Setup of UPS + Solar panels

here is the setup

2 panels

1200watt desi ups

200Ah AGS Battery (GX200F) 27 PLATES

charge controller (LandStar LS1524)

Holy krap..

You seriously need to change your wiring.. it is a very big hazard.. all wiring is very cheap, boards are loose, buttons are low amps, and cabling is low end..no color coding, no thimbles, and it probably isnt a proper DC cable i think..

your Panels are fine.. your CC is good enough for your needs, and it wont ever overcharge your batteries as you wont be getting enough amps to charge it anyways.. probaly 6-7 amps max from your panels, and it is much less than what your battery requires

the real issue is your UPS.. unless it has intelligent charging circuit which i highly doubt from the looks of it, the advantage of quality charging from your CC will result in lower charging from it since it senses the extra volts your UPS is using to charge the battery..

donot change anything, when you will upgrade your battery and ups in future, make sure to spend 30-40 k on it for one time expense, and then enjoy the benefits of free solar power.. in the mean ttime, FGS, improve your electrical system or you will get shocked.. its a big risk..

Thanks farhan for valuebale info.

I can send u my kit picture also.

i couldn't understand it, please explain "the advantage of quality charging from your CC will result in lower charging from it since it senses the extra volts your UPS is using to charge the battery."

thanks again buddy

Desi ups will force maximum charging to battery.. the CC will sense that extra current is already coming to battery and will reduce its own charging to prevent overcharging.. Desi ups doesnot do that and will continue its own charging,, thus advantages of quality charging from CC will be wasted..

so the bottom line is desi ups will ruin my battery :(

insha Allah <_<

[quote="[“khuram89”], post:245, topic:20952"]

so the bottom line is desi ups will ruin my battery :(

[/quote]

Every battery has a max life of 2 years.. imported dry batteries have a life over 5-6 years...

Deis ups will shorten local battery life to 1-1.5 years max depending o how good it is made.. but since it doesnot have intelligent charging, nor you have a switch to shift between wapda and solar, you are absolutely not getting any solar power to your appliances all day..just battery charging..

So the solar panels are useless in my setup.

How to manage switch over system. As u mentioned my panels give a very little current, so switch over will not be feaseble. Am i right. Pleade guide me.u

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

yes.. you should have atleast 500watt + of panels to get any decent appliances running.. that too will fall down in rain, clouds, or evening..

I have one more question.

I want to buy a 12v 5 watt fan and attach it to the charge controller.

my question is if i get a 2 hour backup with 100watt fan of 220v. then how much backup I can get while using only 12v DC 5 watt fan.

any idea please help me. will i get double backup time.

Thanks and regards.

5 wat fan? why would u need such a small fan? to cool some machinery?

I want to use these instead of ceiling fans and padestal fan. am i wrong, are 5 watt fans very small. actually my friend bought and he told me its 5 watt. i did not see the fan.

do i need bigger ones any idea of cost. i want to install these fans in 2 rooms and one in kitchen.

thanks

it could be 50 watts.. 5w is the small fan inside PC casings..

a standard large fan is around 80-100W.. it is better to buy good large standard fan.. the power saving isnt much..

[quote="[“farhan_ds”], post:253, topic:20952"]

it could be 50 watts.. 5w is the small fan inside PC casings..

a standard large fan is around 80-100W.. it is better to buy good large standard fan.. the power saving isnt much..

[/quote]

i think you misundrestood me or may be i was unable to explain. i want 12vDC fan of 5 watt, so i can save power. i will attach fans directly to charge controller.

plz correct me if i am wrong.

Last night my ups burnt. In the mid night my fan suddenly ran at very very slow speed. I went to check ups, there was too much burning smell. Ups was too much hot, was unable to touch it. Huge sound was coming iut of it.

What do u think whatsvwrong with it. Today is holiday and 2morrow is friday so can,t check it from mechanic

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

problem with transformer or if present FETs..

or wiring short circuit.. can only be diagnosed on checking.

Mosfets burned. Now repaied.

why mosfets burn so often ??

cz extra load beyond UPS capability AND / OR low quality FETs used in ups.

Dear

I wan to connect my UPS (whose out put is 1000w 220vAC current and in put is 12v DC) directly with solar pannel so is it possible? if yes how much pannel plats are required for this kindly reply

thanking you.

with regards

kazim raza

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:253, topic:20952”]

it could be 50 watts… 5w is the small fan inside PC casings…

a standard large fan is around 80-100W… it is better to buy good large standard fan… the power saving isnt much…

[/quote]

I know it is old thread but I have a masoom sa question why is it written 65 watts on my al sheikh ceiling fans? Are they really that low consumption? I personally doubt that.