Showtime goes HD, channels disappear like MNET

My cable was showing 3 movie channels of ORbit Showtime who have now blanked, instead their is blank with a message that as of 25th july OSN has gone HD, leaving fewer options for cable operators as MNET channels like supersport stopped being shown before Soccer World Cup, now with MNET and SHowtime gone, cable operators have atask at hand of finding new movie channels as good as them.

OSN has moved to nilesat permanently with better encryption on their bouquet and on their HD reciever in order to control piracy issues which they have observed on Eurobird 2 which can be receivable in upper parts of Pakistan but nilesat can only be receivable in karachi. That's why cable operators are unable to catch nilesat signal and now its end of story. Regarding multichoice its quite complicated there are so many reasons behind it but one of the main reasons was that they were also forced to terminate C-Band on intelsat 10 cauz of piracy issues in Asia & Middle East specifically. We are only to blame ourselves for this and the future is not good as more and more networks are getting aware of piracy and creating steps to fight it or get away with it.

i only watch sports and news on tv... for the rest i have broadband so you can figure out the rest...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My cable was showing 3 movie channels of ORbit Showtime who have now blanked, instead their is blank with a message that as of 25th july OSN has gone HD, leaving fewer options for cable operators as MNET channels like supersport stopped being shown before Soccer World Cup, now with MNET and SHowtime gone, cable operators have atask at hand of finding new movie channels as good as them.
[/quote]

Dude which cable operator were you using and in which city? I haven’t seen or heard of mnet since late 2005 when PEMRA banned all South African entertainment channels. Yes, Supersport was and MM1 was still being shown on WC until the FIFA worldcup but that too disappeared as soon as it began.

Worldcall digital cable in lahore and islamabad which is actually same cauz the fiber is directly coming from lahore showed all of the mnet channels and osn channels untill may31st after which they have struggled to provide any quality channel since then. Mnet channels and osn channels were blocked by pemra exactly in 2005 cauz of landing rights isuue which pemra told way back then. But on worldcall digital cable these channels kept on coming untill they dissapeared. You can see all of the indian channels are banned on analog cable throughout Pakistan but worldcall digital cable is showing them. I talked about on this issue on my thread which named worldcall digital tv in Islamabad and i believe that was the main reason.

^^^are they still showing indian channels on digital cable?

^yup they are showing all of them. Star plus is coming and haven't been blocked once. I think atleast 15 channels are coming and like i said they are not bocked for a single day. Seriously its Pakistan my friend. No doubt on analog they are all gone but digital has continued smoothly.

then why aint they coming on PTCL's IPTV...they were so scary cats tht on urgent bases they discontinued these channels..!

ptcl is partly government owned that's why they were unable to show supersport as well when it was shown by the whole country. They have their restrictions so they will go by them. About worldcall i have already described in one of the other threads named worldcall digital t.v in islamabad, you can have a look at it.

thts why the channel arrangement on PTCL's IPTV somewat matches to PEMRAs arrangement also!

^now u get my point my friend. Any channel which has not yet taken landing rights is not allowed to be rebroadcasted by any one in that particular territory in the whole world and not only in Pakistan. I remember once applying for directv America on their website and actually then received a call form them the next day saying that they are sorry for not accepting me as a subscriber from Pakistan cauz they are not allowed to enter any territory outside their authorized as it violates international codes. So its pretty clear that every international channel we watch is lamost illegal here but it runs cauz we r not one of them.