Shrieking UPS

So all of a sudden my UPS/inverter has started giving this weird shrieking noise, when there is no light...
It starts off fine, and everything works good, than all of a sudden this shrieking noise, and the screen goes blue, with just "0" written on it( original is also blue), I turn it on/off , and presto everything works fine, till the next time... there is also no clear reason for this that I could find.sometimes it goes for hours with no problem, and sometimes it shrieks 3/4 times in an hours.(mind you this only happens when there's no light). I have got it checked a couple of times, but so far everytime they have given it back, the problem persists. HELP!

Little help without knowing the manufacturer\model etc. If its an imported one make sure to contact an official distributor for service. Maybe even check your wiring for any problems such as shorts and overload.

Maybe you need to take the UPS to an Exorcist rather than an electrician :rolleyes:

Aurangzeb

Brand ov ups n rating?

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:4, topic:22072”]

Brand ov ups n rating?

[/quote]

Its homage V2000

2000V/1200W.

I really don't know anything else about it, except that its not getting fixed everytime I send it, the UPS guys tells me that it its fixed, quotes a long winding explanation, than when I call them that its not fixed,they ask me to tell them whenever it stops working, unfortunately I have found no pattern to its shrieking, and I really couldn't mimic the conditions, the battery are pretty new, so I doubt they are the problem. -_-

definately a hardware problem get it fixed from their customer service centres. my advice is to take your battery to them also when recieving and check ur inverter personally by running it for atleast 15 minutes.

Must b bios or programmin ic ... arman is rite .. just go there n take ur ups plus batteries with u n make thm run the ups for at least 15 mins ...

Latest models of Homage show Error no. On screen which help to identify problem. I am not sure what "0" means on it

Ask any dealer ho only deals in homage ..

Remove the output lead (load cable) and then check. Even after removing the load the UPS is giving same 0 error, replace battery and recheck.

i have same error while i am using homepower , this was removed by cleaning the fan of ups, remove cover and blower the fan , error will go away ;)

[quote=“aurangzebhaque, post:3, topic:22072”]

Maybe you need to take the UPS to an Exorcist rather than an electrician :rolleyes:

Aurangzeb

[/quote]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah.,... RFOLMAO.. :D