Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

Aaah - I was using Tapatalk then :P

Zong Super Pathetic 3G North Karachi

What about You Guys

[quote=“kafeelazam, post:62, topic:21110”]

Zong Super Pathetic 3G
North Karachi

What about You Guys

[/quote] Try another server - some servers don't play nice in other networks. If you get the same result from different servers, then yes, its pathetic in your area.

Ufone @ Model Colony KHI on 1 Mbps package

Sent from my GT-I9505

Zong, Faisalabad, Madina town. Open air, roof top. Its a disgrace

For those reporting low speeds on Zong, what if you were to try another server and see the results?

Also, can you try doing a speed test on speedof.me? It does upload, download and ping. I’d like to see the ping results, please.

I'm really disappointed with Telenor's 3G coverage in Karachi. It is only available in specific places/areas. Zong & Ufone almost always show up.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:66, topic:21110”]

For those reporting low speeds on Zong, what if you were to try another server and see the results?

Also, can you try doing a speed test on speedof.me? It does upload, download and ping. I’d like to see the ping results, please.

[/quote]

Have tried actually there in total but it’s the sale so decided to share one.

Below is the speedof.me result

Damn...that ping ain't that nice.

Mobilink gives me around 200-220 ms to the same server.

Try performing another test and see if the ping improves.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:69, topic:21110”]

Damn…that ping ain’t that nice.

Mobilink gives me around 200-220 ms to the same server.

Try performing another test and see if the ping improves.

[/quote]

Pretty much the same
And one thing more I have experienced that when using zong in my iPhone 5 my phone gets heats up, not sure if some else has the same issue.

I guess it’s because they are still in the implementation phase, could take a year or two.

Let’s wait and watch.

Mobilink at D Chowk, Islamabad

[quote=“Bibo, post:70, topic:21110”]

Pretty much the same And one thing more I have experienced that when using zong in my iPhone 5 my phone gets heats up, not sure if some else has the same issue.

[/quote]

Thanks for the screen.

The phone heats up when you're using data (not wifi) constantly, and with the screen on as well - so that's normal. It happened on EDGE as well.

So - if pings are really that slow, then either

- it's the area you're in (I see that the downstream isn't as fast as the upstream), or

- Zong's 3G isn't all that.

Would be great if other members (who have Zong) could show their speedtest on speedof.me as well. Btw, if you access the desktop version, you get a much more detailed graph (per test result). If you don't mind, can you do a test in the desktop version as well and screenshot that, please? :)

[quote=“shaheerk, post:73, topic:21110”]

Pretty much the same And one thing more I have experienced that when using zong in my iPhone 5 my phone gets heats up, not sure if some else has the same issue.

Thanks for the screen.

The phone heats up when you’re using data (not wifi) constantly, and with the screen on as well - so that’s normal. It happened on EDGE as well.

So - if pings are really that slow, then either

• it’s the area you’re in (I see that the downstream isn’t as fast as the upstream), or
  • Zong’s 3G isn’t all that.

Would be great if other members (who have Zong) could show their speedtest on speedof.me as well. Btw, if you access the desktop version, you get a much more detailed graph (per test result). If you don’t mind, can you do a test in the desktop version as well and screenshot that, please? :)

[/quote]

On Mobilink edge or 3G handset doesn’t heat up at all.

Below is the Desktop version you asked for:

Well - it's clear in your area, 3G ain't all that great (nor are the latencies). Most other areas, I suppose, are above average, I guess.

Thanks again for your help.

This is Mobilink speedtest ,its speed is quite fast,it usually hovers around 5Mbit

In the mean while I took Zong 3G test

zong isnt bad at all,today its bit bad ,latency isnt good ,maybe the server on which i took has spoiled the fun… Zong is usually above 6Mbps.
Reporting from Abbottabad via NEXUS5 on maybelink and S4 on Zong

Telenor 3G - Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.

3816798117.png

Telenor in Islamabad

[quote=“kafeelazam, post:62, topic:21110”]

Zong Super Pathetic 3G
North Karachi

What about You Guys

[/quote]

May be the site you are connected to is over loaded or have got capacity issues.

Mobilink 3G (package weekly 7GB for only Rs 60)

Test location Karachi/ PECHS Blk 2

Test file size 110MB / location foreign server

Peak speeds up to 4Mbps which is good enough.