Should I buy cell phone with WIFI?

Dear Friends

I am interested to buy new cell phone and can't decide whether I buy cell phone with WIFI technology or not.

Please advise me.

No , its Wi-Fi require Wi-Fi spots which are not available in Pakistan ( May be some at the airport for international users.) You can buy the N73 or N95.

In my opinion E serious good and if without WIFI than nokia 6120 clasic is better, which is latest phone and not costly as N95

If you already have Wifi at home and/or at work, then getting a Wifi phone makes sense. You will save costs on GPRS. Otherwise, get a non-wifi phone but with Edge support.

WiFi on a cellphone is not very useful. When you need to use the internet u will never be near Wifi, and when u are near Wifi you might as well use a pc.

wel according to my info Mobilink is going to Launch WiFi with 4 -5 months. so you can use broadband Wifi in your cell phone after some time.

Mobilink is launching Wimax, not Wifi - two very different things.

If you have a WiFi cell phone, Here are the places you can use internet on your mobile if you are in Pakistan:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=486

If you really need WiFi, Get a wireless router and set it up with your DSL connection like i have. Then you can use WiFi at your home. No point really, you might as well use DSL on y our computer then No?

I am buy cell for long term and dont change now and than. Now days wifi spots not available in Pakistan or have very less. But if wifi spots available in future or near future than would not it be useful and I dont have to buy new cell phone.

And if buy with wifi and no hotsports available in future than it would be really waste of money. Nokia 6120classic availabe at less than Rs. 14,000/- and E-51 available at less than Rs. 19,000/- and both sets almost identical but differance is about Rs. 5,000/- just to have wifi.

mobilink is Launching Wifi while Link dot net launch Wimax. Wifi is for mobile

^ Mobilink is not launching Wifi. if you are so insistent, please bring some proof of your statements.

Mobilink is not launching WiFi.

mfa6464, Go through the thread i posted in my earlier post. It has a list of all the Wifi Hotspots in Karachi. Most of the Universities also have WiFi these days so if you're in a University then great you might be able to use it there. Even Cams (Collage of Accounting and Management Sciences) has Wifi in the Bath Island campus

I would recommend you actually use Wifi on someone else's phone first. Its very different from internet on your home computer. Its fairly slow, very annoying with the small cell phone screen and largely impractical. Don't get it unless you absolutely need Wifi.

wel one of my friend working in mobilink and he told me that i should purchase blackbery as mobilink now going to launch Wifi within 4 -6 months and WE people would get better speed. it is sure.................

False information

A lot of the discussion in this thread is reminiscent of my experience earlier today. A mobile shop sales guy kept arguing persistently that there's no manufacturing plant in India. I believe there's no point in being dogmatic and assertive of opinions/rumors.

IMHO, I second what sah had to say.

your friend working at mobilink is obviously mixing up wifi and wimax.. or who knows maybe Mobilink will be the prime sponsor for that Baytaar(free wifi network)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

your friend working at mobilink is obviously mixing up wifi and wimax… or who knows maybe Mobilink will be the prime sponsor for that Baytaar(free wifi network)
[/quote]

If Baytarr come in market or some other company than it would be good to get wifi enable cell phone but as sah it is slow. I dont have any practical experince of using wifi nor any of my closed friend has wifi enable cell phone.

I need more feed back from you all.

Thanks

buy a cellphone that has wifi coz an extra feature wont hurt

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

buy a cellphone that has wifi coz an extra feature wont hurt
[/quote]

But that will cost around Rs. 5,000/-