Setup of UPS + Solar panels

So the solar panels are useless in my setup.

How to manage switch over system. As u mentioned my panels give a very little current, so switch over will not be feaseble. Am i right. Pleade guide me.u

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

yes.. you should have atleast 500watt + of panels to get any decent appliances running.. that too will fall down in rain, clouds, or evening..

I have one more question.

I want to buy a 12v 5 watt fan and attach it to the charge controller.

my question is if i get a 2 hour backup with 100watt fan of 220v. then how much backup I can get while using only 12v DC 5 watt fan.

any idea please help me. will i get double backup time.

Thanks and regards.

5 wat fan? why would u need such a small fan? to cool some machinery?

I want to use these instead of ceiling fans and padestal fan. am i wrong, are 5 watt fans very small. actually my friend bought and he told me its 5 watt. i did not see the fan.

do i need bigger ones any idea of cost. i want to install these fans in 2 rooms and one in kitchen.

thanks

it could be 50 watts.. 5w is the small fan inside PC casings..

a standard large fan is around 80-100W.. it is better to buy good large standard fan.. the power saving isnt much..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:406, topic:20952”]

it could be 50 watts.. 5w is the small fan inside PC casings..

a standard large fan is around 80-100W.. it is better to buy good large standard fan.. the power saving isnt much..

[/quote]

i think you misundrestood me or may be i was unable to explain. i want 12vDC fan of 5 watt, so i can save power. i will attach fans directly to charge controller.

plz correct me if i am wrong.

Last night my ups burnt. In the mid night my fan suddenly ran at very very slow speed. I went to check ups, there was too much burning smell. Ups was too much hot, was unable to touch it. Huge sound was coming iut of it.

What do u think whatsvwrong with it. Today is holiday and 2morrow is friday so can,t check it from mechanic

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

problem with transformer or if present FETs..

or wiring short circuit.. can only be diagnosed on checking.

Mosfets burned. Now repaied.

why mosfets burn so often ??

cz extra load beyond UPS capability AND / OR low quality FETs used in ups.

Dear

I wan to connect my UPS (whose out put is 1000w 220vAC current and in put is 12v DC) directly with solar pannel so is it possible? if yes how much pannel plats are required for this kindly reply

thanking you.

with regards

kazim raza

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:406, topic:20952”]

it could be 50 watts… 5w is the small fan inside PC casings…

a standard large fan is around 80-100W… it is better to buy good large standard fan… the power saving isnt much…

[/quote]

I know it is old thread but I have a masoom sa question why is it written 65 watts on my al sheikh ceiling fans? Are they really that low consumption? I personally doubt that.

it could be average lower consumption, or rated power, or power before PF conversion... or it could be a smaller slower rpm model which consume less by default..

Marketting by companies is a ver shady practice..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:414, topic:20952”]

it could be average lower consumption, or rated power, or power before PF conversion… or it could be a smaller slower rpm model which consume less by default…

Marketting by companies is a ver shady practice…

[/quote]

Thanks Farhan Bro. That helps me understand something about fans “quoted” consumption. :D

[quote=“khuram89, post:410, topic:20952”]

Mosfets burned. Now repaied.

why mosfets burn so often ??

[/quote]

Burning mosfets were the reason I moved form desi to china made Homage. Working ok till now. It is 2 years old.

I am planning a similar setup.

Can someone please confirm if it is correct?

Where can I add switch that switches from wapda to solar and vice versa for charging.

[quote=“forum, post:417, topic:20952”]

I am planning a similar setup.

Can someone please confirm if it is correct?

Where can I add switch that switches from wapda to solar and vice versa for charging.

2ppn7fk.png

[/quote]

@Forum, That is correct. I am using the exact circuit with a different ups. How much PV watts (panels) are you planning to install and what appliances do you want to run on this?

[quote=“forum, post:417, topic:20952”]

[/quote]

Can anyone help on this? I am also looking for a similar automatic switch.

[quote=“Saif080, post:418, topic:20952”]

@Forum, That is correct. I am using the exact circuit with a different ups. How much PV watts (panels) are you planning to install and what appliances do you want to run on this?

[/quote]

I am planning 400-500 watts.

My usage is 2-3 fans. 1-2 laptops , 1 tv occasionally and 2-3 lights. Fans increase to 4-5 at night.