Sir Firecruz kindly see too to this

firecruz i would be in your debt if u could help me out of this. please *bangs head on table*

i have a 4mb connection ive made several other posts concerning my problem and ive been on the mercy of 1218 ppl since july (ever since this up gradation process started)

the problems are as follows

`1)i have unstable snr it varies from 29 to 5 both us and ds

2)i have a 4mb connection and im getting 1mb speed i fail to understand how ..its been a month since im paying for 4mb now

3)there is constant red internet lights...(i had the light red for a month..and somehow it has started working on its own now)

here are things ive tried so u dont repeat the ones i already have

1)called 1218 countless times

2)answered countless calls by the automated computer lady that my line has been fixed

3)the line man says my line is fine and refuses to change it . dp or whatever u call it.

4)went to the exchange told them my problem they say 'kal tak ho jaye ga theek'

5)ive even mailed pta ..they did give me a response that they will get the problem fixed buy there has been no luck

my main problem being number 2.(1mb connection speed)

kindly pm me your number or if u need my number details i would be glad to provide u with them.

these are my line stats

Modem Status

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected

Us Rate (Kbps) 1020

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 12

DS Margin 15

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 39

US Line Attenuation 21

Peak Cell Rate 2405 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 511

CRC Tx Interleaved 0

Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics

Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0

Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

help me out of this

kind regards

Bdax

apply for a new connection it will be ok then and unsuscribed yrself from the present connection

with due respect usman we both know it takes a month for them to get you a new dsl connection and another month to get ure old line free from dsl patch. ive been down that road once before. it is of no use.

the huge variation in SNR margins is definately due to line joint or faulty pair....try to find tht joint on your own...this is a techie sort problem...u'll have to investigate on your own...seems ur exchange staff not co-operating with you...!ur root cause is pair issue or line fault...first get that sorted then comes the next step of speed...!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

with due respect usman we both know it takes a month for them to get you a new dsl connection and another month to get ure old line free from dsl patch. ive been down that road once before. it is of no use.
[/quote]

i had same problem and solved by ordering new connection it is just 3 working days away from u and it will cost only 500 rs in ramadan offer just tell yr line and he will get u in no time and one other intersting thing if u are having problem with present dsl connection and u told them u will get new connection free of cost but u have to go to exchange or just pay 500rs to line man he will mangae it

the huge variation in SNR margins is definately due to line joint or faulty pair…try to find tht joint on your own…this is a techie sort problem…u’ll have to investigate on your own…seems ur exchange staff not co-operating with you…!ur root cause is pair issue or line fault…first get that sorted then comes the next step of speed…!
[/quote]

sir how exactly do i find the joint in the line ?

i do know for sure that it was broken at one point at my roof top and he joined it the desi way // is that a joint ?

@bdax

Well your line is faulty as per ur details but wud you tell me if your connection drops before 6 hours or not? if it does than you shud consider the problem as ur line. (1st step)

If not or if resolved ....then you would have to go to exch and talk to the dsl guy cuz it feels that these 1218 people are useless in these terms! more than that these days strike is on so no work is been done properly!

btw joint is refered to any joint starting from splitter to dp to cabinet to exchange! so it cud be any point!...so this will have to b checked one by one section wise!

soory off topic @firecruz but on windows youtube opened in merely 12 secs!

@bdax

Well your line is faulty as per ur details but wud you tell me if your connection drops before 6 hours or not? if it does than you shud consider the problem as ur line. (1st step)

If not or if resolved …then you would have to go to exch and talk to the dsl guy cuz it feels that these 1218 people are useless in these terms! more than that these days strike is on so no work is been done properly!

btw joint is refered to any joint starting from splitter to dp to cabinet to exchange! so it cud be any point!..so this will have to b checked one by one section wise!

[/quote]

my connection drops every 30min =s…

so i need to tell my line man

1)to check if there are any joints in the line

2)if yes then fix them

3)get me a new wire from the dp

secondly i asked if there was someway you could pm me your number and be of any assistance .im in lahore if you could help.third i told about my connection speed its 4mb according to their system and in the modem stats but i get 1mb speed kindly help me out there too

i had same problem and solved by ordering new connection it is just 3 working days away from u and it will cost only 500 rs in ramadan offer just tell yr line and he will get u in no time and one other intersting thing if u are having problem with present dsl connection and u told them u will get new connection free of cost but u have to go to exchange or just pay 500rs to line man he will mangae it
[/quote]

How do we know get to know if the lineman accepts “bribery”? what if he rejects any such offer and start insulting :confused:

How do we know get to know if the lineman accepts “bribery”? what if he rejects any such offer and start insulting :confused:

[/quote]

yar pakistan hai i payed 2000 rs for onu connection he asked by himself just put 500 in his pocket bus ho jai ga

and im still waiting for fire to reply ..

send me ure contact number ffs if you can fire ..im sure you can

@bdax

Yar im not resistant to give my contact but the prob is that i might not be able to help u with a lahore number personally! other than that just for advices....im always there bro!

@bonhomie

lol...it happens first time when u are scared to give! May Allah forgive us all but just imagine a situation! million customers crying on helpline as there dsl was down for a day or two just near eid (before) .... I was also one of em! I in such strike situation personally got into the issue (not my headache) but i did cuz my own dsl number was down! I hired a fibre splicing team and some other vendors support to get it done and guess what....it cudnt be doen without bribing them! so our country works on such a system where we innocent users are miss fit!

and oh wow! good to know that my ptcl tag is off :D thanx mods!

Wow your dream came true ..You were requesting them for ages :P ehhe

err the song remains the same ..

why dont i get my full 4mb speed ?

sync issues will get better after i get a new line from the dp

but whats with the speed ?

hey thanks firecruz, gonna restrain from doing that because doesn't feel right. Its like giving away own importance and becoming inferior morally and ethically.

@bonhomie....

well thats a good initiative! thumbs up!