Skype: Unlimited calls to landlines in 34 countries worldwide

Check this out,

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/subscriptions/europeworld/

£7.99/month Unlimited calls to landlines* in 34 countries worldwide....very good offer!!

Shame there is no unlimited free call landlines to Pakistan :( What the reason behind this?

Interesting post from Skype forum:

-----

Primo, this might happen if only India and Pakistan would allow VoIP call termination. At the moment all VoIP providers have to use private, illegal exchanges.

Secundo, India is such a large country that domestic call rates would never be low enough to make free calls economically viable. You can now have free calls over Europe/USA/China/Australia with any betamax... but I really doubt India or Pakistan would join the bandwagon soon - unless and until they develop their telecom infrastructure the way China has done.

For the time being, it looks that Pakistan is heading in an opposite doirection, and there have been reports that the port UDP 5060, used for SIP signalling, has been blocked all over the country. And still no news about any plans of connecting the country to the world's internet apart from the existing one FLAG connection in Karachi.

Anyway, it's not upto Skype or other VoIP provider but upto the Indian/Pakistani governments at the moment.

-----

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=58728

:(

Does anyone know how to get unlimited call from UK to Pakistan phoneline via VOIP?

Or cheaper than calling card.

I routinely receive calls from Hong Kong, UAE, USA with strange numbers appearing on my screen. Sometimes valid warid/mobilink numbers appear on cellphone screen for an international call. I suspect it is because of illegal private exchanges etc.,

Anyways, if VoIP Call Termination is banned in Pakistan than How BrainTel is operating here ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I routinely receive calls from Hong Kong, UAE, USA with strange numbers appearing on my screen. Sometimes valid warid/mobilink numbers appear on cellphone screen for an international call. I suspect it is because of illegal private exchanges etc.,

Anyways, if VoIP Call Termination is banned in Pakistan than How BrainTel is operating here ?

[/quote]

Different numbers appearing on mobile etc while receiving intl calls are not illegal…They are license to terminate calls on numbers other than PTCL.

Braintel has bought its own Port for VOIP…it is licensed as well for incoming calls to PK.