Shipping To Pakistan by USPS Priority Mail [Risky?]

what i really want to know is either

i have to go custom officers for my parcel

or

i have to wait for Pakistan postal service to provide it at my home?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ not really you need ID card proff to get your item from customs.
[/quote]

OK,i got it!

Guys, USPS website will only say Parcel has left. It gets updated when the parcel reaches its destination. No info. is ever updated in their system in between. Tracking number is to find out if the package has reached its destination.

Guys, USPS website will only say Parcel has left. It gets updated when the parcel reaches its destination. No info. is ever updated in their system in between. Tracking number is to find out if the package has reached its destination.
[/quote]

so,what i have to do in between is “WAIT”

well i think tracking no is confidential!

is it? ;)

[/quote]

You really are new to getting items from abroad, aren’t you? :rolleyes:

Forget USPS. If you have the tracking number, go to http://www.ep.gov.pk and use your tracking number there to track your parcel.

Or else, use this site: http://www.track-trace.com/post

Track in both; US and Pakistan.

You really are new to getting items from abroad, aren’t you? :rolleyes:

Forget USPS. If you have the tracking number, go to http://www.ep.gov.pk and use your tracking number there to track your parcel.

[/quote]

yup,its my first experience!!!

and secondly the site above and this site “http://www.track-trace.com/post” finally take me to USPS site!!!

The information there is just that the Parcel left USA.

Did you track its progress in Pakistan as I told you to? :/

If your confused about usps tracking then here is the information of my shipped item. it was shipped using usps express and delivered to door by post man.

tracking number : EC671221908US

usps priority does not deliver i think you have to go custom office.

Did you track its progress in Pakistan as I told you to? :confused:
[/quote]

yes,i go GPO Islamabad!!!

they told me contact International mail office,Chaklala.

so upon contacting they told the status in Pakistan that the parcel will be in Pakistan in about 10 days!!!

i have to contact them again in about 3-4 days.

[0519280883]

thnx!!!

oh good this thread is still alive

Hey guys I want to know, what happens to incoming international parcels which may have incomplete address, do Pakistan Post hold them for some time or do they send them back ?

Hey guys I want to know, what happens to incoming international parcels which may have incomplete address, do Pakistan Post hold them for some time or do they send them back ?
[/quote]

Define incomplete i.e. house no.? street.no? area? what’s missing?

missing only the building number and apartment number; the rest is complete.

^ I believe it will come to your local post office, won't be returned before that so you may ask the local post office staff about it.

I ordered a Cell phone through Ebay. The tracking says this.

International Dispatch, February 21, 2011, 6:59 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

When I should expect it? Should I got to my local post office in a day or two ?

I ordered something recently myself and it was shipped by USPS Express Mail International.

February 17, 2011 9:21 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS), International Dispatch

and I received it today (23 Feb) - that's 5 working days - matches Fedex/UPS economy delivery times!!! surprised since last time (2 years ago?) I used USPS Express Mail International, it took about 2 weeks to get here. Plus, back then you could not know the status after it left USA but now they do. Once it gets to Pakistan, it can be checked here:

http://ep.gov.pk/ (International Tracking on top right corner)

The tracking information on above Pak site is a bit confusing though but it will show up when its scanned into Pakistan's Post system i.e. comes in to country so you will know.

EngeL, hope that helps plus DO tell when you get your package so we have a record of the duration people receive it here + also tell if they charge you any custom. The product I ordered is a small computer part, valued @ 40 US$ (real). They marked it as gift with 2 US$ value. The package was in small USPS box and no signs of it being opened for checking/customs purposes in Pakistan.

and you paid by Paypal? If not then let me know the seller, in case its a proper shop that accepts Credit Cards (Pakistani).

The postman who brought it took signature + name + CNIC number of the signatory and also, I think this was to be delivered yesterday as per their schedule/expected time? It may have arrived to the GPO in my city but not sent here because of timings - 4 days delivery is perhaps possible in big cities. Since this is the latest information from USPS tracking:

Class: Express Mail International®

We attempted to deliver your item in PAKISTAN at 4:37 pm on February 22, 2011.

Detailed Results:

* Attempted Delivery Abroad, February 22, 2011, 4:37 pm, PAKISTAN

* International Dispatch, February 17, 2011, 9:21 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

* Arrival

* Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 16, 2011

Surprised and impressed with the speed...

-----

Got the following from USPS website for Express Mail International... (Hope Priority Mail is as fast)

Notes:

1. Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Express Mail International shipments to Pakistan.

2. Express Mail International shipments mailed to Pakistan may not contain valuable consumer products, such as mobile telephones, watches, fountain pens, cameras, eyeglasses, and toys.

Reciprocal Service Name: Data Post

Country Code: PK

Areas Served:

Abbottabad

Attock

Bahawalpur

Dera Ghazi Khan

Dera Ismail Khan

Faisalabad

Gilgit

Gujranwala

Gujrat

Hyderabad

Islamabad

Jhang

Jhelum

Karachi

Kasur

Kotri

Lahore

Larkana

Mardan

Mripur (AK) GPO

Multan

Muzaffarabad

Peshawar

Quetta

Rahim Yar Khan

Rawalpindi

Sahiwal

Sargodha

Sialkot

Sukkur

Taxila

Toba

Tek Singh

Wah Cantt

[/quote]

^^^ Delivery to other cities also take place through GPO's in above cities i.e. they forward it to the concerned post office.

Joker more details please. Which site did you order from? how did you pay them? A $40 computer part sounds like a RAM stick.