Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

And zong is fooling customers in smaller cities where they ave provided this so called 4G .. its 7 to 9Mbps at max.Its a shocker for me .. Shame on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ It's not that simple. It takes time to set up and expand these networks. It's a slow and time consuming process (especially in a 3rd world country).

If your LTE supported phone is showing LTE in network type, then it is likely running LTE network irregardless of what speed you're getting. Give it time, it will improve over time...

I switched to Zong from Warid a couple weeks back, here are the results

The Desktop:

4766398507.png

^ See, Zong has become the most advanced mobile network in Pakistan. These chinks are just the best at everything. B)

Upsilon , they are good but they are messing up with their bandwidth in KPK.. Thoroughly checked in Peshawar .. They should be better there atleast .. 10Mbps speeds isnt what yu call 4G.. I thought they are playing with me in Abbottabad but no .. This situation prevails in whole Kpk where there is 4G .. According to my assessment bandwidth hasbeen resticted don't know for what reason but they will open it up in sometime .. Giving them time .. Rest its good .. Am happy we got rid of ptcl

[quote=“koder, post:245, topic:21110”]

Upsilon , they are good but they are messing up with their bandwidth in KPK… Thoroughly checked in Peshawar … They should be better there atleast … 10Mbps speeds isnt what yu call 4G… I thought they are playing with me in Abbottabad but no … This situation prevails in whole Kpk where there is 4G … According to my assessment bandwidth hasbeen resticted don’t know for what reason but they will open it up in sometime … Giving them time … Rest its good … Am happy we got rid of ptcl

[/quote]

Officially zong minimum speed of 4g is 2mbps . Below 2 mbps for 4g will be taken as some fraud and pta will take action … thats a confirmed news for sure … here in lahore zong speed is not more than 6 to 12 mbps but in some areas like cantt this speed booost upto 25 too but in islamabad its more than that i heard from people…

Sent from my IM-A910L using Tapatalk

Have checked zong in islamabad at my office in Islamabad f11 where the mininum speeds i get were around 40 to 50Mbps and once i hit the barrier of 65Mbps.. Same for for f8 sector.In Peshawar saddar the speed at max was 11Mbps in 4G and same was the case in Abbottabad.So there are bandwidth restrictions.In lahore ppl do get great speeds in Valencia,model,faisal anf johar town areas.. No idea about KHI but the above poster speedtest shows its very good.

Will give them time they are improving..its 4G mifi speed in Abbottabad

Ptcl could have ripped me off for this much speed.. Ptcl will br feeling so lonely [emoji38].. They have introduced some desperate offers of free wifi modem plus smarttv

I live in faisal town. It was not high as before in casual

It was not as high as today showing in screenahot ... i am saying

Hi

I have nexus 5 using android 5.1.1 stock only rooted. I have activated Telenor weekly 3g package of 1gb. But how to use it? How to connect to Internet? I have enabled data services and also set my mobile to 3g mode... I do not get Internet. Any settings needs to be done?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried to talk to Telenor customer first csr said some settings needs to done and a he sent them but I had already done that.. So called helpline again another csr was having difficulty in listening me and asked the change location strangely I had talked to another csr front his locating a few minutes ago and sound was perfect.. But before I could stand up that call was dropped by csr.. Changed location to open space and called and again call was dropped.. Now trying to call and It says csr sa Baath karnay ki limit khatam ho gai ha... Damn f..

I dialled their number to check of 3G is working in my area got below replies in sms replow

App k ilaqay mein abhi 3G service available nahin hai.

And another sms says below

Aap k ilaqay mein 3G service ON hai. *345*131# dial karen aur Rs 15 main puray din ka 3G internet (100MB) hasil karen.

Anyhow If anyone could help me here?

^ You should not be needing to set anything... but in case if internet access is not available to you, then you need to set it up manually.

Find internet settings, then find APN settings, then make a new APN (name it anything). In the APN field write "internet" & keep the rest of the settings in their default state. Save this APN. Select this APN. Now you should immediately see a 3G, H or H+ sign, if you don't, you need to restart your phone. Now your internet connection should be active. Browse away!

If you see a 2G, E or G sign then it means 3G service is not available in your area yet. In that case you will have to settle with 2G speeds.

-----

Last but not least, make sure you have enabled data connection. It is quite possible that you've turned that off hence you cannot access the internet...

[quote=“Upsilon, post:244, topic:21110”]

^ See, Zong has become the most advanced mobile network in Pakistan. These chinks are just the best at everything. B)

[/quote]

Biggest gripe I have with Zong [using postpaid] is constant “This number cannot be reached at the moment” message over and over again. Family & colleagues are quite annoyed by this, as they’re to contact me when need arises. I’ve complained to Zong numerous times about this, but no go. Speed is no doubt outstanding, but their voice quality leaves a lot to be desired.

I believe Warid is the best amongst all the telecom companies operating. Calls always connect on first try. Though I’m not certain how long will that remain, as the LTE subscribers are beginning to accumulate and consume the limited spectrum they have available, unless they acquire 10Mhz spectrum solely for LTE.

[quote=“jDk, post:253, topic:21110”]

Biggest gripe I have with Zong [using postpaid] is constant “This number cannot be reached at the moment” message over and over again. Family & colleagues are quite annoyed by this, as they’re to contact me when need arises. I’ve complained to Zong numerous times about this, but no go. Speed is no doubt outstanding, but their voice quality leaves a lot to be desired.

I believe Warid is the best amongst all the telecom companies operating. Calls always connect on first try. Though I’m not certain how long will that remain, as the LTE subscribers are beginning to accumulate and consume the limited spectrum they have available, unless they acquire 10Mhz spectrum solely for LTE.

[/quote]

I didn’t face that issue often while making or receiving calls using Zong prepaid. Call quality is average, but as of late it doesn’t bother me, as i use whatsapp calls most of the time. It’s call quality is far superior than any network based call, and it costs less when you’ve subscribed to a data package. Maybe you ought to try it. I mean these apps have already replaced SMS/MMS & videocalling, they might as well replace voice calls. Everything is bound to be internet based sooner or later anyway…

As far as Warid is concerned, they’re great in Lahore, I’ve checked and i can understand your satisfaction with it. Unfortunately though, their service in Karachi is not that great. Low network bars is not something you like to see while living in the metropolis. Maybe that will change now that they’re getting new subscribers thanks to LTE & so they’ll expand their network in the city.

Man, calls are very important for me as I have to make calls all over Pakistan. Not everyone in my clients has access to internet or even smartphones. So I have to rely on it for that purpose. Mind you that I did not face issues while calling others, its only when others call me do they get this "this number cannot be reached at the moment". This is not acceptable for me I'm afraid. Will have to switch back to Warid if this keeps up <_<

Your number isn't ported by any chance, is it? Ported numbers usually have a lot more issues than direct numbers. If your number is ported then you ought to buy a new Zong SIM & see if the issue persists in your new SIM. If it's not ported, then i guess you have no real option other than to switch back to Warid.

No. I got a brand new sim activated under my name. I blocked my Warid number temporarily so I could try this Zong number for a month before deciding what to do with it

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Upsilon, post:252, topic:21110”]

^ You should not be needing to set anything… but in case if internet access is not available to you, then you need to set it up manually.

Find internet settings, then find APN settings, then make a new APN (name it anything). In the APN field write “internet” & keep the rest of the settings in their default state. Save this APN. Select this APN. Now you should immediately see a 3G, H or H+ sign, if you don’t, you need to restart your phone. Now your internet connection should be active. Browse away!

If you see a 2G, E or G sign then it means 3G service is not available in your area yet. In that case you will have to settle with 2G speeds.

-----

Last but not least, make sure you have enabled data connection. It is quite possible that you’ve turned that off hence you cannot access the internet…

[/quote]

Settings are already as mentioned. But still no Internet. Sometime I see E near signal bar but no internet or I only can open google.com nothing more nothing less.

Could it be some frequency etc issue? My Set is d821 nexus 5

[quote=“jhagra, post:258, topic:21110”]

Settings are already as mentioned. But still no Internet. Sometime I see E near signal bar but no internet or I only can open google.com nothing more nothing less.

Could it be some frequency etc issue? My Set is d821 nexus 5

[/quote]

Nope, not a frequency issue. Those issues are only relevant to 4G, not 3G, at least not for us.

What is your location? If it’s a remote area then maybe you really have poor connection & that is why you cannot connect.

Also, have you tried factory resetting your phone? It’s always worth a shot.

Zong 4G/LTE @ Gulistan-E-Johar