Setting a PIN or password for SIM

Hi,

Can I set a PIN or password for SIM so that if someone tries to insert it in another phone then it won't work until that PIN or password is entered?

How do I do that?

Yeh! you can do that by going to the security menu of your mobile and then select the PIN or PIN1, change it to ON, default is 0000, you can change it what ever you want it to be under CHANGE CODES or CHANGE PIN.

If PIN fails 3 times (10 Times on Zong) your phone will be locked and will require PUK CODE, if PUK CODE fails 10 times, your SIM will be nothing more than a plastic crap :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yeh! you can do that by going to the security menu of your mobile and then select the PIN or PIN1, change it to ON, default is 0000, you can change it what ever you want it to be under CHANGE CODES or CHANGE PIN.

If PIN fails 3 times (10 Times on Zong) your phone will be locked and will require PUK CODE, if PUK CODE fails 10 times, your SIM will be nothing more than a plastic crap :P

[/quote]

Are these settings particular to that PHONE or SIM? I mean let’s say after I have done this, if I take out this SIM and put it in another phone, then it will ask for PIN or not?

^ Whenever you switch-on the phone, it will ask for your SIM's PIN code.

^ Whenever you switch-on the phone, it will ask for your SIM’s PIN code.
[/quote]

On same phone where I set PIN or new phone?

On same phone where I set PIN or new phone?

[/quote]

Any phone, because the PIN is stored on SIM.

Any phone, because the PIN is stored on SIM.

[/quote]

Great!