Sharing my PC over the internet?

Is it possible for me to via my files (like i do on LAN) over the internet? Lets say i have my PC turned on at my home and i want to access some files from my Laptop at my office. Is there any software which can allow me to do that?

Thanks.

there is many option u can do this via Remote Desktop Connection or try some software like ftp shearing m use to of it in your situation i wud prefer Ftp shearing software i have one and its name "Www File Share Pro v5.0"

try this it will help you :)

if you need any kind of help feel free to ask

one think more in both solution u must have to know your live ip u can get this from there

http://www.whatismyip.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

one think more in both solution u must have to know your live ip u can get this from there

http://www.whatismyip.com

[/quote]

But that might keep changing because sometimes my router restarts due to voltage fluctuations and the IP changes on every router restart…

^

you can use services like dyndns.org etc.. or whichever your router supports...

Yes, you can use some software to access other computer without any server, and you can set the privacy your own.

^

you can use services like dyndns.org etc… or whichever your router supports…

[/quote]

Whats that?

Yes, you can use some software to access other computer without any server, and you can set the privacy your own.
[/quote]

-.-… Which one?

But that might keep changing because sometimes my router restarts due to voltage fluctuations and the IP changes on every router restart…

[/quote]

dear i dont think so ip wud change in every restart of router … as i told you m use to of it … and m accessing my computer with the same ip from long time back … my router get restart daily but ip still same… and not using nay kind of live ip network … anyways check that software which i have mentioned above if wud help you … as far as concern about IP i’ll let you know how to get your IP form other system…

or Han! you can use any P2P software aswell...

Is it possible for me to via my files (like i do on LAN) over the internet? Lets say i have my PC turned on at my home and i want to access some files from my Laptop at my office. Is there any software which can allow me to do that?

Thanks.

[/quote]

There is one called TeamViewer.

Never used it myself (I am a little bit conscious about my privacy) but friends say its great !

Yes, TeamViewer is great software, I have used it several times.

Otherwise u can create VPN connection to connect to your computer.

There is one called TeamViewer.

Never used it myself (I am a little bit conscious about my privacy) but friends say its great !

[/quote]

I would give this software 9/10, extremely recommended. It has even got a VPN option I used it with a lot of success.

it as simple as 123. Just set a manual password on your home pc.

I've used logmein.com in the past. Works really well, and very simple to use.

Teamviewer, i've personally used it nad works well.

Thanks ! Will try it out

Worked fine at home but doesnt seem to be working from office !

hmm..... there might be some internet security issue, like firewall or something,you might need to add exception.

I have to use a proxy and a username and password to access internet here at the office. I tried putting the proxy and my username and password in TeamViewer settings but it still does not connect.

Where do i need to add the exception?

I have to use a proxy and a username and password to access internet here at the office. I tried putting the proxy and my username and password in TeamViewer settings but it still does not connect.

Where do i need to add the exception?

[/quote]

Does your office has some kind of a firewall installed ? Ask you sys admin to setup team viewer in your office.

Well as people suggested TeamViewer is the best option

I also use teamviewer and dyndns enabled on router

Now what the issue at your end seems to be is that you haven't forwarded the port teamviewer is running on.

What you need to do is that you need to forward the port 80, on your router.