondering whether it's location-dependent.

During the day (around noon), you can get pretty good speeds (roughly Rs. 15KB/s) for EDGE.

Hope this helps.

Oh - and you can watch Youtube via your cell with Zong - I haven't been able to watch Youtube on my cell with Ufone nor Telenor.

You need to dial 900 from Zong to activate “Zong Unlimited” (I think that’s what it’s called)

And as far as my experience is concerned for Zong’s GPRS - during the evening, it stalls badly. In fact, it stalls till midnight-ish (not completely; the speed is dead slow).

I checked this some 3 weeks back, in Rawalpindi. I’m wondering whether it’s location-dependent.

During the day (around noon), you can get pretty good speeds (roughly Rs. 15KB/s) for EDGE.

Hope this helps.

Oh - and you can watch Youtube via your cell with Zong - I haven’t been able to watch Youtube on my cell with Ufone nor Telenor.

[/quote]

Thanks for the information Shaheerk. I have to get a prepaid Zong’s sim and activate unlimited option to use fring on my mobile.

yas do u mind telling me ur skype username for a call.just for testing plz.and zong unlimited is on prepaid.I ILL CALL FOR JUST 5 SEC.

yas do u mind telling me ur skype username for a call.just for testing plz.and zong unlimited is on prepaid.I ILL CALL FOR JUST 5 SEC.
[/quote]

Do mean Skype or fring? What’s yours?

my skype username is saddam.ali396 add me

my skype username is saddam.ali396 add me
[/quote]

added