Sharing IELTS Info!

ASsalamoalikum dear fellows

I have given IELTS a few days ago.As from my recent experience the things which i noticed and the things which i have been told from the previous test takers and the facts also become true during the test.So i would like to share these information to help others and i m 100% sure it will help u alot as most of the students take the IELTS exam time to time.

first of all about the IELTS exam...

It has four section

1)Listening 2) reading 3 ) writing 4) speaking

most of the people are scared of the speaking part as it involves face to face conversation with the test takers and makes the student to hesitate alot.

but the fact is ...it is the most easiest part because u have alot of space to get a good band. there are a few questions which are same for all which they ask at the starting but most ppl dont know...

These Questions are...

1) Tell me ur full name please .

2) ok Mr.X tell me what do you do ? are you an student or do you work?

if u r an student then

3) what do you study?in which institute you are.

4) do you like your subjects...which is the most interesting one..

and then he/she will ask you about some regular stuff like environment questions and sports etc ..these are the must questions that he/she will ask...so better is ke bhai in questions ka RATTA lagalo...phir buhut achi tarah answer dein so first impression will be very gud on him/her..After this he/she will give a topic on which u have to speak for two mins and then he will ask you three four questions about the things u have discussed in the topic...and the interview is over..total it takes around 12-14 mins..also the test taker will be very co-operative and helpful to you so never hesitate to ask anything during the test..Me myself ask her that can i change the topic plz lol...

I will write about the remaining three sections in my next posts .,..

Regards

Mubashir Athar

B.E NED

I got a bad score in IELTS speaking section as the topic I had to speak about was a famous sporting event :P. Suffice to say I am not a great commentator :)

YAr shakil..i think you had one of the most easiest topic in the speaking section ...because sports is a thing for which like anybody could speak atleast a few sentences...But i think so as far...mine was a bit difficult which was ..."Please describe any famous work of art or a sculpture which impressed u really well." and then there were three more difficult questions regarding to that....and for us pakistanis work of art is like Ahhhh......because arts in pakistan ...u know !!! what i wanna say

Also FYI my brother who goto the interview room just after me had been asked the same topic...Please describe any important sports event which u have seen in ur life

BUT after all ALhumdulillah I succeeded in getting a 7 band in listening which i think is good enough for me.

Please provide a link to download official ielts practice materials with CD's, sample answers and all the studd required for preperation. (latest edition)

Cambrifge IELTS costs 14000 wherease Australian IELTS costs 15000.

I have heard rumours that Australians will give u better band.

So, which one is better for me?

[quote=“Imran, post:7, topic:6838”]

Cambrifge IELTS costs 14000 wherease Australian IELTS costs 15000.

I have heard rumours that Australians will give u better band.

So, which one is better for me?

[/quote]

Cambridge IELTS obviously has a wider acceptance. Go for that. And at OP…do share some learning resources.

https://ielts.britis...cil.org/Results

Is this the only official page where result comes? My result isn't being shown.

Listening: 6.0

Reading: 5.5

Writing: 6.5

Speaking: 6.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 6.0

don't know if it will fulfill the requirements. :(

[quote=“Imran, post:10, topic:6838”]

Listening: 6.0

Reading: 5.5

Writing: 6.5

Speaking: 6.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 6.0

don’t know if it will fulfill the requirements. :(

[/quote]

for wat course and place are you applying…for UK its 6.5.

Was thinking for Canada or Uk and as far as course is concerned then I have a 4 year BSIT. Lets see what can be earned now.

Was hoping for a 7 or atleast a 6.5 but :( :( :(

Anyways almost congratulate me and told me 6 is quite competitive and you don't need to worry and just go apply for something.

LoL something, something........... what something???????

Don't know.

i think 5.5 band is required as per requirement fo UK................LSBF requires 5.5 band

i gave for canadian immigration

overall 7 BAND.

[quote=“ilmkidunya10, post:13, topic:6838”]

i think 5.5 band is required as per requirement fo UK…LSBF requires 5.5 band
[/quote]

that is for LSBF…for any reputable university and course in a proper University in UK its 6.5.

OK started IELTS preperation once again.

Will try my luck one again.

[quote=“Imran, post:16, topic:6838”]

OK started IELTS preperation once again.

Will try my luck one again.

[/quote]

great going…and practice more reading and listening…from the IELTS resource pack…it will help u alot.

ASsalamoalikum

i want start IELTS plz some one tell me about total expence on this

Thanks

Thanks for your kind information

JOIN Innovative English Learning Center for quality training of ielts with unlimited practice hours.

Best Institute for IELTS Preparation with best,qualified and experienced Instructor "Miss.MURTAZA HUSAIN".GET 7.5 BANDS (Guaranteed)

15 days / 1 month / 2 month program / Saturday and Sunday special weekend program.

http://www.innovativeenglish.com.pk/ielts.htm