Setting up a Home Gym...Help

I am a couch potato. Due to my online business and other responsibilities I can't find enough time to go to the gym.

I need help. I just started having healthy food[ i am not stariving as it's done in regular diets]. I have left all the junk food, oily fried items etc...and I have started loosing fat. Oh, I am also doing a little bit of cardio [ High Intensity Interval Training]. In one week I have lost 4 pounds and my current is 91kg.

My major target at current point in time is just to loose belly and make myself healthy and look good. Later, I'll move towards building muscle and other stuff.

Now, my question to pros is What do I need to buy to setup a mini home gym? What do I need in such situation? Where can I buy such stuff like treadmill, bicycle, weights etc...? What to buy and what not to buy? My budget is 15000. I can take this budget upto 40,000 but only if damn necessary and 15000 budget is too low. I am located in Karachi.

for machines like thread mills etc:

http://www.bilalbrothers.net/contactus.php

for weights I always go to this particular shop in saddar near passport office....if you go there ask anybody and they can let you know where it is.

home gyms arent really that good of an idea.....

Many have tried, all failed miserbly....

If you do decide then get a jogging machine (with elevation settings) and 4 5Kg plates with a short bar (to make dumbell), and curly bar.....

use the bars (plus plate settings) and the power of google to find various excercises you can do with the bars....

Just remember not to do all excercises in one go, make a plan when to work put which part of body and which muscle......

Also do crunches and leg ups regularly.....

(No JOKE, am SERIOUS) If you think all this is too xpensive and too much work, then clean your room by doing a regular jaroo, paucha.....

move your couch and other furniture daily and clean them too.....

Its a lot of workout and you do end up having a clean room that everyone can appreciate....

If home chores are up your view, then go for cleaning clothes (w/o machine)....

they provide good excercise and the weight of wet clothes do provide the building of muscles....

Also share tips to GAIN wait. :)

[quote=“deffury, post:3, topic:16570”]

home gyms arent really that good of an idea…

Many have tried, all failed miserbly…

[/quote]

Agree with this 100%

Unless you have a big space at home and lot of cash to burn, don’t go for personal gym. Instead you should go to gym near your home which will cost you less as well as give you motivation to keep doing it because there you will see and meet different people and how they do exercises.

But if you insist on setting up personal gym then mind you am eletronic treadmill will cost you from Rs.25000 to Rs.250000 depending on model, size, features e.t.c.

A cheaper option is to get manual treadmill which doesn’t have any motor and will cost around Rs.3500 to Rs.5000. If you go to Makro then you will see them there. Here is one such treadmill

http://www.treadmills.me/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/phoenix-98516-easy-up-manual-treadmill.jpg

Another option is to get a barbell with some weights. There are two kinds of barbell and weights available; normal ones and Olympic standard. Naturally Olympic standard barbell and weights will cost more but they are more rigid and looks nice. An year back Olympic standard weights would cost Rs.170/KG while normal ones would cost Rs.60/KG.

You can get both treadmills + normal barbell and weights from MA Jinnah road in Karachi as there are a lots of shops there. But for Olympic standard bars and weights there are only 1 or 2 shops in Karachi I guess and one of them is in Sharfabad near Bahadurabad.

You can also buy ab rollar to do abs exercises.

http://0.tqn.com/d/exercise/1/0/d/x/abroller.jpg

Another cheap option is to do brisk walk or jogging.

Thanks techman!