Show PayPal you want them in Pakistan

Show PayPal that we need them to start their operations in Pakistan. Please sign this petition:

Add Pakistan As A Fully Supported PayPal Country

i m just curious, has any petition served by petitiononline.com has seen its destination or not?

The votebank shown by such sites doesn't hold any value.

I signed it.

PetitionOnline sent me an email to make one dollar donation through PayPal. How ironic! :D

For the petition:

Ham ko maloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin

dil ke behlaane ko Ghalib, ye khyal acha hai

I am signing all members are also requested to do so.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I signed it.

PetitionOnline sent me an email to make one dollar donation through PayPal. How ironic! :D

For the petition:

Ham ko maloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin

dil ke behlaane ko Ghalib, ye khyal acha hai

[/quote]

Haha! Exactly. I cracked up when I read the email :lol:

As for whether it’ll yield any results or not, well, what else can we do? The more noise we make, the better our chances of getting noticed.

Useless...

the petitions useless, what would be better is a email campaign. everyone just email them once every week, just dont spam them.

Dude there are 90% users in pakistan who would use paypal for illegal purpose and only 10% will make good use of it and ofcourse they dont want to be in loss =\

Dude there are 90% users in pakistan who would use paypal for illegal purpose and only 10% will make good use of it and ofcourse they dont want to be in loss =</div>[/quote]

What the heck you saying ? Can u tell me the illegal puposes of PayPal , it uses a very secure connection.

he doesn't know what hes talking about, paypal is a escrow service, meaning you buy something online pay for it through paypal and you have the option to deny payment if anything goes funky. its easy to use, and more secure than using your credit card.

Dude there are 90% users in pakistan who would use paypal for illegal purpose and only 10% will make good use of it and ofcourse they dont want to be in loss =</div>[/quote]

As long as they have enough verification in place, such as asking for ID card and/or other personal docs for identification of the linked credit card or bank account, it will be fine.

That’s an acceptable verification procedure nowadays, and not many may find it peculiar.

The day PayPal introduces service in Pakistan, expect eBay's stock to fall 20%.

It makes absolutely no business sense for them; the risks outweigh the benefits by considerable margins.

Those asking for PayPal in Pakistan have no idea how BAD (not even poor), the reputation Pakistan has in Europe and North America. I went to a trade show recently in Dubai, and you would not imagine the reactions that some of the vendors had to (a) learning that there are people such as me in Pakistan, trying to get something positive done and (B) that I actually moved TO Pakistan and I was still there considering I could leave at any time I want.

It takes a lot of spit and polish in order to just engage people beyond a cursory level*

It's quite sad, really.

*Unless you come bearing millions of dollars in cold, hard cash.

The day PayPal introduces service in Pakistan, expect eBay’s stock to fall 20%.

It makes absolutely no business sense for them; the risks outweigh the benefits by considerable margins.

Those asking for PayPal in Pakistan have no idea how BAD (not even poor), the reputation Pakistan has in Europe and North America. I went to a trade show recently in Dubai, and you would not imagine the reactions that some of the vendors had to (a) learning that there are people such as me in Pakistan, trying to get something positive done and (B) that I actually moved TO Pakistan and I was still there considering I could leave at any time I want.

It takes a lot of spit and polish in order to just engage people beyond a cursory level*

It’s quite sad, really.

*Unless you come bearing millions of dollars in cold, hard cash.

[/quote]

Very true. Facts on earth. Or in President’s words “Ground realities and root causes” (I don’t know how it fit here :D ).

No matter how many praises we do, how many times Mobilink plays “We are champion” song for March 23 (in their latest ad campaign). We are, what we are. We should accept the reality that we are in a third-world country that have a very bad reputation due to our own tolerance for Muslim terrorists.

I had lost (and still do) many western clients when they find out that I am a Muslim and I am from Pakistan.

Some say it’s people’s (private-sector) responsibility and some say it’s government’s (public-sector) to change our “bad” image. But it take a lot of sincere effort to develop a “good” image and just few fanatics to destroy a “good” image. :(

Long live Mullahs!

Fe-Aman Allah.

^ I've never had such stupid clients.

My experience with westerners and Americans is very different from you guys. They are some jolly good folks (at least most of whom I've met). In fact, when they find out that I'm from Pakistan they treat me with respect and ask me tell them about my country.

But on most occasions, I find their level of professionalism admirable. It doesn't matter to them if I am Muslim or !@#$ or whatever. If they want to do business with me they don't care about my race, background, and country.

(I remember one guy asking me if we lived in houses made of mud. I replied "yeah as much as you guys sleep with pigs". He never brought up that subject again :lol: )

@specter

What I described had nothing to do with racism, if it were, believe me you would have heard of it by now in the news =)

Instead what I was describing was the absolute lack of professionalism on part of many of our Pakistani compatriots in their dealings with foreign organizations. For example, there was this particular gentleman who said, "You know, I really want to believe you, but my history has shown that doing business in Pakistan is just a big headache.." I asked him why, and he flatly answered, in 13 years, I have had 12 distributors and now each of them is suing each other and I can't sell the product in Pakistan anymore.

Others just said that every year, there are a bunch of Pakistanis which come, express interest, move things forward then abruptly end their relationships when they can't get a *special* Pakistani discount on things...

It's just a sad state of affairs all round.

What does Pakistan's image have to do with paypal offering their services here? Its not like they have to physically come to Pakistan and set up some hardware...if they allow their service in Pakistan and people use it, this will only make them money...

I read on some other forum that they say that Pakistan's banking infrastructure is not up to the mark thats why they don't offer their services here...which does not make sense either because Moneybookers and Google Checkout both allow users from Pakistan... (not to mention many local banks do offer internet banking)

Signed :D

PayPal generally uses credit card address for verification. I think PayPal will fail in Pakistan because there is no address verification yet.

PayPal will never enter in Pakistan untill Mr. Zardari is our President.....! Believe me or not...But Always Negative Goodwill of Government contributes in Investment and FDI Disaster Factor!

PayPal will never enter in Pakistan untill Mr. Zardari is our President…! Believe me or not…But Always Negative Goodwill of Government contributes in Investment and FDI Disaster Factor!
[/quote]

thats not dependent upon the issue " President of Pakistan " , i am using Moneybookers for 3 yearz now and its services are superb after ebay + moneybookers link many buyers and sellers are getting registered at ebay as its bit cheap compared to paypal inshallah i hope soon Moneybookers will get dominancy , my 90% clients use paypal so for payment i usually request them to send via western union online or via moneygram and request all clients from USA to use moneygram as every American who have paypal can send by moneygram .

regarding the topic of this post i signed that petition 3-4 times but i dont think it will work there have been some very sucessfull petitions compaign like i remebered there was petition signed by people of italy against mobile companies to display calling rates correctly and that case was won .