Should i buy this laptop?

Okay i am going to buy this Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, here are the specs:

Model: Amilo Pa 2548

Processor: 2.2 AMD Dual core Turion 64 X2

Ram: 2Gb

Hard Disk: 320Gb

Video Memory: DDR2 SDRAM - 128 MB

Webcam, Mic, Wifi, etc

The Condition is not so shinny, i mean it looks used. and according to the seller it has above 1 hour battery time, now there is one thing i am really concerned about that i doesn't have the plastic key of space and page up/down. The seller says he lost these keys and can't have time to repair. Anyway the circuit works only keys missing.

Now i need your suggestion about this machine should i buy it? because i don't know its repair able or not, and what should be the fair price for it?

price should be 5K to max 8K........... why you going to buy it with no keys ?

hmmmm, i didn't knew that it had no keys before seeing it, the seller never mentioned it. :( and are you sure for 8K? i mean he is asking like 20k :-s

many people looks first battery lifes when purchasing laptops as you told it has less then 1 hour so it decrease half of its total price and for keys you might have to buy whole new key pad for it and it will cost you around above 2.5K + installation 1K (or DIY)

+it not looks shiny

+ Amd

+Fujistu laptops looks very ugly

+ it could be some low quality built Made in Malaysia

I'll suggest you leave it

جو حکم جناب۔

don't buy it.

Don't buy it. Its a while elephant. :D

Huh! just leave it...

If you are having a plan to buy some used laptop.. Then there is lot of used latitudes and precisions (with moderate specs) in Hafeez Center. you might get nice sets in 20k to 25k. Must visit there...

حفیظ سینٹر والوں کا اعتبار کوئی نہیں

:(

I say get an IBM. Rock Solid performer for me uptill now and it has one of the best keyboard i have ever used.

If someones selling a latop for 3-5k.. lemme know.. i'm planning to build a homemade digital photoframe C:

Oh ye it maybe any decent laptop with a gud screen which can ateast run xp..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

حفیظ سینٹر والوں کا اعتبار کوئی نہیں

:(

[/quote]

اعتبار تو مجھے بھی نہیں

But I don’t trust “used” products, so never I buy it, no mater I buy it from whom.

I guess at least from Hafeez Center you would have a wide choice to choose from. It will surely be a better option than the one you were thinking to buy.

Fujitsu Siemens is the only brand which comes originally from Germany. Like all other brands, they also have from low range to very high end laptops. Amil Pro was not a very high end machines by them, but their other high range machines are just as good as many other top brands. In Pakistan, most of people are not aware of many good machines out there, like Fujitsu Siemens and Asus.

Asus's high end machines are real quality products.

Anyhow, as the brand is not well known in Pakistan, and most likely you will not get the keys which are missing, so in that case buy it ONLY if you want to take the advantage of battery power during load shedding, if its actually one hour left.

Amada, above said the right price i.e. somewhere between 5-8k. (only if the battery is actually 1hr+, coz otherwise buy a used desktop).

what is owners demand. I think its useless bcz keys not available and what is guarantee for this laptop. I prefer you buy New laptop ,bcz I dont trust on Used Laptops or Mobiles

What about this one?

Model: HP-NC6400

Processor: Intel T7200 Core2Duo

Ram: 2GB

Harddisk: 60Gb

Battery: 1.5Hour

Condition 9/10

what is owners demand. I think its useless bcz keys not available and what is guarantee for this laptop. I prefer you buy New laptop ,bcz I dont trust on Used Laptops or Mobiles
[/quote]

He was asking 19000, but thanks to WP members i didn’t bought that machine :P

What about this one?

Model: HP-NC6400

Processor: Intel T7200 Core2Duo

Ram: 2GB

Harddisk: 60Gb

Battery: 1.5Hour

Condition 9/10

[/quote]

Comparatively better choice. Whats the demand? should be between 20-25k. Only thing is the hard disk, which you can upgrade anytime later.