Shippment from amazon and indian sites

Hi ppl,

I want to order books from amazon and even more preferably from the indian based site flipkart.com. Please help me with any of the following questions that you may be able to answer:

i) I have heard that you have to pick up the orders from GPO yourself after paying the customs duties. Is this true, coz I live at least 200 km from my nearest GPO?

ii) How long do book orders take to arrive from amazon?

iii) Has any of you guys ever successfully ordered and received orders from flipkart.com? Any successful experiences with online ordering from any Indian based sites?

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

crap, i think i posted in the wrong forum. mods, please transfer this to general discussion forum. I know i'm never going to get a reply here. PLEASE!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i) I have heard that you have to pick up the orders from GPO yourself after paying the customs duties. Is this true, coz I live at least 200 km from my nearest GPO?
[/quote]

On EMS shipments, yes.

EMS = express mail shipment?? how long does other kind of shipping take?

Depends on source and destination countries alongside the actual shipping agency involved.

can you give me a ball-park? say using the most common shipping method, whatever it is.... maybe normal airmail. how long will it take approximately? a week, a month, a season?

and just clarifying, if I don't select EMS on amazon, the package will arrive at my address, right?

Air Parcel takes 1.5 to 2 times more time than EMS but it gets delivered to the address instead of going to pick it up. Air Mail can take up to 3-4 times as long as EMS.

Thanks alot brother, for taking the time!

About indian sites, anyone? It was stupid of me to ask about flipkart.com before reading their faq; they don't do international orders at all. infibeam.com, however, definitely accepts international orders and has all the stuff I want. So, again, please post if you have any experience with infibeam or some other such indian site.