Should we have a WiredPakistan Blood Donor Directory?

Have your say in the poll above... :)

The idea is to have volunteers on WP residing in various cities across Pakistan (and elsewhere) who are willing to voluntarily donate blood (free of charge). WP member(s) needing blood can post in such a thread with the requirement.

Contact method will preferably be PM. If there is support for this idea, participants can decide what procedure to adopt to smoothly run things for such a thread. e.g. Listing of donors, which info to post publicly, contact method/procedure, etc.

It can be a good act of activism and community volunteerism. :)

That's indeed a great idea - JazakAllah

I will be first one to participate, I am based in Islamabad.

My Blood Group is A+

[quote=", post:2, topic:15133"]

That’s indeed a great idea - JazakAllah

I will be first one to participate, I am based in Islamabad.

My Blood Group is A+

[/quote]

Great!

Please don’t post details yet. If the idea takes, I will make a separate thread for listing the pertinent info.

I will be more than happy to donate my blood btw great Idea

My group is O negative (universal blood type)

Bump. Vote! :)

Poll will be closed on 20110730. :)

Seems no one has any objection to the idea so we will likely go ahead with it.

Which info would potential donors want to put in the thread?

Name, gender, ABO group, location (city), etc? Any other info needed?

That's really a good idea.

My Blood group is B+, Location Geneva.

Donated blood 4 times. So i'm ready to donate once again.

B+ here.

2 timz alread d0nated.

If any0ne need thn do cntct.

[quote=“Asad, post:, topic:”]

The idea is to have volunteers on WP residing in various cities across Pakistan (and elsewhere) who are willing to voluntarily donate blood (free of charge).
[/quote]

indeed very noble and good deed, i think every person with good health should donate at least one bottle worth of blood every month.

[quote=“Asad, post:, topic:”]
It can be a good act of activism and community volunteerism. :)
[/quote]

100% agree with you!ohhhhhh… but wait Asad, what you are going to do about the biggest obstacle called “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” which is hell bent on destroying all the good act of activism and community volunteerism you are talking about…

well i am not a doctor but i think as a non medical person i know this much for storage blood need to be kept in certain constant temperature until used, when the “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” turn of electricity of major cities of Pakistan for 3 to 5 “days” straight without any prior notice to even hospitals and 8 to 10 hour load shedding in a given day is a norm. And I don’t think majority of hospitals don’t have the resources of backup generators and those mid level hospitals who do have some sort of electric generating capacity then they don’t have that kind of financial strength to burn diesel 8 to 10 hours straight in one go. and then one is left with ubber rich few private hospitals catering to less than 4% of elite of any given big city may be able to pull off 16+ hours of blackouts in single stretch.

me and others want to donate blood with good intentions, but at the same time i don’t want to have the feeling that blood got tainted or stale since blood bank with their all good intentions was not able to kept in constant temp due to “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” and someone could die due to that blood.

sometimes i think about to donate blood at the time of crisis or need i mean leave the my info with hospital or blood bank and when they need my type of blood then i’ll simply go and donate resulting in someone getting fresh untainted blood right on the spot.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:10, topic:15133”]

indeed very noble and good deed, i think every person with good health should donate at least one bottle worth of blood every month.

[/quote]

Blood (RBC) cannot be donated each month. It is recommended to wait for 2 months (US), 3-4 months (Pakistan) and 6 months (UK) between donation of blood (RBC).

Plasma donation can be made more regularly since it takes far lesser time to recreate in the body.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

100% agree with you!ohhhhhh… but wait Asad, what you are going to do about the biggest obstacle called “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” which is hell bent on destroying all the good act of activism and community volunteerism you are talking about…

well i am not a doctor but i think as a non medical person i know this much for storage blood need to be kept in certain constant temperature until used, when the “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” turn of electricity of major cities of Pakistan for 3 to 5 “days” straight without any prior notice to even hospitals and 8 to 10 hour load shedding in a given day is a norm. And I don’t think majority of hospitals don’t have the resources of backup generators and those mid level hospitals who do have some sort of electric generating capacity then they don’t have that kind of financial strength to burn diesel 8 to 10 hours straight in one go. and then one is left with ubber rich few private hospitals catering to less than 4% of elite of any given big city may be able to pull off 16+ hours of blackouts in single stretch.

me and others want to donate blood with good intentions, but at the same time i don’t want to have the feeling that blood got tainted or stale since blood bank with their all good intentions was not able to kept in constant temp due to “GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN” and someone could die due to that blood.

sometimes i think about to donate blood at the time of crisis or need i mean leave the my info with hospital or blood bank and when they need my type of blood then i’ll simply go and donate resulting in someone getting fresh untainted blood right on the spot.

[/quote]

You could have just highlighted the concern without your typical pessimism. Nearly all major blood banks have adequate resources to keep blood safe for use. This thread is also more to deal with blood donation on need basis rather than donating for storage.

^

Just for your asking i visited two hospitals which are in my vicinity, South City which registered my info right away and the other Ziauuddin told me to come in the day time due to ramadan they do the registration only in day time working hours, i'll pay them visit tommorow....

We were on trip to murree , when me and my friends first time donated blood.There was a camp in hotel for effected people of sawat Valley n we all 4 friends donated n in return they gave us imported grapes juice lol :lol: i wish i could donate one more bottle for that delicious juice :rolleyes: Between I'm O Positive .

A new thread lists the donor details:

All members willing to be listed as donors are requested to post their details in the new thread linked above.

This thread is now being closed.