Share your 3G/4G SpeedTest Results

my iphone is 100percent charged. I will check it out around 11am when I wake up that how much have it discharged on LTE on idle mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah woke up early and its 88 percent .. Push notifications plus everything is ON

[quote=“koder, post:183, topic:21110”]

Yeah woke up early and its 88 percent … Push notifications plus everything is ON

[/quote]
So, would you call that more drain than usual for your phone? It’s around 2%/hour, I reckon.

So warid entirely upgraded its network to lte which means people who has 3G handsets will not be able to get net on phone they must get LTE phone right?

If it was on 2G then it would have hardly dropped to 97percent.No doubt 4G sucks the battery 6times more than 2G.

[quote=“armada, post:185, topic:21110”]

So warid entirely upgraded its network to lte which means people who has 3G handsets will not be able to get net on phone they must get LTE phone right?

[/quote]

Anyone on Warid with a 3G handset can simply use the good old GPRS & EDGE services, they're not fast, but they do the job for simple tasks.

[quote="koder, post:186, topic:21110"]

If it was on 2G then it would have hardly dropped to 97percent.No doubt 4G sucks the battery 6times more than 2G. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

I dunno about you, but if i was in your place, I'd stick to 3G instead. Currently, Zong's 3G and 4G are giving identical speeds, so there's no point in wasting battery life over nothing.

Its not the case over here in islamabad.3G barely crosses 2Mbps and 4G is always above 20Mbps.Leme test it now

[quote=“koder, post:188, topic:21110”]

Its not the case over here in islamabad.3G barely crosses 2Mbps and 4G is always above 20Mbps.Leme test it now

[/quote]
I have never gotten that ping in Islamabad nor Rawalpindi on 4G…maybe they changed something today.

But otherwise - they weren’t throttling 3g speeds today in blue area, so I guess its selective throttling?

And since my commute is between Islamabad and Rawalpindi, and with spotty 4G coverage, it drains the battery more, so I stuck to 3g.

Is it band 2100 all the companies are using 3G and 4G on... Please someone post each companies band for 3&4G if those are different thank

^ It's Band 3 (frequency 1800) for both Zong & Warid LTE. You can read up previous entries on this thread for more detailed explanations.

So if buying phone from different continent to use in Pakistan make sure it has 1800 for LTE and 2100 for 3G right?

^ Yes, but only if you care about 4G. I personally wouldn't give much of a f*** about it just yet.

As for 3G, you're good to go with just about any 3G supported device.

my ZONG 3G speedtest :P

I'm subscribed to this Reconnection Compaign.

lXDOPFZ.png

P.S. My phone shows H+ and I've found ZONG 3G internet to be more responsive than PTCL DSL.

I've noticed that GSMArena has now started writing the bands along with the frequencies, this will make it easier for you guys to find supported LTE handsets in Pak. (you need frequency 1800 / Band 3 for both Warid and Zong)

Example: http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_classic-6458.php

^ P.S. Good to see a modern classic blackberry, even if it's not the most ideal anymore.

Even then there are problems :( mine is G900FD and it shows 1800 but don't support Zong LTE/4G

Hacked my Nexus 5 and got Band 3 working fully on first try. Coverage in Lahore is #$%# though <_<

Tested at Warid's franchise at Y-Block, DHA Phase III.

Nice.. Which guide did u follow .. Secondly some speedtest servers sucks ..try to test on braintel Lahore server

[quote=“koder, post:198, topic:21110”]

Nice… Which guide did u follow …
[/quote]

The one I linked to. See my last few posts, its a link to XDA Developers forum.

[quote=“jDk, post:197, topic:21110”]

Hacked my Nexus 5 and got Band 3 working fully on first try. Coverage in Lahore is #$%# though <_<

Tested at Warid’s franchise at Y-Block, DHA Phase III.

[/quote] Alright, jdk, can you now test one thing: leave your phone on LTE (as in - let it decide itself whether to stay on LTE or 3G etc. Etc. - the default), observe the battery for one day, and post back.

Because on LTE, my D821 drains the battery like mad. On 3G, its much better. Yes, I know LTE isn’t everywhere, but Zong’s coverage seems to have improved quite a bit in Islamabad Rawalpindi as far as 4G is concerned… As per their website.