Shiro Modem is broken, how to replace?

AoA All,

I have a Shiro modem, last night when I pressed its power button , it didn't turned on. After plugging its adapter to do different power socket s, I realized problem is with my modem not with socket.

I am still under 12 months contract , so can you guyz plz describe me that what is the procedure of replacement of modem ?

Should I call 1236 or go to my exchange ?

Plz advise my fastest approach to replace the modem and will I get Shiro or any other modem ?

Thanks.

Maverick

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AoA All,

I have a Shiro modem, last night when I pressed its power button , it didn’t turned on. After plugging its adapter to do different power socket s, I realized problem is with my modem not with socket.

I am still under 12 months contract , so can you guyz plz describe me that what is the procedure of replacement of modem ?

Should I call 1236 or go to my exchange ?

Plz advise my fastest approach to replace the modem and will I get Shiro or any other modem ?

Thanks.

Maverick

[/quote]

Just call 1236 and be straight up with them. Say that your modem isn’t turning on and then they need to replace it ASAP. Besides Shiro, PTCL offers either the Huawei or Zyxel, although it’s really up to their provisioning department as to what they replace yours with.

OK Thanks,

And what is the replacement policy of PTCL ? I have lost the splitter which comes with modem , so would it be a problem ?

Maverick.

they dont replace splitter..u have to buy your own! would cost around 350Rs.

well the fastest is way is to go to ur exchange wid ur box and recipt and tell em the situation n then if u didnt break any contract policies they provide u a new router (do remember to get the settings and config n #$%#)