Shophive Price Match Policy

Has anyone here had the occasion to use Shophive's price match policy?

How was the response?

Did they match the low price elsewhere or merely reduced it slightly?

Care to give some background info (or some link) please? :)

http://www.shophive.com/shophive/price_matching_policy.html

I wanted to get the Coolermaster Extreme Power 460W PSU from Shophive (PKR3890) which Galaxy is selling for PKR3300. I wasn't able to find a price matching policy on their website but recalled seeing a banner for that a long time back. I emailed them inquiring about said policy and they sent the link above.

I gave them the details and they took their time in replying with an offer of PKR3500. This was PKR200 above Galaxy's price. I asked for price "matching" but they haven't replied since.

Due to the delay in reply from them (or maybe they were ignoring my email), I opted to get a Thermaltake Lite Power 450W PSU instead.

Hence, I was asking if anyone else here has had the pleasure of having to deal with Shophive regarding their price matching policy.

an example of deceptive marketing

There is no accountability here so every shopkeeper thinks he can do whatever he pleases :angry:

Lame excuses...Channel ka maal....Grey ka maal.

Generally, I have good experience shopping with Shophive. I have given them extensive business in the past and they couldn't be bothered about being more quick about replying, nor about actually matching the price of a competitor per their own policy.

Clearly, quick customer service and their own website policies are not a matter of priority for them, which was a disappointment for me and left a bad taste. <_<

No wonder I find customer service from US companies far more refreshing. I can only hope a customer service oriented approach is adopted by the e-retailers here. :mellow:

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:15109”]

Generally, I have have good experience shopping with Shophive. I have given them extensive business in the past and they couldn’t be bothered about being more quick about replying, nor about actually matching the price of a competitor per their own policy.

Clearly, quick customer service and their own website policies are not a matter of priority for them, which was a disappointment for me and left a bad taste. <_<

No wonder I find customer service from US companies far more refreshing. I can only hope a customer service oriented approach is adopted by the e-retailers here. :mellow:

[/quote]

I can give you one more example, Sony Bravia KDL-40EX710 is LED priced 107000 at Hyper Start and at shophive it says 111990, while i bought the same model from original Sony Center for 93000 only, rest you can imagine yourself.

And secondly about customer service. Don’t comapre !@#$'s customer service to US ones :D

So, I finally received a reply from Shophive again.

Apparently, they added shipping cost (PKR200?!?!) for it on top of Galaxy price since according to them, Galaxy does not include shipping price. This, despite their website stating "free shipping in Pakistan". Shipping isn't so 'free' after all at Shophive. :rolleyes: I can understand where they are coming from, but it's in very bad taste. <_<

I even got a much better offer from Media Intl. (compared to Shophive) locally on the same PSU so +1 for Media Intl.

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:15109”]

Generally, I have good experience shopping with Shophive. I have given them extensive business in the past and they couldn’t be bothered about being more quick about replying, nor about actually matching the price of a competitor per their own policy.

[/quote]

Well this is Pakistan and no one uses email here. What did you expect? You should have tried calling them.

And BTW Galaxy is the authorized dealer for cooler master and antec. No one can beat their price because they are the ones supplying everyone else :)