Shelter to protect VVIPs from nuclear disaster

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2008%5C12%5C22%5Cstory_22-12-2008_pg7_11

The government is planning to build a facility to provide shelter to ‘VVIPs’ in case of a nuclear, biological or chemical attack, war, a nuclear accident or any other severe disaster, sources familiar with the plan told Daily Times on Sunday.

They said the Rs 8 billion facility will be built in the federal capital with technical assistance from foreign experts including from Japan, and is expected to withstand an accident of unprecedented nature.

The proposed National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) complex will house the shelter and a National Emergency Operation Centre (NEOC). The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has agreed in principle to allot 50 kanals in Sector G-5 for the project.

According to the National Disaster Management Ordinance of 2006, the national institute – and its provincial, district and local subsidiaries – will provide advisory and consultative services with the help of security experts to enhance the disaster response management capacity.

The experts will create training modules, prepare management structure, impart training, facilitate public awareness activities and undertake research activities in the disaster mitigation area.

Deliberations on the construction of the facility are still in progress, the sources said, and National Disaster Management Authority Chairman Lt Gen ® Farooq Ahmad Khan had briefed President Asif Zardari about the shelter in a recent meeting.

But the Interior Ministry has quoted the Islamabad traffic SSP as having expressed reservations on the proposed location of the complex in Sector G-5, which houses a number of embassies. The Traffic Office has suggested shifting the location to Sector H-12.

Rs. 8 billion!!! Just consider who many days of bread this money can provide to extremely poor Pakistanis? Those Pakistanis who can't even earn one dollar a day (UN definition of poor). We have +40% such poor Pakistanis.

But question is, these VVIP will be in their bunker, but who is going to save us? Angels?

It doesn't matter in my opinion. Because if one's time has come, he will die no matter what he uses as protection. And I also believe, Whatever that doesn't kill u, simply makes u stranger. ;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It doesn’t matter in my opinion. Because if one’s time has come, he will die no matter what he uses as protection. And I also believe, Whatever that doesn’t kill u, simply makes u stranger. ;)
[/quote]

Nukes definitely take out millions of people. The people who will start war (top line people) will simply be safe in their dark corners under earth and we are going to pay the price :(

It doesn’t matter in my opinion. Because if one’s time has come, he will die no matter what he uses as protection. And I also believe, Whatever that doesn’t kill u, simply makes u stranger. ;)
[/quote]

but my bro damn rulers will never understand this…begging for mercy n running away shouting for security to live a coward life

there is a simple way to save your self from atomic bomb

"go undergound" because the nuclear rays and energy travels only on surface.......

What do u do after saving ur life, when nothing left, No Shelters / Underground thing helps coz Radiation left for years ,

^ after they survive the attack they will simply be evacuated and majority of our beloved rulers already have comfy homes abroad... :D

but I hope this plan gets canceled, (along with the new GHQ)...

save your life for being pensioner ha ha ha this is sh*t ..:P. y not fight for give n take base :D

save your life for being pensioner ha ha ha this is sh*t …:P. y not fight for give n take base :D
[/quote]

Fight like Afghanistan and Iraq? They were also shouting “fight for it” with AK47 but within a month neither Afghanistan nor Iraq succeed. Name whatever reason but ground reality is both countries lost war.

If Pakistan and India has full fledged war for more than two weeks, there is more likely chance that both sides might use nukes. Whoever use nukes, people (not leaders) are going to suffer even with your “fight for it” with AK47.

Don’t forget 1971 war and Kargil war. Whatever reason we give for our failure, ground reality is that Pakistan we did lost those two wars. Not to mention that outcome of 1965 war was a stalemate (we neither lost any area nor gain any area). Only in 1948 war we had half-victory (we got about 25% area of Kashmir).

Having looking on our previous war history, slogan “fight for it” and “Allah Akbar” won’t going to help us in battle field. It’s the guns, missiles, jets, ships, tanks, ammunition, food and the biggest money (which we don’t have as foreign reserves), that work in a war.

I don’t have high hopes. If we have a full fledged war with India, we are not going to win. Emotions aside, that’s a ground reality. Face it!

^but war is inevitable.

Pakistan will be raided by a combined military of the kafir world. Don't you see the future maps of Pakistan circling around in western newspapers in which they have mentioned the NWFP and tribal areas as part of Afghanistan, Gilgit and AJK as part of India or an independent state, and a Greater Blochistan including also the Bloch area of Iran. And finally not to forget Sindh, both MQM and PPP are very vocal of eliminating borders with India, and Altaf Hussain (may Allah put him in Hell) deeply loves India.

Are we really at war? Are we really going to loose? Are we all going to die?

DELETED. sah: Your post contained material which was alarmist and unnecessary. I also urge others to not indulge in politics or this thread will be closed. Thanks.

^but war is inevitable.

Pakistan will be raided by a combined military of the kafir world. Don’t you see the future maps of Pakistan circling around in western newspapers in which they have mentioned the NWFP and tribal areas as part of Afghanistan, Gilgit and AJK as part of India or an independent state, and a Greater Blochistan including also the Bloch area of Iran. And finally not to forget Sindh, both MQM and PPP are very vocal of eliminating borders with India, and Altaf Hussain (may Allah put him in Hell) deeply loves India.

[/quote]

i have also seen a future map where kabul is a part of pakistan :expressionless:

been hearing these conspiracy theories since gawd knows when. according to CIA pakistan should have broken up by 2007, didnt happen, now they say 2011 or whatever.

have faith in Allah dost. everythings gonna be fine.

on the topic, Bloody Elites!

Don't forget about those 313 soldiers of Islam who fought the war of BADR. They were ALSO short of money, weapons and other sources....but their faith on their Teacher(SAW) and Allah was like UNBELIEVABLE. They proved and created an example of Ultimate Winning, for each of us! We lack in faith in Allah. That's it! Muslims need TRUE faith in Allah to fight and WIN just ANY war [which is in the benefit of others].

I can see that day, on which history will repeat itself....

Hey frnds relax, there isnt going to be a war. Coz it wil cost both the countries dearly, irrespective of the result of the war.

Just the escalation of 2002 cost both countries billions.

If india goes to war now, its aim of becoming regnl econ nd mil pwr wil be delyd by at least 25 yrs.

Moreover, war in this regn isnt in the interst of globl pwrs. So relax its pwr diplmcy.

It probably wont happen. The period for attacking is really over now. Its all dying down now despite what you may think. India is just harassing us but alas, it will not end at war. Also, even if they had declared war earlier, it would proove more deadly to india the pakistan. If for example we did nuke india, taking out even one of their cities will throw their plans off like poster Godfather mentioned.

Don’t forget about those 313 soldiers of Islam who fought the war of BADR. They were ALSO short of money, weapons and other sources…but their faith on their Teacher(SAW) and Allah was like UNBELIEVABLE. They proved and created an example of Ultimate Winning, for each of us! We lack in faith in Allah. That’s it! Muslims need TRUE faith in Allah to fight and WIN just ANY war [which is in the benefit of others].

I can see that day, on which history will repeat itself…

[/quote]

wat faith our military personnel has these days. America is there God… American Present is their ultimate King… They should obey him like Muslims used to obey Muhammad (Peace be upon him)… Liquor is HalalZina is entertainment… and so on

See the example of Saddam Hussain’s military, it counted to perhaps more than 5 hundred thousand, but where did this huge military go when Iraq was invaded in 2003??? A lot of those have now been included in the new Iraqi military, which is the #$%# of US military.

Must remember that these so called soldiers are just paid servants and nothing else. They have nothing to do with Islam or with Pakistan. They have just joined military for their worldly desires. And this is true in general for non-commissioned officers and 100% true for commissioned officers.

Must remember that these so called soldiers are just paid servants and nothing else.
[/quote]

…yet they’re still the ones willing to fight to defend the country while you’re sitting here on your behind biotching about everything under the sun. I’m not saying every soldier in the Army joined because they wanted to protect the country and had no other reason or motivation for joining - I’m saying whatever their motives are, the people in the military are the first to act (or react) to any and all sorts of situations that threaten the country or its people. The least you (not you specifically, people who talk like you in general) could do is acknowledge the fact and for once admit to what the military does for the country and appreciate them for that.

wat faith our military personnel has these days. America is there God… American Present is their ultimate King… They should obey him like Muslims used to obey Muhammad (Peace be upon him)… Liquor is Halal… Zina is entertainment… and so on
[/quote]

Isn’t that true for all portions of society? Why do people run for American citizenship? Is the American President not the most powerful man on Earth? Isn’t alcohol common here everywhere? Is prostitution, dances, gambling…everything that has been frowned upon in Islam…not commonplace here?

I’m not saying that makes it all right, I’m saying you can’t just place the blame for this mindset on the military.

As for nuclear war, I think any country (rather, its leaders) would be insane to do it. It won’t happen, and worrying about it constantly is only going to stress people out. “Surgical” airstrikes (as targeted attacks are referred to), are a possibility I think. No large-scale war, though.