Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

So I've come to know that my Nexus 5 is D820 model, which as far as I know, won't support the LTE band being offered by both Warid & Zong. Since I've been on Warid 's postpaid for a long time now, this certainly left a bad aftertaste that I won't be able to utilize 4G/ LTE. Either I switch to another phone (very unlikely) given how impressive Nexus 5 truly is, or I switch to another Network. Even though I don't really feel the need to get 3G, since PTCL's 8Mbps is going along nicely, I wouldn't mind giving a try to 3G because the coverage has been pretty inefficient in my area from all networks. Only Telenor seems to be offering blanket coverage in my area, though I've never given a try to Telenor's service, nor am I a fan of their auto call-dropping practice that I've heard from most of my colleagues. Ditching Warid's network is not an option, given how reliable and good their service has been lately.

I wish the phone I had bought would've been D821 model, but alas I wasn't aware of this at the time of purchase :(

I'm not sure if Telenor's call dropping is the actual reason, but I do know their coverage, generally, is awful. And because of bad coverage, the overall performance suffers.

Thought I’d share some perspective.

[quote=“jDk, post:81, topic:21110”]

So I’ve come to know that my Nexus 5 is D820 model, which as far as I know, won’t support the LTE band being offered by both Warid & Zong. Since I’ve been on Warid 's postpaid for a long time now, this certainly left a bad aftertaste that I won’t be able to utilize 4G/ LTE. Either I switch to another phone (very unlikely) given how impressive Nexus 5 truly is, or I switch to another Network. Even though I don’t really feel the need to get 3G, since PTCL’s 8Mbps is going along nicely, I wouldn’t mind giving a try to 3G because the coverage has been pretty inefficient in my area from all networks. Only Telenor seems to be offering blanket coverage in my area, though I’ve never given a try to Telenor’s service, nor am I a fan of their auto call-dropping practice that I’ve heard from most of my colleagues. Ditching Warid’s network is not an option, given how reliable and good their service has been lately.

I wish the phone I had bought would’ve been D821 model, but alas I wasn’t aware of this at the time of purchase :(

[/quote]

Same here I have got north american model too d820.Are the 4G lte bands different from pakistan ones … what does this ph support and what band is 4g lte of warid and Zong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“koder, post:83, topic:21110”]

Same here I have got north american model too d820.Are the 4G lte bands different from pakistan ones .. what does this ph support and what band is 4g lte of warid and Zong? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

North America (D820) Nexus 5 model:

• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
  • LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Outside North America (D821) Nexus 5 model:

• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
  • LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Differences-between-the-two-Nexus-5-models-D820-and-D821_id48985

[/quote]

I've highlighted in blue the frequency and band you need to use Zong's LTE in Pakistan. No guarantee but i think Warid's would be the same as well...

Surprisingly, the NA model supports more LTE bands :o

Wonder why they chose such an obscure band for LTE though <_<

Because of the number of bands/frequencies American carriers use - that's why.

3840598872.png

Zong in Gulshan e Ravi, Lahore

Sent from my Galaxy S 5 Duos LTE

Mobilink 3G in Gulshan e Ravi, Lahore

Downloading NFS Most Wanted via Zong test sim, it was 3G I guess.

[quote=“nvd650, post:88, topic:21110”]

Zong in Gulshan e Ravi, Lahore

[/quote]
Did you recently port to zong or something?

I ported to Zong, and I was getting your speeds. Helpline couldn’t really do much (they were going to launch a trouble ticket) until I told them I’m using their promo of 5,000 MBs, SMS and free minutes. The guy and I suggested perhaps it was because I wasn’t signed up to a bundle package that I’m getting dismal speeds.

And lo and behold - when I subscribed to a bundle, my speeds rose quite a bit!

So - for those who aren’t going above 512kbps on average, try subscribing to one of their packages (not their daily mini package - that didn’t work for me either).

And also, not all speed test servers are equal - some work better than the others at different times and on different services, so you should try a multitude of servers before reading your result.

Yes I ported to zong recently and using that 5,000 MB Offer. Despite of low speed test results, browsing and videos are playing flawless. Also using Mobilink and they are good in speed than Zong, but Telenor was best.

Zong is pretty awesome in Karachi, seriously!

So I got song's 4g Sim...and while the soeedtest showed a different result, I have a real time speedometer and that showed me 3 MBps - yes, megaBYTES per second - for the data transfer.

Ping times, however, aren’t all that. But its still more responsive than 3G when it comes to loading web pages and all.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1011751225

WTF is up with that shitty latency <_< ?? It is way too high :S

You have D821 I presume ?

Some more results:

[quote=“jDk, post:95, topic:21110”]

WTF is up with that shitty latency <_< ?? It is way too high :S

You have D821 I presume ?

[/quote]

MaybeLINK 3G using via hotspot on laptop.. Dont fall for 7Mbps it usually hovers around 4 to 4.5 with good signal quality3847654529.png

3847667839.png

subsidiary of Israel ??

Testing from Abbottabad

So what's the best way of getting the most out of a 3G sim. I might consider trying a Telenor prepaid sim just for 3G, as I'm not ready to port my number from Warid to Telenor yet. Any suggestions would be welcome.