Skype/VoIP on EDGE/GPRS in Pak?

With the onset of Skype phones in the foreign world, I would like to know if someone has tried Skype J2ME app or VoIP of any sort on GPRS/EDGE in Pakistan.

I used Fring. but it's symbian. worked well when when ever the speed is good.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I used Fring. but it’s symbian. worked well when when ever the speed is good.
[/quote]

dear wats your fring id,it will great to use when making more buddies and have app usefle and fun.

my user id is “nomanpatel” iam using fring on iphone…

kewl id

i am using fring also on my iphone... when ever i swtich over on another program or applicaton then fring automatic sign off..... while when i use fring on nokia n95... its continious on....

anyone knows about this ????

i am using fring also on my iphone… when ever i swtich over on another program or applicaton then fring automatic sign off… while when i use fring on nokia n95… its continious on…

anyone knows about this ???

[/quote]

Yes, If your iphone firmware version is 2.1

you can run your any application on background while you are on home screen or any program or switch to sleep mode…

You need to install backgrounder application…

here you can find

here is simple tutorial…

tutorial how to download …

1.go to cydia

2.go to search and type "Backgrounder"

3.install it…

'please note’

there is no icon of backgrounder app

how to use its simple

1.fring you wants to run on background

2.use your fring app until you connects with fring

3.know you wants to exit press Home button for 5 seconds there is option of enable your app on background.

any more questions about any application for iphone feel free to contact me on my email

email address. nomanpatel@gmail.com

facebook.

twitter. nomanrauf

facebook. nomanpatel

fring id. nomanpatel

my fring id is "bellskar"

fring also available now in J2ME version named "minifring"

I am using fring on Nokia's E51 over Worldcalls' EVDO wifi (alongwith Linksys device). Skype voice calls works excellent on it. I want to know if fring would work on Samsung's Dual sim mobile D880 over Java's application? What would be the charges if I use FRING on EDGE (Ufone)

^D880 is not listed in there list on http://www.fring.com/download/

but choose any other samsung phone just similar to yours one. and download the minifring. it should work on D880 too.

fring is free of cost. only you are charged of your usage from your network as their described packages.

and ofcourse fring works excellently on broadband.

edit: choose i310 from the list, I hope it will work fine D880.

You can also chat with your MSN, yahoo, googletalk ect buddies through fring

With the onset of Skype phones in the foreign world, I would like to know if someone has tried Skype J2ME app or VoIP of any sort on GPRS/EDGE in Pakistan.
[/quote]

I have also used skype via fring through Warid’s Edge, but its very costly, so i switched over to wifi system.

Hi...

I would like to know if any of you have used voip over edge/GPRS in pakistan. If so:

1. What mobile model (Nokia, Iphone...)?

2. VOIP provider (Skype, Vbuzzer...)?

3. Pakistan telco ? (Uphone, Warid, Mobilink....)

4. Data Plan (unlimited or per usage)

5. Voice Quality (clear or choppy...)?

I am thinking to buying a phone for this purpose and a PREPAID connection. Does any prepaid connection offer unlimited internet or is it just for postpaid?

Thanks

On fringe can we alsso do voice chat from our mobile to our friends online on yahoo or msn messnengers?

Has anyone done that?

yes with msn you can and with google talk . yahoo no voice service .

well i use nimbuzz a great app for all Msn ,Yahoo, Facebook, Skype and more over it supports voice service on both msn and yahoo and for the rest you name it ......

i am using fring on iphone. but prob sometime i cannot able to connect long long time .anyone other facing the same issue ?

Hi…

I would like to know if any of you have used voip over edge/GPRS in pakistan. If so:

1. What mobile model (Nokia, Iphone…)?

2. VOIP provider (Skype, Vbuzzer…)?

3. Pakistan telco ? (Uphone, Warid, Mobilink…)

4. Data Plan (unlimited or per usage)

5. Voice Quality (clear or choppy…)?

I am thinking to buying a phone for this purpose and a PREPAID connection. Does any prepaid connection offer unlimited internet or is it just for postpaid?

Thanks

[/quote]

In reply to your queries, I am using it on:-

1) Nokia 6120c and Nokia E51

2) Voip provider (FRING)

3) Ufone (Excellent)/Zong (Good).

4) Data Plan (Unlimited)

5) Voice Quality depends on which city/area you are, so at times it could be crystal clear but on some location it would be choppy too.

Finally Unlimited package is available for PREPAID subscribers too, Ufone and Zong both does.

Hope it helps.

2) Voip provider (FRING)
[/quote]

AFAIK, Fring is not a VOIP provider but it’s a Client

i have used fringe's voice chat using ufone edge and the voice quality was amazing...

guys try nimbuzz good application for purpose even you can voice chat on yahoo, gtalk in addition to skype.