Skype now part of Microsoft!

Microsoft bought Skype Communications for US$8.5 billion, Skype is the world's no.1 audio video calling software application.

Sad news

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Sad news
[/quote]

:confused:

Thats surprising. I hope they integrate it with Xbox live and WLM.

Nice! Go Microsoft! :)

symbian android and other OS may loose skype later or may not get further updates

MS developers will only focus their own products

Now Skype will come with windows? :(

Microsoft is one of the most evil companies in the world I am very surprised people here forgot!

How old are you guys 12? Not that many years since Bill Gates was in the courtroom remember that? Remember how you was forced to use IE?

Microsoft will ruin Skype just like they ruined Danger, FASA and many many others.

Microsoft is one of the most evil companies in the world I am very surprised people here forgot!

How old are you guys 12? Not that many years since Bill Gates was in the courtroom remember that? Remember how you was forced to use IE?

Microsoft will ruin Skype just like they ruined Danger, FASA and many many others.

[/quote]

I am not getting the point behind your offense to Microsoft… I m not really a fan of Microsoft but i do appreciate such deals. Skype is definitely the best audio video calling platform so far and i hope Microsoft is gonna take it to the next level.

A big fish eating all the small fishes in pond.

But i never saw any performance issues after this kind of buying and selling.

Skype is definitely the best audio video calling platform so far and i hope Microsoft is gonna take it to the next level.
[/quote]

I wish your hopes come true but if Microsoft had guts then instead of buying Skype, they could have improved their MSN Messenger (which still requires a security update every month or so) , they could have come with better browser.

Not that many years since Bill Gates was in the courtroom remember that? Remember how you was forced to use IE?
[/quote]

You were never forced to use IE. It was just included with Windows out of the box.

Seems like a good fit…maybe MS can actually get Skype to make a profit now by focusing on corporate uses for it…

Its all about the Benjamins.... after all owners of skype saw 'real' money and they gave up....

You cannot clap with one hand.

Although Skype is a revolutionary technology and the best-of-breed VOIP services. Still paying $8.5 billion for it was on quite the higher side, in my opinion!

This means we have two parties mayb three

[skype+Microsoft+Facebook+Nokia]

vs.

[Google+GooglePlus+Googlevoice+Googlerola+Samsung]

vs.

[APPLE]

BATTLE ROYALE!!

thanks for the news

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:15, topic:14466”]

This means we have two parties mayb three

[skype+Microsoft+Facebook+Nokia]

vs.