Skrill withdrawals not receiving in Pakistani banks?

Okay so i know there's a lot of stuff posted on the internet about skrill (formerly moneybookers) but trust me, i came here after spending hours of searching... and found NOTHING useful..

here's my story.. I have been using moneybookers for a year, and i used to get my money in my bank in 4 days (sometimes I got it in 2 days!).. I was using "moneybookers" by now and not skrill, as there used to be an option "if you prefer, you can still use the old site", and i used to click on that option... so this time, this option was vanished for good and I HAD TO use "Skrill" for the first time.. and my withdrawal has been processed on 6th November, 2013 but there's no money in my account.. I called my bank (Bank Alfalah Model Town Branch) but they say they haven't got any money as of now..

I contacted skrill regarding this problem but they didn't even bother replying..

I wanna know your experience of "Skril" not "moneybookers" in October, November 2013.. and let me know what's going on here.. Any help will be highly appreciated..

Call them via ufone and they will assist you.

I did my last withdrawal of skrill on Feb 14, 2013, received the funds in my soneri bank account within four days.

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:, topic:”]

I contacted skrill regarding this problem but they didn't even bother replying..

[/quote]

Wait for them to reply. What else can you do? It can take months to sort out something like this. That is why it is a huge risk keeping your money with someone else.

Ask them for a copy of the SWIFT MT103 message if they say they've sent the wire. You can take that to your bank and show it to them. I posted an image of a sample MT103 in that other thread.

rokra , is this the copy skrill sends us when the money hasn’t hit the bank in 5 days? I received it once and it looked like this:

[NTRF TRN 813708488 /ENTRY-19 FEB PMT/REF 6008ABS046GIS39 /RECEVRES/PK AHMAD RAZA/BNF/ TRN ID 813708488]

does SWIFT MT103 message look like this?

I was going do a Skrill withdrawal in my SCB account soon but this problem of yours is concerning...

can you please keep us updated about the progress of your situation?

what does skrill say about this etc

Thanks

Have up to date statement from bank and send (photo of the statment showing your name and recent transactions) that to Skrill via creating new ticket, and don't use bank Alafalah for next time... SCBL, HBL and UBL are far better

ShoukaT Sorry for replying late.. I was not around..

So here's exactly what happened.. i thought I was being paranoid but it literally happened.. Anyone who uses Skrill (formerly Moneybookers), read it.. It's really gonna help you

We know that in January, 2013 Moneybookers changed to Skrill. Okay so I had been using Bank Alfalah for withdrawals and it worked almost fine.. since Skrill came into being, you might have noticed the option while logging in "If you prefer, you can still use the old site", and I used to click on that every time (because mai zra "wehmi" hun :D ) so it used to take me to "moneybookers" page and not skrill.. so this "use the old site" option vanished in November, 2013 and I had to use "Skrill" for the first time.. and I withdrew some money on 6th which didn't hit my bank for 10 days... I called my bank several times but nothing helped.. I also went to the Skrill's ticket section and told them that I didnt receive my money and "5" days HAVE passed but they sent NO reply instead I received an automated email telling me that "We have created a ticket for you (#00647061) and aim to reply as soon as possible, but due to a significant increase in the volume of queries to our customer services centre we are experiencing a few delays."

Finally, I got a call from my bank on this Monday, 18th November, '13.. and the Bank manager told me that they received a wire transfer from Skrill and that they were going to "return" it!!! wow.. I was flabbergasted.. The reason being that there is no "purpose of payment" or "honorarium" mentioned in it which Moneybookers used to mention.. Somehow I convinced her to NOT return the payment and I visited the bank the very next day along with the printouts showing the money flow from my Elance -> Skrill and Skrill -> My Bank account.., had to sign all the 5 printouts and the girl transferred it to the headoffice but told me to ask Skrill to mention the purpose of payment the next time, (I had already emailed Skrill on Monday's night, telling them about this problem.. still haven't got ANY reply from Skrill... really poor customer service I would say)..

Conclusion: Since PayPal is not available, Skrill is the only option most of the Freelancers use.. Another thing you would want to consider is that Skrill has increased the withdrawal fee from $2.4 to $4 + a specific percentage of your withdrawal amount (This is confirmed)..

Now I'm gonna open an account in SCB and just enjoy fast withdrawals... I guess :)

My suggestion is that you make a withdrawal and call your bank after 2,3 days asking them if they have got any wire transfer...

Hope I helped.. !

I wonder this all sh!T happened with you too late, I've transfered to SCB 18 months back. BTW I never got my payment to my Al Falah bank in time or without the message you mentioned above "purpose" while SCB delivers payment in 48 hours maximum amd they never asked the "purpose" kind of foolishness :)

Sent from Nokia 3310

nvd650 when did you make your last Skrill withdrawal?

Also can you tell me what's the best account type I should go for.. I mean the one that is most affordable and efficient for freelancers and has no minimum balance restriction? :P

.. Basic Banking Account? Current Account?

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:10, topic:20501”]

nvd650 when did you make your last Skrill withdrawal?

Also can you tell me what's the best account type I should go for.. I mean the one that is most affordable and efficient for freelancers and has no minimum balance restriction? :P

.. Basic Banking Account? Current Account?

[/quote]

I guess I had answered you same question a few months back :) Anyhow it's Sadiq account, not PLS for sure, I don't details, I just told them that I need an account for foreign payments, so they set it according to my demands :)

One of my relative withdrawn money this week, She got it but they have deducted $32 in between. She was very angry, bank said this what we have received.

Soheb.qureshi, did she withdrew using Skrill? Could you also tell with which bank it happened?

Salam to all

I used withdraw my money from skrill (moneybookers) to my MCB bank. Money usually credited to my account within 3-4 days after getting processed from skrill.

I had no problems at all, but now. I submitted a withdrawal request on 8 November and it was processed the same day, so on upcoming wed-Thursday i was expecting payment to be credited into my MCB account but it had not been credited. so i just checked my skrill account and found out that the withdrawal was cancelled. So again i submitted a withdrawal request on Thu, Nov 14 but i have not received my money yet and i am still waiting :(

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:, topic:”]

Okay so i know there's a lot of stuff posted on the internet about skrill (formerly moneybookers) but trust me, i came here after spending hours of searching... and found NOTHING useful..

here's my story.. I have been using moneybookers for a year, and i used to get my money in my bank in 4 days (sometimes I got it in 2 days!).. I was using "moneybookers" by now and not skrill, as there used to be an option "if you prefer, you can still use the old site", and i used to click on that option... so this time, this option was vanished for good and I HAD TO use "Skrill" for the first time.. and my withdrawal has been processed on 6th November, 2013 but there's no money in my account.. I called my bank (Bank Alfalah Model Town Branch) but they say they haven't got any money as of now..

I wanna know your experience of "Skril" not "moneybookers" in October, November 2013.. and let me know what's going on here.. Any help will be highly appreciated..

[/quote]

As far as I know, there is no restriction by SBP on receiving foreign currency remittances in a resident bank account. As a matter of fact, I made "test" withdrawals of US$ 20 each from Skrill to my PKR Askari Bank and US$ UBL accounts on 20 October and received the funds 3 days later without any problem.

I think your bank may have been unfair to you. If I were you, I would have politely asked to see a hard copy of the relevant SBP policy to support their claim. If they failed to do so, I would have insisted that they credit the amount. If they still refused and persisted along their line, I would have lodged a complaint with the Banking Mohtasib at http://www.bankingmohtasib.gov.pk.

[quote=“luckyguy786, post:14, topic:20501”]

Salam to all

I used withdraw my money from skrill (moneybookers) to my MCB bank. Money usually credited to my account within 3-4 days after getting processed from skrill.

I had no problems at all, but now. I submitted a withdrawal request on 8 November and it was processed the same day, so on upcoming wed-Thursday i was expecting payment to be credited into my MCB account but it had not been credited. so i just checked my skrill account and found out that the withdrawal was cancelled. So again i submitted a withdrawal request on Thu, Nov 14 but i have not received my money yet and i am still waiting :(

[/quote]

Wa Alaikum As Salam

Wow... this is strange.. a withdrawal getting cancelled AFTER getting processed... oh ok wait! I think the same thing happened to you.. Skrill sent the money and the status was "processed" but your bank returned it without even informing you about it... the reason being the honorarium Sh*t... I think you should:

1) Call your bank and ask them about any transactions they have returned.. be rude and furious or they won't listen to you! :P

2) Write an email to Skrill asking them about the problem

3) Check your account balance in Skrill and see if it is what it should be,, I mean the money should be in your Skrill account now

[quote=“taru, post:15, topic:20501”]

As far as I know, there is no restriction by SBP on receiving foreign currency remittances in a resident bank account. As a matter of fact, I made "test" withdrawals of US$ 20 each from Skrill to my PKR Askari Bank and US$ UBL accounts on 20 October and received the funds 3 days later without any problem.

I think your bank may have been unfair to you. If I were you, I would have politely asked to see a hard copy of the relevant SBP policy to support their claim. If they failed to do so, I would have insisted that they credit the amount. If they still refused and persisted along their line, I would have lodged a complaint with the Banking Mohtasib at http://www.bankingmohtasib.gov.pk.

[/quote]

Thanks Taru for your reply. So nice of you.

As far as i know, this is Bank Alfalah's Policy and not SBP's and you're absolutely right that there is no restriction by SBP on receiving foreign currency remittances in a resident bank account. I'm a BIG fan of SBP.. I have been polite with my bank.. I'm gonna do some homework.. ready state Bank's policies and make sure that there is no such thing.. It's just so annoying..

I still remember when the same bank didn't process my withdrawal for weeks which left me impecunious.. As a last resort, I emailed SBP and they took action within minutes! and the same day I got my money!

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:13, topic:20501”]

Soheb.qureshi, did she withdrew using Skrill? Could you also tell with which bank it happened?

[/quote]

I guess the bank is MCB. Yes she used Skrill. Now I want to withdraw but just worried about this fee. I will be making withdraws through Alfalah.

Between are you guys using freelancer.com or how your money si reaching skrill? May be we could find another way out.

[quote=“Soheb.qureshi, post:18, topic:20501”]

I guess the bank is MCB. Yes she used Skrill. Now I want to withdraw but just worried about this fee. I will be making withdraws through Alfalah.

Between are you guys using freelancer.com or how your money si reaching skrill? May be we could find another way out.

[/quote]

Thanks Sohaib. I did some maths and this percentage except the fixed $4 fee is 2.56% of the withdrawal amount.. but it's not official.. All i know is that thousands of people asking the same question from Skrill about this 'hidden fee' and Skrill's officials saying the same thing.. i.e. "The only charge that Skrill (Moneybookers) applies on withdrawal is 1.8 EUR regardless of the amount. There are no additional fees applied by Skrill (Moneybookers)."

I would suggest that if you're going to withdraw a big amount, make it directly from the website you work on to your local bank account. e.g. Odesk to Bank Alfalah... If you're gonna use Skrill.. make a withdrawal of $100 or so to know about this hidden fee.

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:19, topic:20501”]

Thanks Sohaib. I did some maths and this percentage except the fixed $4 fee is 2.56% of the withdrawal amount.. but it's not official.. All i know is that thousands of people asking the same question from Skrill about this 'hidden fee' and Skrill's officials saying the same thing.. i.e. "The only charge that Skrill (Moneybookers) applies on withdrawal is 1.8 EUR regardless of the amount. There are no additional fees applied by Skrill (Moneybookers)."

I would suggest that if you're going to withdraw a big amount, make it directly from the website you work on to your local bank account. e.g. Odesk to Bank Alfalah... If you're gonna use Skrill.. make a withdrawal of $100 or so to know about this hidden fee.

[/quote]

I am going to withdraw $120. I just checked skrill said they will only charge $4 but with that they have written " Withdrawls with be send through international bank transfer or something like that so charges may be more". This is question mark. May be they are not charging more but the intermediate banks are charging more. Who knows

I cant withdraw from freelancer.com, the options they give is freelancer debit card and wire transfrer. Both are very costly.