Sharing of PTCL DSL from PC to Mobile

Is is possible to Sharing of PTCL DSL from PC to Mobile? If Yes, How?

Do you have Windows 7? Then use a software called Connectify. It will make a wireless router by using your internet connection so that you can access the internet thru WiFi on your mobile. Try here:

http://www.connectify.me/

Only if you a laptop PC, you can use it as a wifi hotspot and connect your mobile through wifi to the laptop.

Is there any other methods (using a usb data cable) to share PC internet with Android Mobile?

I have Nokia 6120c, what is method for it?

[quote=“zed2, post:5, topic:16140”]

I have Nokia 6120c, what is method for it?

[/quote]

Does it have WiFi? If yes, then use the method above that i told you.

@ozmayne

google it!

@zed

google it!

with following serach words

"reverse thetering"

"pdanet"

"share pc internet on mobile usb data cable"

have a nice day

Erm... you know, you can always make an ad-hoc network on Windows (XP/Vista/7) or on Linux, and use that as your access point. Works just as well, is for free, and is built-in to Windows, WITHOUT the need of installing any app.

[quote=“armada, post:7, topic:16140”]

@ozmayne

google it!

@zed

google it!

with following serach words

“reverse thetering”

“pdanet”

“share pc internet on mobile usb data cable”

have a nice day

[/quote]

google brought me to this post… :P

why not get a wireless router instead of keeping your PC on to work as a WiFi hotspot

Cheap Solution:

Use Connectify

easier to setup..... you only need a wifi USB antenna (tenda is good and cheap) ... if you are using laptop then use connectify for a complete free solution...

Stable (expandable) Solution:

Use Wireless router bro... cost around 1500-2000 rs

Gosh, I don't know why you guys aren't aware of the fact that you can make (and use) ad hoc networks within Windows - for free, no extra software etc.

Create a new ad-hoc network. Name it whatever you want, and encrypt it as well (if you want).

Next, go to your LAN connection, right click, share the connection.

The ad hoc network's IP address will change to 169.254.xxx.xxx - that's NORMAL. There are only a few IP ranges that you can use for local networks. I don't know which ones, so I gave up trying and left it to the normal one.

And you're done. When you want to enable wireless networking, you'll have to connect to the created ad hoc network each time.

You can do the same thing in Linux as well - except it's a bit more friendlier there (!), and you don't need additional software - and it works on all wireless cards, including those that Connectify doesn't support.

If you want to connect to another wireless network (for browsing etc), you'll note that it won't work - for that, you should insert the IP address mentioned above (the 169.254.xxx.xxx) into the "alternate IP address" field in the TCP/IP settings (incluing the DNS/subnet/gateway/whatever settings there are) and leave the "default IP settings" tab as "automatic".

What this does, basically, is this: when you connect to a wireless network,it tries to get an IP address from the wifi router. If it does, it uses it and you're good to go. But - when you connect to the ad hoc network you created (make sure you SAVE the network if and when it asks you), it'll be unable to get an IP address (cause you're not connecting to a router, but to yourself). After one minute, it'll switch to the "alternate IP config".

If you last used an ad hoc network successfully with teh 169.254.xxx.xxx IP address and want to connect to a normal network, for one minute, it'll use the 169.254.xxx.xxx network range, and then switch over to the router's given IP address.

Just make sure that your phone supports ad hoc networking. Android phones do support ad hoc networks - but with a patch (that takes two seconds at most, flashable from recovery). Symbian phones support ad hoc networks.

Thanks for your idea...