Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

Just buy the damn sim and use it, lol.

Seriously though, if you’re in Karachi then I would advise against Telenor for their 3G. Their 3G coverage is pathetic right now. Dunno about other cities though.

For both 3G and 4G, my first advice will be to try Zong, they’re leading in both of those. Second best option would be Mobilink.

Ufone is too expensive and Telenor’s coverage is poor as I said before. There you have it…

None of the telcos provide coverage in my surrounding area. Only Telenor seems to have blanket coverage. Hence why I asked. I would've stuck with Warid, if it weren't for my bloody D820 :angry:

its the best speed 22Mbps i got sometimes in faisal town lahore at cyanogen mod 11 rom LTE at zong 2GB package and also in stock rom around 19Mbps and mostly around range 12 to 15 mbps using 4G . using samsung s4 gt-i9506 . has anyone tried 4g in korean phones ??

Telenor 3G. Just started working today in my town....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

gull town name please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“koder, post:106, topic:21110”]

gull town name please

[/quote]
Yazman Mandi
Around 35km far from main city Bahawalpur

Above test was indoor.
Checked again outside

MobilInk in Abbottabad going strong

Warid 4G LTE...crazyyy

Mobilink 3G is great with its recent cheap bundle rates. I am using it in PECHS/Karachi and the speed is also dependent on your phone. On my windows phone it is not giving me over 3.5Mbps while on my Android phone it give me consistent speeds of up to 9Mbps which is splendid.

3870058031.png

Enjoy the possibility to subscribe to your cheap bundles till...tomorrow.

[quote=“kashifmahmood, post:110, topic:21110”]

On my windows phone it is not giving me over 3.5Mbps while on my Android phone it give me consistent speeds of up to 9Mbps which is splendid.

[/quote]

The problem is not with Windows Phone, it's with SpeedTest's app for the platform, it's highly inaccurate on WP.

On Windows Phones, use the Network Speed Test app by Microsoft to get accurate speed results...

[quote=“Upsilon, post:112, topic:21110”]

The problem is not with Windows Phone, it's with SpeedTest's app for the platform, it's highly inaccurate on WP.

On Windows Phones, use the Network Speed Test app by Microsoft to get accurate speed results...

[/quote]

I do not use mobile app for speed test. I use my mobile as a USB modem to connect with my laptop. Then use IDM to find top speed. I also use bandwidth monitor which also shows usage graph, very essential if you want to thoroughly monitor your net speeds.

Also like to mention here is that not all phone manufacturers assemble the phones the same way. Some have better signal reception and signal amplification than others so that is why there are different results.

Okay, guess either

- Mobilink doesn't really have enough subscribers and is trying to get more and more customers hooked onto 3G, or

- Mobilink is being very generous.

Reason: the limited bundles that were available till 31 Oct - their validity has been extended to 30th November.

Enjoy your 2Mbps speed*

* I was on prepaid, and subscribed to their bundles. In Lahore or in Pindi/Isb, I NEVER got ANYTHING above 2Mbps. The only time I did manage to get better speeds (near 3 or 4 Mbps) is when it was Chaand Raat (just before Eid) and - that lasted for a week or two, perhaps. Then, back to this slow speed. And when they increased their data quota as a part of this limited promotion, I barely got speeds nearing 2 Mbps (as far as speedtests were concerned).

So - do I regret leaving Mobilink? Not really, no. Zong's 4G isn't all that (pretty crap latency in Pindi/Isb) though their speeds are decent (3G is just as good as their 4G, mind you, so you're not losing out by not using 4G).

Trivia: I was in Islamabad Club, and I tethered my phone to the laptop. I was getting 2.2 megaBYTES per second on 3G (that roughly translates to 22Mbps). On a multithreaded download (i.e. download manager). Yes, 3G.

Would you get this on Mobilink?

[quote=“shaheerk, post:114, topic:21110”]

Zong’s 4G isn’t all that (pretty crap latency in Pindi/Isb) though their speeds are decent (3G is just as good as their 4G, mind you, so you’re not losing out by not using 4G).

Trivia: I was in Islamabad Club, and I tethered my phone to the laptop. I was getting 2.2 megaBYTES per second on 3G (that roughly translates to 22Mbps). On a multithreaded download (i.e. download manager). Yes, 3G.

Would you get this on Mobilink?

[/quote]

Hehe, yep ZONG is providing the best 3G/4G speeds handsdown. You're getting some extreme H+ speeds there. Seeing their quick progress, i would say it won't take too long before we're getting 60+Mbps on LTE.

Meanwhile Telenor STILL haven't implanted their 3G in my area yet...

Thankfully i use multiple SIMS. Zong is working flawlessly. Speeds posted in previous page.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:115, topic:21110”]

Hehe, yep ZONG is providing the best 3G/4G speeds handsdown. You're getting some extreme H+ speeds there. Seeing their quick progress, i would say it won't take too long before we're getting 60+Mbps on LTE.

Meanwhile Telenor STILL haven't implanted their 3G in my area yet...

Thankfully i use multiple SIMS. Zong is working flawlessly. Speeds posted in previous page.

[/quote]

That is such an organized way of showing which operators are on 2G or 3G (or even 4G) - so props to Windows Phone for that! On Android, the method of showing this varies so far and wide apart it's crazy (and cumbersome).

Anyway, I'm really not sure how Telenor's doing their rollout - I mean, they don't have 3G in PWD (in Pindi/Islamabad) but do when you enter Bahria Town. And when you force your phone to work with 3G signals, Telenor shows up on the network search but won't connect (this was earlier this year). It's weird. But - you have to give credit to them for spreading out their network quite rapidly (if only they could fix their signals on their "jadeed tareen pura signals wala" network).

My only qualm is that Zong's LTE isn't all that it's cracked up to be - I get superfast speeds on 3G, so I wonder how much I'll get on a multi-threaded download on LTE.

Its mobilink 3G in f11/2.In trial period the speed was capped to 2Mbps but now a days its like this am on their billing

These kinda speeds I also get back In Abbottabad.I will be testing Dong 4G in day or two

Any One tried 4g in korean mobile phones ?

Zong 4G, Moon Market Iqbal Town Lahore

12792_679899262118325_333239504780104986

With 4g, my battery seems to drain more - largely due to the coverage, IMO. What about the others - do you see an extraordinary drain in idle mode with 4g on?

I’ve reverted to 3g and the drain isn’t there. I’m using the Nexus 5 (with an integrated LTE radio).