Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

Haven't noticed any difference in battery consumption with 4G on standby

[quote="shaheerk, post:120, topic:21110"]

With 4g, my battery seems to drain more - largely due to the coverage, IMO. What about the others - do you see an extraordinary drain in idle mode with 4g on? I've reverted to 3g and the drain isn't there. I'm using the Nexus 5 (with an integrated LTE radio).

[/quote]

[quote=“Zohair, post:121, topic:21110”]

Haven't noticed any difference in battery consumption with 4G on standby

[/quote]

Do you travel within the city, by any chance? Is your signal full?

Finally Telenor expanding 3G coverage in Karachi.

Usually 2 mb speed.

Does zong 4G actually offers extra speed compared to their 3G?
I have seen users reporting 20Mbps on zong 3G service.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[quote=“gull_s_777, post:124, topic:21110”]

Does zong 4G actually offers extra speed compared to their 3G?
I have seen users reporting 20Mbps on zong 3G service.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[/quote]
In my limited experience, not really.

But I must mention that I was using a download manager and got very high speeds. There wasn’t lte coverage at that place so I couldn’t test it on that.

LTE coverage isn’t all that in pindi/isb - the battery drains constantly connecting and switching over between 3g and 4g, and pounds on 4g are much higher than they are on 3g (by a factor of 4 or so), so keeping all of this in mind, I switched off 4g on my phone.

Can’t comment on other cities.

Telenor 3G in Jhang, Punjab

[quote=“shaheerk, post:120, topic:21110”]

With 4g, my battery seems to drain more - largely due to the coverage, IMO. What about the others - do you see an extraordinary drain in idle mode with 4g on? I've reverted to 3g and the drain isn't there. I'm using the Nexus 5 (with an integrated LTE radio).

[/quote]

I've come across some hacks that can "potentially" enable LTE band 3 & 8 on D820. Not sure if I'm gonna try it, but if anyone can confirm or shed some light on whether its doable, i might give it a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/radio-enable-lte-band-3-nexus-5-d820-t2928561

^ I haven't researched on it, but i think it may be possible.

There are many CDMA devices which people are using on our GSM networks by simply changing the ROM.

You can look up phones like LG F100, F160, F200, etc on OLX which are all CDMA devices but are working in Pakistan and people are buying/selling them very commonly.

So perhaps changing LTE bands could be as simple as switching a ROM as well.

[quote=“jDk, post:127, topic:21110”]

With 4g, my battery seems to drain more - largely due to the coverage, IMO. What about the others - do you see an extraordinary drain in idle mode with 4g on? I’ve reverted to 3g and the drain isn’t there. I’m using the Nexus 5 (with an integrated LTE radio).

I’ve come across some hacks that can “potentially” enable LTE band 3 & 8 on D820. Not sure if I’m gonna try it, but if anyone can confirm or shed some light on whether its doable, i might give it a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/radio-enable-lte-band-3-nexus-5-d820-t2928561

[/quote]
I’ve been following that thread, and it was decided (declared?) That band 8 cannot be activated on the D820 cause of missing hardware - so you’re limited to band 3.

But then - band 3 is common globally; its what Zong (and eventually, Warid will) use.

[quote=“jDk, post:127, topic:21110”]

With 4g, my battery seems to drain more - largely due to the coverage, IMO. What about the others - do you see an extraordinary drain in idle mode with 4g on? I’ve reverted to 3g and the drain isn’t there. I’m using the Nexus 5 (with an integrated LTE radio).

I’ve come across some hacks that can “potentially” enable LTE band 3 & 8 on D820. Not sure if I’m gonna try it, but if anyone can confirm or shed some light on whether its doable, i might give it a try.

[/quote]

oh that would be great Ive got d820 too … Guys I understand this frequency sh•t like 1800mhz and 2100mhz but I dont find these bands anywhere on site like
Gsmarena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually both band 3 & 8 are doable. Its the band 7 which cannot be activated, because Google removed the hardware required for band 7 from D820 model. Zong is already using band 3 (1800Mhz).

If you check here, it confirms that Zong is indeed using Band 3 [1800] for its LTE deployment. And I'm assuming, Warid's going to use that as well, unless stated otherwise.

[quote=“koder, post:130, topic:21110”]

oh that would be great Ive got d820 too … Guys I understand this frequency sh•t like 1800mhz and 2100mhz but I dont find these bands anywhere on site like Gsmarena Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Upsilon is here for the rescue again. ;)

Remember I revealed the 'trick' here but i guess nobody paid attention to it.

You see, these bands operate at a specific GSM frequency. As i explained there, the Band 3 operates at 1800 MHz.

So how does that help us? Pay attention below:

PEau687.png

GSMArena mentions the LTE frequency support on it's spec pages, you can simply look for your desired frequency to find the band support.

As you can clearly see, the North American Nexus 5 doesn't support LTE 1800, while the global one does. That's the simplest way to find out which phone supports your required band and which doesn't.

Here's another example:

GXTbQ4j.png

-----

This is some exclusive info that most people are unaware about... except legends like me. :P B)

Oh fish in the first image I thought the later one written is the specs for north american version

1800mhz is specifically for band 3 or other bands can work on it too?

Abay bhai, kaise teri confusion door karein :wacko:

I already gave you the link of Wikipedia earlier that Zong is using Band 3 [1800]. What more do you want :unsure: ??

Stamp paper p likh kar dey doun kyaaa :lol: ????

[quote=“koder, post:134, topic:21110”]

1800mhz is specifically for band 3 or other bands can work on it too? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

There are only a few frequencies and yet over a dozen bands, so some frequencies may support multiple bands. I only know that 1800 works with Band 3 (mostly asia) and 1700 works with Band 4 (mostly north america), for the rest you're gonna have to do some digging yourself.

Where's my shovel?? Confusion dhur hugai ☺️

Zong is fast!! Faster than petcl

Carrier: Mobilink Prepaid

City: Islamabad

1041245984.png

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Zong in Faisalabad