Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

If phone support it, it shows 4G sign, no matter you subscribe to 4G ot not as per my experience :) 4G or 4G LTE

Warid 4G LTE
Gulberg Lahore

or7cbb.jpg

^ Glad to see Warid has finally got it working. Now let's wait and see how their packages turn out after official release.

They're also using Band 3 (1800Mhz) like Zong, right?

Warid ping is pretty much low which gona help in browsing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“Upsilon, post:163, topic:21110”]

^ Glad to see Warid has finally got it working. Now let's wait and see how their packages turn out after official release.

They're also using Band 3 (1800Mhz) like Zong, right?

[/quote]

[quote="koder, post:164, topic:21110"]

Warid ping is pretty much low which gona help in browsing Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Yes, Warid is using the 1800MHz frequency band. This speedtest was done on Warid Lahore server so ping is low :)

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/1040824590.png

Mobilink 3G throttling speeds now. I am not getting more than 1.5Mbps any time of the day and their pathetic customer support says to clear my browser cache/cookies and restart my handset.

Before I was getting 7-10Mbps throughout the day.

I am from Karachi/PECHS Block 2. What speeds you are getting in different parts of the country with Mobilink 3G?

Finally the cat is out of the bag

Zong, H block, DHA Lahore

3973784511.png

Shaheerk kindly share zong LTE results

F11 islamabad

I hope this screenshot with the edits make sense. Feel free to ask any question.

Also, whilst I was in Rawalpindi and Islamabad, the server i chose was Lahore (Brain Tel). That’s how I was able to get super low pings on 3G.

4G? Well…latency is crap, but web browsing seems fine.

Also, has anyone noticed that 3G performance during the day (Blue Area, Gulrez, Bahria phase 8) is pretty crap on 3G? They’ve capped the speeds to 1mbps, uploads are capped on 10KB/s.

Edit: has anyone also noted that cause of bad 4g coverage, the battery tends to drain faster than it is on 3g? I don’t want to keep it on 3g all the time cause they’ve began to throttle the speeds on that.

Hmm you're right.. the have capped the 3G speed to hardly 1.5Mbps .. Am checking the speed of both 3G and 4G LTE on braintel Lahore server. They should cap 3G speed.UHMM same sector F 11

So I'm not the only one - that's a relief. Can others (Zong users, from different cities) try performing a speedtest during the day and post back, please?

Also, is it just me (I have a Nexus 5) or does 4G literally rape the battery like there's no tomorrow? For comparative purposes, the drain per hour on 3G (on the N5) was 0.8% whilst on 4G, it was 6%!

Idle battery. I did not use the phone during this time. Push notifications were on, but the phone was not "active" during this time at all (i.e. no CPU cycles were taking place during this test, and nothing extraordinary was running in the background - even music wasn't playing!)

Faisalabad Satyana Road..

[quote=“shaheerk, post:174, topic:21110”]

So I’m not the only one - that’s a relief. Can others (Zong users, from different cities) try performing a speedtest during the day and post back, please?

Also, is it just me (I have a Nexus 5) or does 4G literally rape the battery like there’s no tomorrow? For comparative purposes, the drain per hour on 3G (on the N5) was 0.8% whilst on 4G, it was 6%!

Idle battery. I did not use the phone during this time. Push notifications were on, but the phone was not “active” during this time at all (i.e. no CPU cycles were taking place during this test, and nothing extraordinary was running in the background - even music wasn’t playing!)

[/quote]

I have got nexus5 but it doesn’t support band 3 but according to me nexus5 3G battery drain is equal to iphone5s LTE battery drain.Iphone battery drain on LTE is five to six percent more than 3G on iphone but tell yu one thing LTE zong is performing pretty much good but as usual 3G capped over here in islamabad for no obvious reasons …I was having great speeds on 3G in Abbottabad city for few days but over there the 3G speeds on zong were also reduced drastically … At this point of time I am getting more than 21Mbps on full signals and 17 to 18Mbps on around -99dbm signal strength on 4G LTE.
look at the timestamp in the image of 3G and then 4G.Same spot same place at check the result.Its braintel Lahore server.They have tightened up the 3G screws ehe

3G

4G

[quote=“koder, post:176, topic:21110”]

I have got nexus5 but it doesn’t support band 3…

[/quote]

Wanna tinker with your phone a bit? http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/radio-enable-lte-band-3-nexus-5-d820-t2928561

I have read about it and I will give it a try but it seems bit complex procedure only those can do it who have a bit of experience regarding the flashing stuff but its achieveble

[quote=“koder, post:178, topic:21110”]

I have read about it and I will give it a try but it seems bit complex procedure only those can do it who have a bit of experience regarding the flashing stuff but its achieveble

[/quote]
Trust me - once you cross the comfort barrier, its bliss! ;)

Just follow the instructions to the dot, and make sure you have a backup of your EFS as well (in case something goes wrong, so that you can restore your radio config).

I was thinking I’d do it to enable the bands used in the USA - but I don’t see myself going there anytime soon, and even though LTE is there as an option, it seems to drain my phone battery quite a bit as well, soooooo…

Hehe.. i am gonna try it but the thing which keeps me away from it is that i ave got iphone and 4G is online what will I be using on nexus .. Should I buy warid sim too but their trial is OVER